Mommy Makeover, Colorado, Dr.Atagi - Lone Tree, CO

I am scheduled to have a mommy makeover October 4,...

I am scheduled to have a mommy makeover October 4, 2013 with Dr. Atagi in Lone Tree, CO. I am having a breast lift, silicone implants, tummy tuck, lipo, and tubal ligation. I have had 3 children. I have also lost 86 pounds. It is my turn now. I am 5'0 114 pounds. I am still unsure what size and profile implants I will get.

Here is what I found out at my consults.I was...

Here is what I found out at my consults.I was looking for a breast lift, silicone implants, tummy tuck, and a little lipo of the flanks (muffin top). *Remember everyone is different in what and how much they need. Your quotes might be different from what I got. You also may prefer a doctor I did not these are just my opinions*

Dr. John Millard (Lone Tree),
He does his surgeries in a surgery center not a hospital. He uses a pain pump and calf squeezers to reduce discomfort. He uses 1 drain in stomach and 1 drain in breast. No charge to do revisions on dog ears. He will not due breast and tummy at the same time. You have to schedule 6 weeks apart. He recommends no post surgery garments. I really liked his result pictures. He offers Hi-Def Lipo Vaser. He offers 3 IPL treatments to reduce scarring after surgery. You would have to have multiple surgeries for a full mommy makeover.

Abdominoplasty with lipo 8,500
Operating room 2,224
Anesthesia 900
Pain pump 350
Surgical Assistant 438
Equipment rental 625
Mastopexy with implants 15,801
He will give a discount if you do have both surgeries.
20% Deposit to set date

Dr. Slenkovich (Littleton)
He does his surgery in a surgery center. He does not use a MD anesthesia. I did not like his bed side manners or his results. He charges for consults. He offers pain pump and pain meds. He uses drains in tummy not breast. He offers revisions within 1 year. Price range 12,000-18,000 Sorry, not a lot of info on him. I just did not feel the need to get very much info from him.

Dr. Capraro (Rose Medical center)
He does his surgeries in a hospital. I felt his tummy tuck results were to harsh. His personality was very dry and book intellect not very warm toward patient. He uses drains in the tummy not breast.
Abdominoplasty 5,000
Anesthesia 2,650
1 night in hospital suite 745
25% deposit to set date

Dr. Vath (Golden, CO)
He does his surgeries in a surgical center. He has lots of great reviews. He will send you a price quote if you send him pictures. For breast he uses a technique called Laser Bra. He uses power assisted lipo. NO pain pump. He offers revisions. He does use a MD anesthesia. His results look great. He does not use ant drains.
Abdominoplasty 5,600
Anesthesia 1,250
Operating room 2,735
500 Deposit to schedule surgery

Dr. Atagi (Lone Tree)
Does her surgeries as Rose or Sky Ridge Hospital. She has a great personality. Her staff is wonderful. She offers meds before surgery and after. No pain pump. You get 2 massages after surgery. She offers revisions. Weekly follow ups first 4 weeks. She uses Vaser lipo. She sets you up and down to look at breast implants. She has an artsy approach to surgery. Her results look good. Drains in the tummy.
Breast Augmentation with silicone 5,400
Hospital suite 745
Anesthesia 1,932
DISCOUNT 600
1,000 deposit to schedule surgery

All the above surgeons are American Board Plastic Surgeons. They all require labs and meds at additional cost. I have chosen Dr. Atagi. She is not the cheapest, not that you want to go cheap when choosing a surgeon. She is not the most expensive either. I really liked her staff and her. I like the fact she does her surgeries at a hospital. If I was having 1 surgery I would be ok with a surgery center. Since I am having so much done it will be around 10 hours of surgery. I feel more comfortable at a hospital. I live an hour away from her office so an over night in the hospital sounded good too. All the doctors I seen require you to come in the day after surgery any way. This will save me the uncomfortable drive.

I hope my reviews can help you. If you need more information let me know. Or if you just want to talk. My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 4.

1st installment, and set back

I sent in my first installment toward my surgery this past weekend. It felt really good to know I am one step closer to my surgery. Well the happiness was short lived. I took on a part time night job to help with the cost a little. Last night at work I fell off a ladder. I bruised my ribs, bruised my right knee and broke some blood vessels. I also severely bruised my left ankle bone, tore ligaments and muscle and sprained it. I am on crutches for two weeks. I feel like this is a set back. I have been trying to get in the best physical shape possible before surgery because I feel like it will improve the results and help with healing. I swear if one more person says, " looks like you have your hands full" as I hobble on crutches with my 3 kids following behind I might hurt them. If you think my hands are full don't make a stupid comment instead offer to help. I guess on the positive note my arms will be stronger. LOL

122 days and counting

Husband says no

I am 72 days from surgery. My husband has now decided he does not want me to have the surgery. He said it was the cost and he doesn't want it to change me. After further talking, he finally said he is worried something will happen to me. I hemorrhaged after the birth of our 3rd child. I coded 4 times and required 4 units of blood. I understand his concern. I have put all the rice sizers away. I am hoping by not talking about it for a while things will calm down. Our friend who had surgery 6 years ago offered to talk with him about his concerns. He has not talked to her yet, but I could tell just having the option made him feel better. I understand his concerns, but it was such a blow to hear him say he did not want me to have the surgery.

Searching for a

I started the search for a nanny / personal assistant / chef / house keeper person. I am planning on hiring someone for the first 2 weeks to help during the week when the kids are home from school.

58 days and counting

Patient Appreciation Day

Dr. Atagi had patient appreciation day today. I took a friend with me to meet Dr. Atagi and her staff. My friend really liked Dr. Atagi and her staff. That made meal feel even better about my choice in doctors.

As my surgery date gets closer I go from excited to nervous a lot more often.
I have also started a new list of questions for the doctor that I did not think of before.

I am at day 44 and counting.

Pre Register

I called the hospital to pre-register today. I feel like the count down has began. I hired a care taker for my children and I for 2 weeks following the surgery. My husband will not be able to help much due to his work.

I am 25 days and counting.

Pre-op visit

I my pre-op appointment today. I had a 2 hour visit at my doctors office. I talked with the patient coordinator made my last payment, RN, physician assistant; who did vitals and measurements, I met with another person who did pictures. I then had lab work done. Wow this is getting real!!

8 days and counting

Can we just do this already

I am 2 days away from my surgery. My head is playing really mean games with me. I just want to get this over with.

Flat side

I had my surgery on Friday the 4th. I have been feeling great for everything that was done. I ended up not getting a lift. Dr. Atagi decided once she had the 350cc and 375cc implant in by breast filled out nicely. She did not feel it was worth the extra scarring. They look great to me. The lipo has been the biggest surprise to me. I have felt burning at every spot when I move. It is finally calming down. I can't say that I have had pain but just very stiff and tight. I did have to go in yesterday to have my dressings changed. I was bleeding through them. Go figure a red head with fair skin would bleed.

9 days post surgery

It has been 9 days since my surgery. I am going stir crazy. I know I am not ready to go out in the world yet but I am going crazy inside.
Friday I went in for my 1 week check up. Everything is healing nicely. I did not get my drains out. I passed out twice after they took my compression garment off. I was hooked up to an IV. It was determined my cells were dehydrated. I have been drinking lots but my insides just did not have enough. So every time my compression garment came off it was a huge wave flushing through my body and my blood pressure dropped. I am doing better, but I have not tried to take my compression garment back off.

Pictures after shower

Here are some pictures after my shower. My back was hurting so I am hunched over my boobs really don't point down. I just couldn't stand upright.

Breast

Breast not pointing down

Breast

Breast not pointing down

Drains removed

I had my drains removed at my 2 week appointment. OMG no one ever talks about that part. I did not know rather to vomit or scream. I am doing great since then. I started using silicone sheeting for scar treatment.

Week 3

I started doing more this week as my help left. I am swelling everyday now.

4 weeks

I am at 4 weeks post op now. I got to take my compression garment off. I am swelling more now, but not to bad. My doctor did not do the lift like originally planned. She did not think it was worth the extra scar. I feel like my breast are droopy. What do you all think?

Week 6

I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Today was my first day to exercise. Wow I am very surprised at what I can and can not do.

3 months

I had my 3 month post op yesterday. My collar bone to nipple measurements where exactly the same as before the surgery. I really wish the doctor would have done the lift like we had planned. I love my tummy tuck though. I have to wait a full year before Dr. Atagi will do the lift. I am very flustered about it. I mean I like my new body, but I am just flustered its not 100% like I wanted. Plus, it means another surgery and recovery time. Thank goodness for Kerri at Dr. Atagi's office she always makes me feel better.
I am attaching a picture of me trying on swimsuits. See how my breast are huge but they are droopy. I only wanted to be a C instead I am a DD-DDD. I wanted to be smaller than I was before the surgery a D instead I am bigger.
I am trying to decide now what to do in 9 months. Lift only, lift + smaller implants, Lift take out implants. My current implants are Right 375 Left 350.

4 months post po

We went on vacation just my husband and I. It was so wonderful wearing a two piece swim suit and feeling no shame in my body.
I will be having a breast revision in October. I will be going with smaller implants not sure what size yet and a lift.

4 months post op

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Atagi and her staff are wonderful. They make you feel very comfortable. I am looking forward to my surgery with her.