Crazy Excited and Nervous! Tummy Tuck/Lipo on Aug 27!

My Tummy Tuck is coming up on August 27 and my...

My Tummy Tuck is coming up on August 27 and my preop appointment is on the 23rd. I am very excited to finally get some help with my tummy. I am ready to lose most the stretchmarks, and able to accept the scar in place of a new tighter tummy. But I am feeling more nervous the closer I get and worried something might go wrong after reading bad reviews. Hopefully it will all work out beautifully though. I am at 163lbs right now and although I am close to a normal BMI and weight range for my heigth of 5'5" I am getting lipo on my "back fat" top (bra fat) and bottom (love handles). I actually heard about this site from another woman in my surgeons office. I was there on my consultation app and she was making a payment and said there was a site with lots of information and real people talking about their own procedures and giving advice. So I thought I'd check it out and here I am.

Longview Plastic Surgeon

Haven't had surgery yet but will update later.

How are u doing chica? Praying all went well. Please let us know how ur doing.
Good luck tomorrow!
Hi girly, How are things going your day is coming right around the corner. I am set for the 31st!!! Lets keep in touch would love to know how things go for you.
Still meeting tomorrow?
Hey hey girl! We hardly post on your page so I thought I'd say what's up and you only have a lil over 2weeks left till the BIG DAY!! Woo Woo!! I know you are excited...it's getting close!
You know it girl!!
I see we have the same surgery date! Good luck to you!
We do! That's neat, are you ready for it? I've gotten a lot of support so far.
Yes I am ready..can't wait to have a flat tummy! Although I don't know how I am going to not hold my kids for so long afterwards! They are with me 24/7 and sleep in my bed haha..so that will be tough!
How old are they? I know it will be tough, but you gotta follow the rules! I've read about lots of women doing more than they should because they felt up to it, but then they end up swelling badly. Be careful not to do that or it will take even longer to see your wonderful results!
Awe they still sleep with you? That's gonna be hard, but you have to be strong and follow doctors orders!
They are 3 1/2 and 16 months! I know it's going to be hard but I'll have to deal with it! I just have to think about how great my tummy will look! Thankfully my mom will coming over to help a lot!
Yes, I am a single mom so I would be lonely if they didn't sleep with me :)

Your Tummy Tuck is just a few weeks away! Please keep us updated on your journey.

You definitely came to the right website for good information! Welcome.... As long as you have researched your surgeon and have seen pictures of his work you should be ok. I am a bit of a research nut but I like to be sure and very confident in my decisions. I was lucky and found an excellent surgeon...though not before meeting six others. The seventh one was a charm for me! And I knew that two minutes after meeting him. I am so completely happy that I had my tummy tuck done. It is wonderful and I feel great. It is kind of crazy that a hanging tummy could cause you so much sadness. I am so completely amazed at my results and it just gets better each week as I am healing. Still a little bit of swelling but that is all normal. The first week after the procedure is the worst but it gets better each day after that. Everyone has a different pain tolerance but this one does hurt....but worth it. Wish I would have done it years ago. Here is a list of my recommendations. Rent a hospital bed for the first two weeks after surgery. It is hard getting comfy and getting up and down; which you will do many times. Having the electric bed to move up and down was a life saver for me. My PS recommended this and he was right on. Stay on top of your pain meds, drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy lean protein. This will help you heal better. Rest, rest, rest all you can and let people help you and wait on you if at all possible. Just tell yourself it is temporary and you will be back to your old self soon enough. The day after surgery take a dose of Milk of Magnesia because the pain meds will do a number on your system. Trust me you do not want to get constipated because it really hurts. I was about in tears because I waited until four days after surgery and was miserable. I had to take doses for two to three days to get back to normal. The day after surgery I took a shower and it felt sooo good. It is a bit of a job getting all ready and positioning your drains etc but you will feel better and relaxed after the warm water hits your body. Take a pain pill about a half hour before the shower and this will ease some of the pain. If you can sit while you shower better yet! It was hard shampooing my hair in the shower due to my back being so sore from being hunched over. Oh yes your back will hurt but light massage and changing position often will help. The swelling was the most frustrating part for me. I would be up for about two hours and I would start to swell and get really tight around the middle. That hurts!! It will ease up each week so being patient is the key; and I am not very patient so this was hard. I got a little bit weepy and blue about 10 days after surgery and cried at a Purina Puppy Chow ad on TV...WOW. Didn't see that one coming..LOL. My son sat on the edge of my bed and just rubbed my shoulders and told me it would be ok. He is so sweet. Just remember that all of these stages are normal and they will get better each week. Just keep your eye on the prize and stay excited about the awesome body you will have when all healed. It is so amazing to look in the mirror and see the flat and tight tummy. Had not seen that since before the birth of my son 18 years ago. It is normal to be nervous before surgery but don't let that scare you. The muscle repair also really hurts. As long as I didn't laugh, cry, cough, sneeze...and I repeat do not sneeze; hold that back at all cost, take a deep breath, or move too quickly all was fine. If you have a good surgeon I have no doubt you will come through this with amazing results. Stay focused on the end results. You will do wonderful! Can't wait to see your before and after pictures. I love doing pictures because it is so motivating for me. About a month after surgery start using Mederma cream on the scar three times a day and you will be amazed at how smooth and light the scar will become. They say to do this for up to six months for maximum results. Keep your chin up..look forward to reading about your procedure as you go through the process.
Thank you so much for all the information. I will try to keep updating as I go along and hopefully get pics up pretty soon. Thanks again!
Thanks for taking the time to write so much and give me advice kimmers I appreciate the support you are awesome!
Lol I think u posted in the wrong spot! Get it together danylle! lol!