Getting excited about my surgery scheduled for...

Getting excited about my surgery scheduled for April 3. Im 49 and my eyes look so tired. I feel young and I'd like to look younger and not so tired. Doctor says my lower eyelids are worse than my uppers. My upper lids have become more and more hooded as I age. I'm eating right, drinking lots of water and taking my vitamins. Three days prior to surgery I will start taking arnica montana to help with bruising and swelling. So ready!

6 More Days Until Surgery

Only 6 more days until my surgery. I had my blood work done yesterday. Emailed with my doctors staff and they are sending my pharmacy the prescriptions so I can get them filled ahead of time. This will be antibiotic ointment, antibiotic pills and pain meds. My surgery is scheduled for 7am on Thursday. I will be having my surgery in my PS's surgery center in his office under general anesthesia. He tells me it's about a 2 hour surgery.

Feeling like I need to get everything wrapped up with work and needing to clean my house and do laundry and get all of my other duties done so I can just relax and heal after surgery. I'm thinking about using a zero gravity lounge chair to sleep in after surgery so I can stay elevated. I'm a stomach sleeper and this is going to be so hard!!!! If I try to stay propped up in my bed I think I will roll over and hurt my face.

I haven't told my friends or parents about my choice for surgery, although they have heard me say over and over that I want it done for my 50th birthday. Let's see who notices first. LOL

Keeping all of my thoughts positive and visualizing a beautiful more youthful look!

Just a Few Photos of Before Surgery

Just wanted to add a few "before photos". 5 more days!!!

Thursday 4/3 Surgery All Set

Spoke with my PS's office today. I was able to ask my questions regarding Thursday's surgery. I will arrive at surgery center at 7:00 am and be prepped for surgery. Photos will be taken for my "before". Dr. and anesthesiologist will come in and answer any questions and go over procedure and expectations. Dr. will perform his magic on my eyes and I will recover for awhile. I will go home with the nurse's cell phone number and I can call her anytime over the weekend. She will contact Dr. if needed. I will be taking Vicodin for pain or Tylenol 3 as needed. He also prescribes an oral antibiotic so I don't need eye ointment which can limit my vision. I like that! I'm told not to use anything on my eyes except ice until after the stitches come out in 1 week. I'm taking arnica currently and will continue that after surgery. On day 8 I have an appointment to get my hair done. On day 11 will be my husband's birthday dinner in a low lighting restaurant. I guess at that point my parents will know what I've done. LOL

Still finishing up all of my work and home chores. I'm a Real Estate Broker and Property Manager so I'm super busy. Trying to hide out might be challenging but so far everything should be quiet for the first week. Hubby will take care of me for the first 4 days then he'll go back to work. I know I will be much better by then.

Super excited and I'm feeling so positive and lucky to be able to have this opportunity to improve my eyes. Just grateful for my blessings!!! Stay tuned. . .

Surgery Behind Me & No Pain At All

Piece of cake! Doc said everything went great. No bleeding and no problems. Going back on Tuesday to remove stitches. I can see fine to watch TV and use my ipad.. Been using my frozen peas and eye mask. Taking my antibiotic every 4 hours. Doc says icing is important for the first 24 hours after that it's up to me. No laying down flat so I'm in my zero gravity chair. It's 2:39 am and just got up to watch some TV. I have the nurses cell number if I need anything. All is well and so far super easy and no big deal :-))

Day After Close - Ups

Some lovely day after surgery photos

Feeling Human Again

My friend came by for a visit today and brought me some lovely flowers. After our visit I took a nice hot bubble bath. Washed my face very carefully around my taped eyes. Pretty tender to move the washcloth around. Had to pat the face instead of rubbing. I feel so clean and new. No pain at all. My nurse called to check on me and I let her know I'm doing great. I think I'll go for a little walk down the street tomorrow with sunglasses on. My eyes are not as runny now. Getting hungry for dinner! That's a good sign.

2nd Night - Little Tired

Ready for bed tonight. Had 3 visitors today and I'm done. No pain and I can feel the healing taking place :-))

2 Days After Surgery

I slept super well last night. I only got up once and took an antibiotic pill. Hubby made me breakfast and I took a bath and got dressed. I think I'll rest this morning and then take a walk this afternoon. Bruising is very minimal. Absolutely no pain and I feel pretty good!

3 Days After Surgery

Feeling really good today. Washed my hair in the bathtub with hubby's help. It's hard to blow dry my hair because it pulls my scalp which pulls my forehead which lifts my eye tape. It doesn't really hurt but in a way it kind of tickles. Taking it easy today but going to a friends for dinner. I put away the pain pills and still taking oral antibiotic and arnica. Can't wait for the tape to be off!!!

4 Days After Surgery

This tape is driving me nuts!!! I feel good today but I'll still take a nap. So looking forward to tomorrow when the stitches come out. It's like Christmas and I get to open my present.

5 Days After Surgery - Stitches Out!

I took a Vicodin before going to see my PS just in case. It did hurt while stitches were being removed. A little pinching and burning but so worth it. I can't get over how great I look. Dr. wants me back in 2 weeks and we will take his "after" photos. I love my new look! It will be even better in the upcoming days :-)). No makeup allowed until Dr. Gives me the green light.

6 Days After Surgery

I am so happy! So glad my hooded eyes are gone. Hubby tells me he doesn't see it because he still sees me as the 30 year old that he fell in love with. I guess "love is blind". I would highly recommend this to anyone that is bothered by their hooded eyes.

7 Days After Surgery

Feeling great! Tomorrow night going out for hubby's bday with the parents. Do you think my Mom will notice???? LOL

8 Days After Surgery

It's 8 days since my surgery. Got my hair done this morning and I feel like myself now. Ok, I've covered my bruises on my under eye area and I'm getting ready for hubby's birthday dinner. I bet my Mom won't notice a thing. Still super happy with my decision and I know it's going to continue to improve everyday :-))

11 Days After Surgery

Getting better everyday! Feeling good and my eyes are looking 10 years younger. My bruises are faded but still noticeable.

12 Days After Surgery

Everyday get better! My lash lines are still numb which is normal per my PS. The tenderness is going away finally. Still sleeping on my back so I can heal better. No eye makeup yet because PS said makeup can stain my incisions. I wouldn't want to rub the area either for makeup removal. Trying to avoid the sun here is sunny SoCal as best as I can.

2 Weeks After Surgery

So grateful to Dr. Hicks for his ability to improve my eyes! I look much younger and more refreshed in just 2 weeks time. I'm overjoyed with my decision to change what bothered me. Forever grateful ??

1 Month After Surgery - So Pleased!

It's been a month since surgery. All of the tenderness is gone. The scars are fading very nicely. I'm am so happy I had this done! What do you guys think?

8 Weeks Post Op - Keeps Geeting Better!

I saw my PS the other day. He said there is still a little swelling under my eyes. We are both very happy with the results. PS wants to see me again in six weeks for last follow up. My scars are very faded and nobody would ever know what I had done. If you are considering this surgery, do it! Best gift that you can give yourself! :-))

10 Weeks Post Op

It's been 10 weeks since my surgery. My eyes continue to change as things settle in. My scars are very light and really hard to see. Eyeshadow was not too smooth over the scars over the last few weeks. Now makeup is easier to apply over the scars because they have healed so much. I'm really happy that I did the surgery and my results are fantastic! If you are reading this because you are considering having eye lid surgery, I say do it!

14 Weeks Post Op - Dr. has released me

I went to see my PS for a final check up. He and I are both happy with my results. Here are my before and after photos. So glad I had this surgery. My PS was fantastic and I have a very natural look. I feel so lucky! Forever grateful to Dr. Hicks.

4 Months Post Op

It's been 4 months since my surgery and all is great! Seems like everything has settled into place. It's really hard to see any scar lines at this point. I started using Rapid Lash a few weeks ago and my eyelashes are healthier and thicker than before. I am just tickled with my results!!! Thank you all for your kind words :-))

Feeling So Grateful

Well, it's been over 4 months since my surgery and I continue to receive kind & beautiful messages from women around the world. I am so grateful for the support here. I hope anyone reading this that has not had the surgery can find the courage to take the step forward and do what you have been dreaming about. It's fantastic and amazing how great I feel at 50!!! So grateful :-))
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Surgeon! I love what he did for me. I would recommend him to all of my friends. He is so caring and so kind and his staff is exceptional. This was such a positive experience for me.

So glad you posted your adventure! I'm doing the uppers in Dec 2014! Over Christmas break, so hopefully I can cover any bruising. I hope my adventure goes as well as yours! (Notice it's and adventure, not surgery!) *L* You look wonderful!
Thank you and you'll do great on your adventure. Take this time to eat healthy and be good to yourself. Can't wait to see your results!
Stunning results and such a helpful review!!! But you forgot to tell us whether your MIL noticed a difference at your hubby's birthday dinner!!
It was my own mom but I had told her prior that I wanted my eyes done when I turn 50. She would laugh because she knows I'm a huge chicken! So that evening we were face to face chatting and my mom asked me, "Why do you have a bruise on your face?" Then she said, "You did that surgery!" I confessed and my mom realized I'm not a huge chicken after all! About a week later, my 81 year old mom said to me that she just noticed that she has a lot of wrinkles around her eyes too. She said she won't do surgery though :-)) LOL
Absolutely gorgeous! Love your results.
Looked at your costs...was this inclusive of the anesthesia and OR? Your eyes look really really great! tks, grace
Hi. It was all inclusive. I had it done at the Dr's office and it was completely painless. Very simple and I'm healing more & more each day!
My doctor has his own surgery center in house. The price included surgery center and anesthesiologist.
My doctor has his own in house surgery center. Surgery center an anesthesiologist were included. Actually, I had a $50 off coupon for completing a survey about my decision and consultation so I really paid $3950.00 total.
Thank you Marilyn, that is a great price. I added your doc to my "list".
You look fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing. I will be 46 this month. This surgery is definitely on the list. He did a wonderful job. It looks very natural and you look wonderful! :).
Having the surgery Thursday of this week! SO excited after seeing your results! Hope mine is as great an experience as yours!
WOW, your photos tell a great story. I just turned 49 as well & have hated the dreaded hooded upper eyes for years. I went to see my PS for Botox again & he mentioned my upper eyelids. I'd never really looked into it & didn't realize how simple the surgery was.....SO glad I did it! My surgery was Wednesday & I'm doing great. Thanks for sharing your pictures....love your comments about having fun again with makeup. I can't wait to do the same!
Congratulations Karen! You are going to look 10 years younger. I can't wait to read your updates and see more photos.
I am a bit scared of the whole process. I know your results are amazing. Still...
I cannot believe how easy it was, seriously! The only thing that hurt was my arm where I got the Valium shot right before, and then the muscle in my arm next day where Dr. gave me anti-nausea shot, I promise! I have had ZERO pain in my eyes; starting to get little itchies on stitches but keeping them moist and it helps. I think you should really consider it----I wish I'd done it last year but no time like the present!
I would be ecstatic with results like yours :) Saved your Dr.'s info, might be worth a trip from Arizona...
Thanks, I was very happy with my doctor. He has many years of experience and really prides himself on his skills for reconstructive surgeries. Just google him and you can't find anything negative about him. He went to Harvard and I read he was the very first African-American Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in CA. Good luck!
You look so great. I am 63 and my bags are packed and ready to go. Sigh. I really want to have lower eyelid surgery. Just scared about a. the cost and b. the results. Guess I should at least go for the consult. Thanks for your brave sharing.
You look fabulous! I am contemplating having this done and was apprehensive. Now that I saw your day to day recovery, I am making a few consult appointments.
Do it! I have followed Mrs Marilyn's profile very closely, being a similar age and 'condition' and must say, she has been my inspiration to get this done. When I was recovering, I kept viewing her update pics and I saw myself with the same bruising and with her outcome knew I was going to be pleased with the result as much as she is!
It's a great change! I encourage you to do it. I am the biggest chicken and it all went fine! If I can do it, anybody can do it. Keep us posted :-))
Aw, thank you. I'm so happy to hear that I was helpful. It keeps getting better everyday. I had my surgery on April 3rd and my under eye area seems like it's still smoothing out. I just implemented a new skin care system and I put the anti-aging serum under my eyes morning and night and it's working great! I just pat it in with my finger and let it soak into the skin. The line I'm using is Paula's Choice.
Just checked your pic. Yes it was worth it. You look fabulous. Are you having fun playing with eye make up again?
Oh yes, everyday is a new look with different colors of eyeshadow. Makes me so happy :-))