Scared That Only About 3 Pounds Was Removed... - Long Island, NY

I had my smart lipo done on my flanks, stomach and...

I had my smart lipo done on my flanks, stomach and outer thighs today. I had been contemplating smart lipo for a number of years and finally decided to take the plunge. Im 40 years old 5'6" and weigh around 138. I wasn't really that nervous until I got to the office. I took a valume as prescribed 30 minutes before, but I felt it did nothing so I took another and it seemed to help a bit more. My doctor came in and marked me up. I will be honest the numbing stuff was really quite painful, but the actual Laser part just feels like a weird pressure and the suction part kinda burns. Having said that I'm still very glad I chose to stay awake. The procedure took about 2 hours and they removed 1500 ccs. I was very excited until I googled it and found out that is only around 3 pounds. :-( But im trying not judge before I see my result. I did a lot of reading on this sight and I got lots of great tips; #1 was get two compression garments because first 48 hours u can leak from incision and need an extra while washing the other. #2 is wear warm socks its cold in operating room! Right now I feel pretty sore but nothing unbearable . Tomorrow I will post some pictures right now I'm extremely bloated and swollen.

Day one post op

Well, I cant get the damn ink off but feel pretty good just sore but able to cook, shower and walk around the house with minimal pain. Didn't even bother taking asprin. Drinking lots of water. Im pretty swollen and have some bruising which I expect will get worse before it gets better. Ive been taking the arnica montana tablets. Ive decided to post the after pics tomorrow because I Don't want to be out of my garment for any length of time and its such a pain to put on and off. Ive also been told the more u wear the garment the better the results. I was told by a PA that after her smart lipo procedure she wore the garment for 3 months! I was dreading 6 weeks ... still upset over the 3 pounds honestly I thought that they would take a MINIMUM of 5.... but like I said not going to jump to any conclusions.

2 days post op

Not seeing any difference at all and my measurements are actually bigger. Here are the pics. Praying that this is just swelling :-(

18 days post op

Well the upside is that the discomfort is almost gone now only have it at night while sleeping. The downside is that I don't see any results. None. I actually think my stomach looks worse. My doctor says swelling. But I just don't see how there is going to be that dramatic of a change when swelling is gone. Trying to be patient but right now I feel like I completely wasted almost 6 grand. And I'm so sick of this garment I could scream. Ok rant # 3 over. :-/

One Month Post today

Well still no result. At least I'm no longer larger than I was...I'm seriously considering beating my doctor with a large stick or demanding my money back. Either or....

I felt the same way after my procedure. I had to go in for a redo 6 months after first one. It hurt like hell but now I see results!
Hi Hun, I'm sure you'll see results as time passes.
I hope you r seeing results now.
How are you doing?
Unfortunately, the only result is that im no longer larger than I was.... Now Im just exactly the same one month today. I'm so angry and disappointed I'm going to ask for a refund of some sort.
When I was 18 days post op I couldn't wear the jeans I wore before surgery...too tight. It's coming up to 8 weeks and I can put those on jeans on and off without unbuttoning and unzipping them. Be patient....it gets better :-)
Skittles, I hope you are right about the two months. After one month I can see a difference in my waist but not in abdominal area. I had over 4 pounds removed and was sure I would see more immediate change. I will keep my fingers crossed. I am told patients is the key. Thanks for posting.
I had it done two weeks ago and I don't see any difference at all!
It is just swelling! I had maybe 4 pounds of fat removed less than 4 months ago and now I see a dramatic difference in my shape. I STILL have some swelling that hasn't gone away, so I know it can take a long time. I was just like you a few days post op with being bigger than I was pre op. It took me about a month for the swelling to start to decrease and really see a difference. Be patient (I know it's hard).
Thanks for the words of encouragement. :-) im glad to hear someone else had a similar experience. I just see such dramatic changes in most people, I guess I was expecting similar results. .. I know smart lipo is more for sculpting but I still thought the they would get a good 5 or 6 pounds! Now cause I'm BIGGER I dont know what on earth i'm supposed to wear. The larger me plus this horrid garment none of my clothes fit right. :-( ok, enough of my carrying on and feeling sorry for myself.
I will today. But it's seems kinda pointless, I'm so swollen I'm larger than when I started. Before surgery my waist was 29" I measured last night and my waist has swelled to 32! I will post them after my shower a little later just so u can see.
Looking forward to seeing after pics!