Another Newbie to Invisalign

Today my first trays were "installed". I...

today my first trays were "installed". I knew about the attachments and although i agree they are unattractive, it is logical that they are there. so far no major problems, but its only been 12 hours. i plan to post some in process photos. i have severe bottom crowding , some top crowding and a very narrow bite. i found the ortho online and he is an elite provider and says he does tons of invisalign. he also added "bumps" to the trays to help correct my bite and widen my jaw (but i dont understand how). i left the office with 6 trays (of 30) and was told i dont need to see the dr. again for 12 weeks. ill keep you posted.

Just started 2/30 tray. the first tray was...

just started 2/30 tray. the first tray was starting to get looser, so it felt good to have a tight fit again. im feeling this one on the uppers more.

Los Angeles Orthodontist

he was very informative at the initial sales session. i didnt see him today at installation, so i am rating him in the middle and will keep you posted. what i did like is that he didnt insist i remove a bottom tooth which other orthos had suggested. also i am older (57) so i really recommend someone starting younger.

im at the half way point!!!!! its really passing quickly and my mouth has definitely changed. i want to post a current picture to compare to the one i posted pre-invisalign and will do so as soon as i remember how!

I can help with that!

If you ever need any info you can always scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will find a little "Help" button. Click on that and it will give you directions for lots of things, including how to upload pictures to your review. :)

So glad to hear things are going well. Hooray for being at the halfway point!!! Can't wait to see your pics!

I was told the bumps "could" be added to hold the invisalign in place and that they are not very noticeable. Any comment on that? I would have loved to gone with the option with braces on lower and invisalign on the upper but it was an extra grand because the # of invisalign trays. Possibly will have to get braces on the bottom after for 4-6 mths. The cost is not too bad. I start in Jan. due to our insurance change. Excited about, I hate my bottom teeth.
I have some sort of "bumps" that were put over my molars so that my teeth don't hit my brackets (lower braces). Feels weird. I am 48 and just going through the braces/invisalign ordeal. Talk about wishing I had done it years ago! I just couldn't afford it until now.
the bumps as i understand them are like little ramps that stop my bottom teeth from going as deep and eventually affect my bite. im not much sure of more than that and am trusting him that this will work. at 6 weeks into this there is no visible change, but i know the teeth are moving. as you can see by my picture i am really a mess and should have tackled this years ago!!
I'm curious about the "bumps" put there. Did you get any further information on these? I am in traditional bottom braces for 4 to 6 months, then invisalign upper/lower. My bottom teeth were quite a challenge and I could save months by doing the combo.
im only on week 3, but it is indeed easier. they come with a couple of cases and i keep one in my car to put them in just in case. when i take them out routinely, they get a quick rinse and then go into a cup with 50/50 water/hydrogen peroxide mixture. when im ready to put them back in, after ive done my brush/floss thing, i use a toothbrush to clean wash them before putting them back. the ordeal does indeed cut down on spontaneous snacking!!
you dont mention your age, but metal braces were a negative factor for me due to mine. the invisiline are a pain to have to remove and clean at least 2x daily, but it is becoming routine already and easier each time. another deciding factor for me would be if there was a big difference in time commitment between the two...then id opt for the shortest duration. good luck!
Thanks for your input. I'm 43 so "really" don't want upper braces, I was hoping to have them just to fix the crowding on the bottom so I don't look scary as an old lady, ha. Unfortunately need them on the upper to make room for the lowers to move. The time frame is the same and the cost pretty close. I just worry I won't commit to the routine of the invisaline trays. You mentioned it's becoming easier? Do you find yourself taking them out and forgetting to put them back in? Or misplacing them?
I've seen the orthodontist, now I have to decide between invisalign top and bottom or braces. I also, have lower crowding so they have to spread my top teeth too. My only concern is taking them in and out daily for two years. Is it a huge inconvenience, pain to mess with and keep up with? It seems, although unattractive, braces are easier and maintenance free. Suggestions/thoughts?

Phutch, you may want to touch base with some of the people in the Braces Community as well. They will be able to fill you in on the maintenance required for traditional braces (flossing is much more difficult, need to avoid hard & sticky foods, things like apples & raw carrots need to be cut up before eating, etc.) Both forms of treatments have their pros & cons, just a matter of deciding which is most compatible with your lifestyle. :)

Sorry to hear tray 2 is a bit snug, but I suppose its a good thing if you are feeling it, it means progress, right? :)

it has already gotten easier in just the first 10 days. my problem was getting them out - especially the bottom tray. putting them back in after a thorough cleaning was actually easy. ive also lost a couple of lbs because its not worth the effort for a snack. good luck!!!
I am going to be starting invisalign in Jan. The only thing I worry about is that I won't want to put them back in after I take them out. Do you have an issue with this as well? Thanks
hi megan. i did not start with trainer trays. i do feel some minor pressure on the bottom teeth. they are out right now so i could eat breakfast and i am not anxious to go put them back in, but i will.

How great that you started your review the same day you got your first tray! It will be so fun to follow you along as you progress through treatment! I'm really glad you posted a "before" picture so we will be able to see all the changes.

So, how are your teeth feeling? Can you feel pressure from the trays, or did they start you with trainer trays?