Goodbye Big Nose! - Longmont, CO

Like how many other rhinoplasty stories begin, I...

Like how many other rhinoplasty stories begin, I have disliked my nose since I was 10. It seemed that at that time while going through puberty my nose began to grow and didn't "stop" growing until I was 15. I have been to 2 consultations so far. The first doctor was very nice and gave me a lot of information. His morph picture of what I could achieve was exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately I could not afford the surgery from what estimate he gave me. The 2nd consultation I had went great also, the doctor and the staff went great. After examining me he morphed my photos. The profile looked great but the front was not what I was expecting. I need to have a physical and a second consult with him, but hopefully if everything turns out good I will be having surgery in the next few months! I will post updates and pictures as soon as I can get them up. I am so thankful I have found this site, it has been a blessing to read through everyone's stories and experiences.

Surgery date set July 25th is the big day! :)

Photo on the way home from cast removal

2 weeks post-op

3 weeks post op and loving the results more and more everyday

I am so happy that I was able to muster up enough courage to go through with this. I have spent over 10 years focusing on my nose and letting it almost ruin my life. My self confidence was low, I avoided pictures as often as possible and hated to smile in public because it drooped so much. People would make ugly comments about my nose where ever I went which definitely didn't help the situation.
The first consultation I had with a renowned Rhinoplasty surgeon in Colorado in 2012. After I left I wasn't comfortable choosing him as my doctor. He and his office staff did not make me feel welcome. When it came to morphing my photo, he did not ask me about what I wanted to change or my concerns.
When I had my consultation with doctor Schmid his office staff was very friendly and welcoming. When it came to my nose and morphing my photos he wanted to know my concerns and what I was focused on changing. He communicated what he could and could not achieve. I knew he would be my doctor because he didn't promise me the world and I felt comfortable with him from the very beginning.
The recovery process was not as bad as I anticipated. The worst part of the whole thing was the congestion and having to do minimal activity. I got the worst of the congestion around day 5, and since I couldn't smell or taste my food I just decided to stick with the liquid diet.
After the cast was removed I was shocked. The minute it was removed it looked exactly like the morphed photos I was hoping for. 3 weeks today the results have just gotten better and better as the swelling continues to go down. I smile a lot more and my self confidence has gotten a big boost.

Homemade ice packs - so helpful after surgery!!

The best ice packs I found to use after surgery was homemade ones. I did buy a few bags of frozen peas but they did not work as well.
**In a small Ziploc bag mix 1 part rubbing alcohol with 2 parts water. You can add some blue dye to the bag as well.**
You can make as many as you want and the best part is they freeze like gel so they contour to your face. I made 10 before my surgery and when I got home would keep a frozen one on my face as often as possible then just switched them out when they would thaw out.

1 1/2 month post op front picture

Swelling is going down everyday and I am so happy I did this for myself :)

2 months post op

3 months post op

Immediately after cast removal and up to 2 months my profile looked great. I had a kenalog injection about 2 months post op. I now have an indentation above my tip. I really hope this goes away over time. I'm getting a little worried although I keep reminding myself that healing takes time. I just hope the bump above the tip goes away to straighten it out otherwise, if not i will have to get a revision in the future.

Through this process the most important thing you can have is patience!!

I posted an update about 2 weeks ago. Since then the bump I was concerned about disappeared. It is so odd the changes that are constantly happening and I have to keep reminding myself to have patience. 3 months post op I still have a little swelling and it is tender in places. I am always rubbing my nose and looking at it in the mirror.. The weirdest change that has happened is I have quit biting my finger nails. I have tried for 10+ years to quit and after my surgery that habit was gone! The anxiety I felt about my appearance is gone and my self confidence is at a "normal" constant level.

It's getting hard to remember what it was like to look in the mirror and see my old nose :)

Im about 20 weeks post op now. My nose is changing all the time (for the better) but i don't notice until I look at the pictures I have taken over the past few months. I am so so happy! I can't wait to take christmas photos and feel great ;)

A little more than 1 year post op

I love my results the only things I wish would improve is my columnella. I feel that is still droops the same way that it did before although right after cast removal is looked exactly the way I had wanted. Time will tell but overall I am happy with my results :)
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon