Lipodissolve Ruined my Cheek - Long Island, NY

Had the injection on my left cheek bc of the extra...

Had the injection on my left cheek bc of the extra fat grafting I had. Now my cheek has some kind of build up, looks bloated, puffy. But it's not swollen. I def don't look like I used to. So a top surgeon in LA thought it is that didn't dissolve so we decided to have liposuction on the cheeks. Alas, it is still there. I tried consulting with many other surgeons, tried kenalog shot, professional massages but it doesn't go away.

I had an MRI done and the tissue examined and it turned out it was fat necrosis aka deformed fat caused by lipodissolve. I had liposuction surgery on the cheek which helped a lot. But there was still some fat remaining embedded within the muscle fibers. For that I had exilis which pretty much got rid of most of the deformed fat. There are other options out there too and ulthera I tried which was great for skin tightening but did not reduce the bad fat. Coolskulpting does not support the use on the face yet otherwise that would have been my first option. You should check regularly. Remember exilis will remove small amount of fat per treatment so if you decide to have liposuction, have exilis done after the surgery and not before. Good luck! Hopefully your case is just swelling and not fat necrosis but I think most of the swelling should have dissipated after a week.
Hi newpotatoe, thanks for your reply. It's so helpful to hear from people who've successfully removed fat. I will avoid the Ulthera as it's expensive anyway. Did they use the fat busting settings for the Exilis (rather than the facial radio frequency one)? I think I have some fat necrosis from the fat grafting as it is very hard and lumpy right inside my mouth. If you look on my review you can see the fat problem i'm dealing with is mainly superficial. I am hoping that something like the Exilis can help soften the hard lumpy areas without need for surgery.
You seriously need like 3 to 4 treatments of the lippodissolve on the fat grafting to get a good result..I don't know why....but I had a similar problem..Takes several lippodissolve treatments to "take"; don't give up...good luck
Another thing to try...make an appointment w/ Plastic surgeon/Dermatoligist for Lidocane injection that is what really did the trick 4 me to dissolve fat grafting...got to try it non-invasive short office visit and poof gone..:) hope this helps
linda12, hi, is Lipostabil the same as Lipodissolve? how much fat grafting did you have and how were these injections applied over a large surface area (or was it a few isolated lumps)? Your response would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I'm not sure what lipostabil but I'm pretty sure it's different. If its not FDA approved I would stay away from it. I would recommend coolsculpting or exilis. I had about 45ccs of fat grafted and a little too much on my left cheek. Lipodissolve was injected a couple of times into that cheek. The more volume injected the more fat it will take away. But it did mess up my cheek. It lost its shape and firmness. It looks like disorganized tissue. It's difficult to explai. There's no lumps though
HI newpotatoe, will cool sculpting and exilis definitely melt fat transfer??! Or will they be too weak? I read on this site the doctors saying that the handpiece for Coolsculpting was too big for fat transfer. I'm sorry for your bad experience with Lipodissolve. I wonder if the injections broke up the fat unevenly? The info I got was from Lipoma Board. According to this site, the main ingredients in Lipodissolve are "phosphatadylcholine (PPC), phosphatadylcholine with deoxycholate (PC/DC), or deoxycholate alone". I read this whole thread which said the latter has been associated with necrosis of tissue but solutions with pure PC are available. Still, I am wary of it after reading the horror stories on this site.
i really need your advise i had injected lipodisslive on my cheek. i now look puffy and wide cheek. god. i used to have a v shape cheek. i really scared will the swolling not faed? how can i get back my normal face? pls give me advice?
i ve got the same problem. i ve injected lipodisslove for a week on my cheek. i look puffy and wide cheek. it lost the firmness. i am so afraid it will be forever can you pls advise me what should i do?
forgot to tell you. i have fat grafting 3 years ago. i cannot sleep after saw your post. i will have a prewedding photo shooting after 5 months. help me
Hi puffy face, what went wrong with your fat grafting? When I looked at the lipodissolve reviews on this website, most people said it took quite a few days for the swelling to go down.
Hi Linda and Unoq, I have a Palovia Laser and I had wrinkles under my eyes and on my cheeks after my fat grafting 2 months ago. I used the Palovia on my cheeks a little and underneath my eyes. The right eye had a small round lump and it made it go down, I could feel the fat going away. Now my right eye is completely smooth it went down a little more than I would have liked, but it looks better than being like a bumpy road. The Left eye is my big issue it looks like a sausage or football player's undereye bag. I used the Palovia Laser on it as well, it seemed to puff up really bad at first and it scared me, but today when I woke up it had went down. I think it helped it a little, but I am going to continue to us it on the lumps in hopes of it making the fat die, like it did to my right eye. I just the did the left eye lumps 2 hours ago, so I have to wait 6 more hours for the Palovia to charge back up . I will keep you guys posted if this works for getting rid of extra fat and lumps...I hope this helps keep your fingers crossed....