Getting excited about my surgery scheduled for...

Getting excited about my surgery scheduled for April 3. Im 49 and my eyes look so tired. I feel young and I'd like to look younger and not so tired. Doctor says my lower eyelids are worse than my uppers. My upper lids have become more and more hooded as I age. I'm eating right, drinking lots of water and taking my vitamins. Three days prior to surgery I will start taking arnica montana to help with bruising and swelling. So ready!

6 More Days Until Surgery

Only 6 more days until my surgery. I had my blood work done yesterday. Emailed with my doctors staff and they are sending my pharmacy the prescriptions so I can get them filled ahead of time. This will be antibiotic ointment, antibiotic pills and pain meds. My surgery is scheduled for 7am on Thursday. I will be having my surgery in my PS's surgery center in his office under general anesthesia. He tells me it's about a 2 hour surgery.

Feeling like I need to get everything wrapped up with work and needing to clean my house and do laundry and get all of my other duties done so I can just relax and heal after surgery. I'm thinking about using a zero gravity lounge chair to sleep in after surgery so I can stay elevated. I'm a stomach sleeper and this is going to be so hard!!!! If I try to stay propped up in my bed I think I will roll over and hurt my face.

I haven't told my friends or parents about my choice for surgery, although they have heard me say over and over that I want it done for my 50th birthday. Let's see who notices first. LOL

Keeping all of my thoughts positive and visualizing a beautiful more youthful look!

Just a Few Photos of Before Surgery

Just wanted to add a few "before photos". 5 more days!!!

Thursday 4/3 Surgery All Set

Spoke with my PS's office today. I was able to ask my questions regarding Thursday's surgery. I will arrive at surgery center at 7:00 am and be prepped for surgery. Photos will be taken for my "before". Dr. and anesthesiologist will come in and answer any questions and go over procedure and expectations. Dr. will perform his magic on my eyes and I will recover for awhile. I will go home with the nurse's cell phone number and I can call her anytime over the weekend. She will contact Dr. if needed. I will be taking Vicodin for pain or Tylenol 3 as needed. He also prescribes an oral antibiotic so I don't need eye ointment which can limit my vision. I like that! I'm told not to use anything on my eyes except ice until after the stitches come out in 1 week. I'm taking arnica currently and will continue that after surgery. On day 8 I have an appointment to get my hair done. On day 11 will be my husband's birthday dinner in a low lighting restaurant. I guess at that point my parents will know what I've done. LOL

Still finishing up all of my work and home chores. I'm a Real Estate Broker and Property Manager so I'm super busy. Trying to hide out might be challenging but so far everything should be quiet for the first week. Hubby will take care of me for the first 4 days then he'll go back to work. I know I will be much better by then.

Super excited and I'm feeling so positive and lucky to be able to have this opportunity to improve my eyes. Just grateful for my blessings!!! Stay tuned. . .

Surgery Behind Me & No Pain At All

Piece of cake! Doc said everything went great. No bleeding and no problems. Going back on Tuesday to remove stitches. I can see fine to watch TV and use my ipad.. Been using my frozen peas and eye mask. Taking my antibiotic every 4 hours. Doc says icing is important for the first 24 hours after that it's up to me. No laying down flat so I'm in my zero gravity chair. It's 2:39 am and just got up to watch some TV. I have the nurses cell number if I need anything. All is well and so far super easy and no big deal :-))

Day After Close - Ups

Some lovely day after surgery photos

Feeling Human Again

My friend came by for a visit today and brought me some lovely flowers. After our visit I took a nice hot bubble bath. Washed my face very carefully around my taped eyes. Pretty tender to move the washcloth around. Had to pat the face instead of rubbing. I feel so clean and new. No pain at all. My nurse called to check on me and I let her know I'm doing great. I think I'll go for a little walk down the street tomorrow with sunglasses on. My eyes are not as runny now. Getting hungry for dinner! That's a good sign.

2nd Night - Little Tired

Ready for bed tonight. Had 3 visitors today and I'm done. No pain and I can feel the healing taking place :-))

2 Days After Surgery

I slept super well last night. I only got up once and took an antibiotic pill. Hubby made me breakfast and I took a bath and got dressed. I think I'll rest this morning and then take a walk this afternoon. Bruising is very minimal. Absolutely no pain and I feel pretty good!

3 Days After Surgery

Feeling really good today. Washed my hair in the bathtub with hubby's help. It's hard to blow dry my hair because it pulls my scalp which pulls my forehead which lifts my eye tape. It doesn't really hurt but in a way it kind of tickles. Taking it easy today but going to a friends for dinner. I put away the pain pills and still taking oral antibiotic and arnica. Can't wait for the tape to be off!!!

4 Days After Surgery

This tape is driving me nuts!!! I feel good today but I'll still take a nap. So looking forward to tomorrow when the stitches come out. It's like Christmas and I get to open my present.

5 Days After Surgery - Stitches Out!

I took a Vicodin before going to see my PS just in case. It did hurt while stitches were being removed. A little pinching and burning but so worth it. I can't get over how great I look. Dr. wants me back in 2 weeks and we will take his "after" photos. I love my new look! It will be even better in the upcoming days :-)). No makeup allowed until Dr. Gives me the green light.

6 Days After Surgery

I am so happy! So glad my hooded eyes are gone. Hubby tells me he doesn't see it because he still sees me as the 30 year old that he fell in love with. I guess "love is blind". I would highly recommend this to anyone that is bothered by their hooded eyes.

7 Days After Surgery

Feeling great! Tomorrow night going out for hubby's bday with the parents. Do you think my Mom will notice???? LOL

8 Days After Surgery

It's 8 days since my surgery. Got my hair done this morning and I feel like myself now. Ok, I've covered my bruises on my under eye area and I'm getting ready for hubby's birthday dinner. I bet my Mom won't notice a thing. Still super happy with my decision and I know it's going to continue to improve everyday :-))

11 Days After Surgery

Getting better everyday! Feeling good and my eyes are looking 10 years younger. My bruises are faded but still noticeable.

12 Days After Surgery

Everyday get better! My lash lines are still numb which is normal per my PS. The tenderness is going away finally. Still sleeping on my back so I can heal better. No eye makeup yet because PS said makeup can stain my incisions. I wouldn't want to rub the area either for makeup removal. Trying to avoid the sun here is sunny SoCal as best as I can.

2 Weeks After Surgery

So grateful to Dr. Hicks for his ability to improve my eyes! I look much younger and more refreshed in just 2 weeks time. I'm overjoyed with my decision to change what bothered me. Forever grateful ??

1 Month After Surgery - So Pleased!

It's been a month since surgery. All of the tenderness is gone. The scars are fading very nicely. I'm am so happy I had this done! What do you guys think?

8 Weeks Post Op - Keeps Geeting Better!

I saw my PS the other day. He said there is still a little swelling under my eyes. We are both very happy with the results. PS wants to see me again in six weeks for last follow up. My scars are very faded and nobody would ever know what I had done. If you are considering this surgery, do it! Best gift that you can give yourself! :-))

10 Weeks Post Op

It's been 10 weeks since my surgery. My eyes continue to change as things settle in. My scars are very light and really hard to see. Eyeshadow was not too smooth over the scars over the last few weeks. Now makeup is easier to apply over the scars because they have healed so much. I'm really happy that I did the surgery and my results are fantastic! If you are reading this because you are considering having eye lid surgery, I say do it!

14 Weeks Post Op - Dr. has released me

I went to see my PS for a final check up. He and I are both happy with my results. Here are my before and after photos. So glad I had this surgery. My PS was fantastic and I have a very natural look. I feel so lucky! Forever grateful to Dr. Hicks.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Surgeon! I love what he did for me. I would recommend him to all of my friends. He is so caring and so kind and his staff is exceptional. This was such a positive experience for me.

Just checked your pic. Yes it was worth it. You look fabulous. Are you having fun playing with eye make up again?
Oh yes, everyday is a new look with different colors of eyeshadow. Makes me so happy :-))
I love your results so natural looking I want that too!!! You're my hero!!
You look amazing!!
You really are brave and look wonderful!!!
Really I'm a huge chicken! I just really wanted this done so I could take ten years off my face. It really was easy too. No pain at all :-))
Congrats- you look amazing!
You look awesome!
Thank you and I feel younger too :-))
You look so fresh and bright. I'm 56 have wanted to do this for years. So tired of being told "you look tired", or " Do you have another migraine?" I can tell by your eyes. I just say yes I do! I've been doing my research but don't know who to trust. I don't want a bad outcome. I live in Maryland-Virginia area if you have any suggestions. I am so happy for you.
Just do it! You will be so happy you did.
You are so beautiful!! Congrats!!
Thank you - my Doctor is amazing :-))
your eyes look beautiful, the results are fantastic. thanks for the update! always good to see how things are looking and settling as time goes by.
Thank you. I had an amazing surgeon!
wow that is looking **AWESOME**! I so hope i have a comparable result! ;-)
Thank you!
You look so beautiful!
You look amazing. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I am due to go for surgery in 2 weeks time and the nerves are starting. I'm having upper and lower eyelid surgery. I'm so pleased I found this site as it calms my nerves and I know I am doing the right thing. I am 45 and noticed bags under my eyes 20 years ago and just knew that I would be having surgery before the age of 50! I think the only regret I will have is not having it done sooner!
My best advice is to stay positive, don't read any negative results on here, eat well, rest well and you will do fantastic! Thank you for the compliment. I'm so happy that I did the surgery and you will be too! Good luck and I can't wait to see your photos and hear about your excellent progress.
hi sleepeepeepees it is a very nerve wracking journey, but knowing as much as you can beforehand helps a whole lot. it's good to know you're not the only one feeling the way you do. a good surgeon can create outstanding amazing wonderful results - just remember to be patient as full healing takes its time! do post some pics - it helps because believe it or not you'll have a hard time remembering exactly what your eyes were like before the surgery is done. i think you will be very happy with the difference it makes x
Again, you look amazing. :) I am now 9 days post op and have no regrets about having done. my bruising has appeared in the same places as what yours has so it's very interesting to follow your progress. I am so happy I had this procedure done and pleased I had this done. I am experiencing the numb eyelids and eyelashes too!
Thank you so much. I thinks it's very empowering to know we can make improvements to ourself that can boost our self esteem. Making ourselves feel pretty is the best part of being a woman. All the best to you! Happy healing :-)
hi mrsmarilyn wonderful surgeon, wonderful results! doesn't it also feel so great not having that heavy skin resting on your upper eyelids? i used to feel like i was sleepy all the time, like my eyes were slowly closing on me through the day. i had a blephroplasty three months ago and am still healing, but am very happy with it and looking forward to it getting better and better as it fully heals. my surgeon recommended filler rather than surgery on my lower eyes, but i may stop with what i've done so far. but nice to see how well your under eye work went. you look so happy and lovely - congratulations!