Would Do It Again In A Heartbeat! - Long Beach, CA

Very happy overall! I've had some bite and...

Very happy overall! I've had some bite and TMJ/jaw problems for a long time, and my dentist thought that straightening my teeth would help (I've been with this dentist for 3 years now). After waiting a year to decide, and not being pressured at all by my dentist, I went ahead and had the impressions done and got my first set of aligners. My dentist and his office were fantastic! My oral health is even better because I have to take the liners out to eat and I have to brush and floss after every meal. I've lost 15 pounds (which I needed to do anyway!) because I can't 'graze' throughout the day. I drink more water now too.

My dentist checked every single detail and answered every question. Sometimes my liners needed to be adjusted a bit when I changed from one to another (i.e., filed down in one spot), and the dental assistants took care of that immediately when I called them about it. They took care of any questions or concerns I had. Some liners I wore for 3 weeks and some for just 2 weeks.

The only 'cons' that I can share are that for the first couple of days with a new aligner, there is some pain...in my case it wasn't anything that ibuprofen didn't take care of...but the 'pain' told me that the aligners were working, because after a few days the discomfort would subside and I could pop the aligners in and out without any notice of pain or discomfort. There were a couple of times in the middle of the treatment that I had a bit of a 'pulling' headache with the new liners, but it never lasted long and wasn't anything that kept me from being able to do my regular daily routine.

My teeth were crooked and my bite was bad...I have crowns and bridges, and I wasn't sure I'd be a good candidate for Invisalign - thankfully, I was, and I would go through it again in a heartbeat! Oh, and one great thing - at least in my case - my dentist said any refinements that might be required (additional liners to do any small additional movements, etc.), would be included in the price I've already paid.

Thankfully I was able to finance my portion of the cost with 0% interest as well. If you're a candidate for Invisalign, there's no reason to wait! I'm a 50-year-old woman...it's never too late!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Dr. and his office staff are terrific. I was a 'dental-phobe' for years, and I actually look forward to seeing Dr. A now...my teeth and gums are now healthy since I've been their patient (and believe me, I needed a LOT of work before I even got my Invisaligns!), and I feel like I look and feel better. They are very caring as well...I went to the office to have a filling done last year, and I'd gotten up with a headache that day. I didn't want to cancel the appointment, even though the headache was getting worse. So I went to the appointment a little early, and they put me in a quiet room with the lights off, gave me an icepack, a blanket, and put some soft music on. When it was my turn to be seen by Dr. A, he and Lani (his assistant) did the procedure with the lights off and just the exam light on so they could see what they were doing, but I'd still be comfortable. I love that they are not pushy and that it's not all about money for them...they really care about their patients!

Thank you! I am pleasantly surprised with the results as well. I really think that following my dentist's instructions made all the difference. I'm now just down to wearing retainers at night (8 hours)...that's been since January. My teeth have not shifted and I'm still really happy with my smile!
I would never say you have bridges or crowns, your teeth look fantastic!
P.S...I actually just tried to upload my final photo...hopefully it will show up on my post and you can see my great results!
I just went yesterday to get my final Invisalign retainers...I had very bad teeth when I started too...besides being crooked and having major bite problems, I also had lots of dental work too...3 bridges, lots of crowns, etc., and I was a candidate. In fact, my dentist was actually surprised at my final results. He was sure they'd come out 'great' but yesterday he said that they were 'gorgeous'! Oh, and I was 48 when I started! I am one of the blessed ones who didn't need any 'refinements' or 'mid-course corrections'...because I followed my dentist's instructions and wore my aligners just as I was supposed to. I wish I could upload a final photo, because my teeth look even better than they do in the photo I uploaded originally. I still had 2 months to go in the last photo. I am incredibly happy with the results, my bite is so much better, my headaches have diminished, and my self-esteem has improved. I enjoy smiling now! If you are a candidate for the Invisalign, I highly recommend doing that over 'train-track' braces.

I was worried about not doing so well because I was older, but that was not an issue at all. I love also that any refinements or mid-course corrections are all included in the price...the retainers too...so it's worth it - at least to me :-)

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Thank you so much for your review. I'm a 48 yr old woman who is deciding between Invisalign or braces. My teeth are fairly bad. I have an appt with an orthodontist in Jan. I hope I'm a candidate. My self esteem will sky rocket if I can get my smile fixed. Your review is making me think I'm making the correct choice with checking on Invisalign.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You look fantastic!

I've read about weight loss as a fortunate "side effect" of treatment. Makes me want Invisalign. ;)