Looking and Feeling Good 1 Day After TT-updated with 6 Week Pic

I've waited a long time to have my tummy tuck done...

I've waited a long time to have my tummy tuck done. I found a board certified plastic surgeon who was great. I would do it all over again. The scar is low and my stomach has never been so flat. I'm 35 years old and had 2 kids that stretched my belly skin. No matter how many situps I did my abs would never get any smaller I have one drain and so far it's not bothering me. I'm so thankful for this site. I've lurking here everyday up to the date of my surgery. Find a good surgeon and go for it!

It's been 5 days and I feel great. ...

It's been 5 days and I feel great.  I stopped the pain medication after the 2nd day except at night right before bed. My follow up appt is tomorrow and I think the drain will be removed. The output is supposed to be 30 cc's or less for the whole day and yesterday it was 40 cc's and it's only been 10 cc's today. Tomorrow will be the first time I get to see my new belly button without the gauze. I'm in love with my new body. For so long I hated what I saw in the mirror it's hard to get used to and I feel really vain because I keep looking.

Good luck to everyone counting down to their surgery.

It's day 17 and I'm really starting to feel back...

It's day 17 and I'm really starting to feel back to normal now. I still try to get a quick nap in the day if I can. I had a few rough days feeling a bit depressed because of the swelling but then it started to subside. I was able to go back and look at my before and after pictures along with others and assure myself it was just swelling and not my old body coming back.

My first WOW moment came last night when I couldn't sleep. I started trying on clothes and tried on a little black dress that's a size smaller than I wear. Not only did it fit but it looked good. My old curves were the wrong curves but I definitely like the new ones. I also tried on a cute little night gown I bought several years ago to wear for my husband but it didn't look good and it looked amazing too.

My tummy tuck has been the new start that I've waited for a long time. I wasn't at my ideal weight when I had my TT but not too far, so I'm taking this opportunity to try to achieve that goal. So far since my TT on April 15 I'm down 10 lbs (3 1/2 was from the procedure).

To everyong considering this procedure, do your research, find a board certified PS that you click with, go for it, take care to prevent blood clots, take the necessary time to recover and enjoy your new fabulous body!

The swelling is finally starting to lessen. I felt...

The swelling is finally starting to lessen. I felt like it would never go away and went through the emotional roller coaster of wondering if I had a tummy tuck gone bad.

Be patient to see your results. I've been working out 3-5 days a week since the 3rd week that that probably doesn't help with the swelling. My belly button looks great but is slow to regain the proper pigment. I'm so thrilled with the results and glad I did something for me.

Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

My PS has lots of experience and had great before and after pictures in her portfolio

You look great & are an inspiration. I am booked for TT & lipo in 1 Dec & seem to be spending all my free time reading here & not letting myself chicken out.

Well done!
I think you look Fabulous! I was wondering if you weighed over 165 when you went in for this? I am 200 pounds and 50 years old. I too want to get rid of this stretched tummy from my two pregnancies but I noticed that if you are heavier they charge more money? Please let us know the Name of Dr. and place because your scar looks healed up and you are what I want to look like!
you look fabulous! I am hoping to see Dr Turkle in September for a FTT & MR and am very inspired by your before & after pics.
you look awesome, scar looks great, you work it ms fabulous
Wow, you look fantastic. I am scheduled to have my TT December 18th, I pray that my result are as dramatic as yours.
wow, that's great. I've never had surgery either. That's why I'm so afraid but your story makes me feel better. What is the dog ear tho?
I don't think I have a high tolerance for pain but have never had surgery before. I have a fear of being dependent on any medicine so I wanted to stop taking them as soon a possible but realize I wasn't in pain just a little discomfort. I still have some discomfort especially now that I am massaging the scar. Will be talking to my PS about a revision to fix the dog ear on my right side. Anyone have that done? It will be 4 weeks on Wednesday and things are going ok so far...belly button has been a bit slow to heal and one part of the incision but I tried on and bought 3 bikinis today and didn't cry when I tried them on.
You look AMAZING! I'm soooo scared to get the surgery but I want it so bad. Do you think that maybe you just have a high tolerance for pain? I know it's a weird question but i think that has alot to do with it. Congrats on your wonderful new figure!
Sonya, You look great. I had my TT & lipo on April 17th and am loving the difference already. YOU GO GIRL!
You look good, girl! I don't blame you for feeling vain. I'm in South Korea and I am looking for a certified PS to do my surgery. Thanks for your honesty and sharing.
Hi Sonya, Thanks for sharing your pics and good luck with your recovery. You look fantastic!
I'm one of those ppl who opted to go with lipo, but honey I must say your results are impressive. Happy healing to you!
You go girl!!!!!! you look fantabulossss....Huge differnce. Im having my TT in May of 09 and I cant wait...
WOW! You look Fabulous!
I had my TT in S.A. Ecuador by my uncle who's a certified surgeon...I had two drainage and was up the very next day and have stayed up. I too am so happy my only regret is waiting so long. My oldest child is 20 and my baby is 14. I wish I had done it a lot sooner. My scar is also hip to hip but I agree is nothing a sexy panty and bathing suit wont cover. I know what you mean about being vein, I cant get enough of the mirror. FYI - I payed $2,500...I would've payed a lot more ....
Hi Moonheart I am in SA an would like to go for TT, any advise and how much in rands did it cost you?
I think you look fantastic its been 6 days and I can't wait too see what my results are like I have not taken off my corset yet I go on Monday to get drain off so Im really excited!
You look amazing! I live in Fishers, IN and am searching for a PS.
I knew going into it that I would have a scar from hip to hip. My PS did a great job keeping it low and I'm extremely happy with the results. The scar will be covered with a swimsuit.
I can't wait to see your 1 week pictures. Your results are incredible and I can't believe you looked so 'sexy' after a day!! It was three or four days before I could stand up very well but three weeks post-op I'm doing back-over flips :) I'll post 4 week pictures this Thursday!!
forget what "wow" said, smart lipo DOES NOT get rid of the hanging skin like the tummy tuck does, it may tighten it but it will never fully go away. a waste of a few thousand dollars i say. congrats though! your body looks great! and the results are amazing!
I definitely agree here. Good luck to wow in a bathing suit, haha. From everything I've read, SmartLipo is exactly that - a waste of a few thousand dollars. The scar is the trade off when you have a tummy tuck, and you get a nice flat tummy out of it and by the way YOU LOOK AMAZING!
that scar is huge, i never want anything like that. i'm doing smart lipo. good luck in a bathing suit. sorry it's so big. maybe it will dissapear soon.
Hi, I went in to have a consultation for Smart Lipo. I was told by the plastic surgeon that SL does nothing for loose skin or stretch marks. I hope that you have a good doctor willing to tell you the truth & not just take your money. I don't know what your problem is, but i wish you the best.
Don't listen to wow...your scar will fade and lipo cannot repair muscles or tighten excess skin. Your before and after picture shows incredible improvement. You look fabulous! Even one day after! I have a simaler body type and after 2 c-sections (and a 9lb 11oz baby) am finally taking the plunge in a couple of months. Thanks so much for sharing your pics and story it has given me encouragement to process with my plans!