Vaser Lipo on Inner, Outer Thighs, Knees and Saddle Bags - London, United Kingdom

I had vaser lipo on my inner, outer thighs, knees...

I had vaser lipo on my inner, outer thighs, knees and saddle bags 6 weeks ago at the wimpole aesthetics clinic in London by dr josh. 6 weeks down the line there is a change in my shape, but was it worth the discomfort and money... I'm still unsure.

The procedure wasn't as pain free as I was told, however you do soon forget this part. It was bareable but at times very painful. When pain got too much i would just say and more anesthetic was placed in the area. I was able to be up and walk about straight away. The staff were amazing, very kind and caring through out the entire procedure. Couldn't have got through it without them.

I had 3 and a half litres of fat removed which took 3-4 hours with all hands on deck...it went fairly quickly. Once procedure was complete, I was able to shower, all insitions were cleaned and dressed, followed by squeezing into my garment. I have to say this was the part I was dreading...it wasn't so bad. I was sent home the same day with antibiotics, painkillers, dressing and had follow up appointments on day 1,3&5. When I went in to be checked, I was abe to shower and dr josh would check everything over, change any dressings and make sure things were on track.

Straight after procedure I was very swollen, bruised and felt very tender. Parts of my legs felt very hard, but this is expected to happen. Anything from bending, walking up/ down stairs, going to toilet, putting garment on/off for showering, getting in and out of bed was saw. I was told I should expect this due to the amount of work I had done. As there was a lot of swelling and fluid to come out, for about 5 days I had a yellowish/bloody liquid which oozed out of the insitions, sounds worse...best to stay indoors in your own home for these few days. I had a few lymph drainage massages to help stop this, not sure how much it helped.

Depending on how active your job is a good week to two is best to be off work. I went back after 5 days but I would say That was to soon as i was in pain up until the 2nd week.

The reason I wanted this surgery was because I was very bottom heavy and found the weight here very stubborn to get rid of. I found clothes hard to find as I was so out of proportion. On week 6 I haven't got skinny legs, my knees and inner thigh are still a bit bolgy, but the shape on my outer thigh is much better. I never told anyone apart from my imidiate family about this as I wanted to see people's reactions. Not really anyone has noticed a difference, this is a little disappointing. I am wearing jeans and leggings and not feeling like I have to cover up the tops of my legs as much, but I do think deep down I would have liked to have seen a more drastic result.

The reason why I choose dr josh was because I fully trusted him and he related to me and explained everything in a way I could understand. It's really important to him to get the best result, from what I understand sometimes less is more. Taking too much fat away can result in bumpy uneven areas. This is something I don't have and am relieved about.

I feel like I was at my smallest straight after I took the garment off, which was at week 4. 2 weeks later I feel my legs aren't as small but maybe it's just cause I'm getting used to them. Annoyingly I don't have any before and after meausrents but I do have pictures pre op and at 4 weeks. I'd be happy to answer any questions and I'd highly recommend dr josh. Carole and jackie who work along side him were fab throughout the entire time. I am going on holiday in a weeks time and will go back to see them when I return, so I may have more pictures then to share. Oh and the scars that are left are tiny. Hope this is of some help....thanks for reading. Lauren

Dr. Josh

I do have pictures but not sure how to upload...