42 Year Old Wife and Mom - Longview, TX

My MOHS surgery is scheduled for one week from...

My MOHS surgery is scheduled for one week from today. I am a nervous wreck.

I went to my dermatologist to have a couple of places checked out. After a PAINFUL injection and a biopsy the results came back as basal cell carcinoma. I was praising the Lord for the great results (no melanoma). The location of my bcc is on my left cheek, under my eye, and close to my nose. I realized I am more vain than I originally thought. A lot of my (well meaning) friends say the surgery will go well and the scar will heal nicely.....but it's not their face. I have attached a picture of my healing biopsy. I will post pics of the after.

Surgery Over

My surgery was a success! I am very pleased ----- so far. The incision is not as big as I feared!

I have the big compression bandage on for another day, but the doctor allowed pictures to be taken on phone before they bandaged up the incision.

Upper left is the small mole I had examined. Upper right is after biopsy---again, a very small place. The two bottom pictures are of the incision once closed.

I'm thankful all the cancer was removed!

Large compression bandage

This looks plain silly! It itches my nose like crazy!! I'll be ready to take it off tomorrow evening.

Compression Bandage Off

Small black eye and just a bit of swelling. Still pleased!

Six days post-op

Very pleased with my results so far! I'm ready (and nervous) to get my stitches out Tuesday.

8 days post-op

I had my stitches removed this morning. They put more "flesh" colored tape on the incision. It will come off in 7 days. I'm still very pleased. ((The stitches hurt like poop coming out!!))

2 Weeks Post-Op

This was taken July 14th.
I'm still extremely pleased with the results. I will take a photo tomorrow and post it as well.

5 Weeks Post-op

Five weeks post-op and healing nicely! First two pictures are without make-up and the 2nd two are with make-up. (Taken today)

My son gave me a huge compliment today: we were face to face talking and he noticed the scar. He said, "wow! Your face looks amazing! I forgot all about the surgery. You can't even see it. "
Dr. Alyn Hatter

So patient and kind. He answered all my questions - honestly. He didn't discount my fears. I didn't feel rushed. I'm one day post-op, but as of today- I could not be happier! Dr. Hatter receives 5 Stars for all. I can't rate each category -- yet.