Wrist Tattoo Removal - London, GB

I'm currently starting to remove a medium-sized...

I'm currently starting to remove a medium-sized teenage mistake on my wrist!

I've purchased 5 sessions of laser removal at Pulse Light Clinic (City Tattoo Removal) in London. (Although I was told I would need 8 - 10 sessions)
The laser used to remove the black areas of my tattoo is Q-Switched NDYAG-1064 and Ruby-694 I believe to remove the purple/pink area. The clinic also uses optibeam and a homogenizer for equal energy distribution to reduce side effects.

20th August 2013
I've gone in for a patch test and was surprised to find it really wasn't as painful as I expected it to be! It definitely hurts but isn't anything unbearable. (I would say stubbing your toe hurts considerably more!) The patch test was using two different lasers, one for the black ink on the lettering where my name is and another for the purple area of my tattoo.

There was significant fading/whitening of the tattoo straight after the patch test. The colour returned after around 10 minutes to the black area of my tattoo but still hasn't completely returned to the purple area, which is supposedly the more difficult colour to remove! (The fading from the patch test is still evident as I'm writing this a week later?)

I am returning to Pulse Light Clinic tomorrow on the 28th of August for my first actual session. Will update afterwards!

First Session

I had my first session of laser removal on the 28th, it was slightly more painful than the patch test I'm guessing because they turned the laser up a notch but again nothing unbearable! The clinic recommends using a numbing cream on the area beforehand which I may recommend doing if you have a low pain threshold or sensitive skin :)

I didn't manage to get a picture straight after the treatment unfortunately as I got stuck into conversation with the nurse and then had a bandage put over the area but the initial effect was exactly like the patch test only all over the tattoo this time. (whitening/'frost')

I was recommended to keep the bandage on for 48 hours (which I did) and took it off this evening to be pleasantly surprised!!
I was expecting blisters, scabs or at least some redness after the reviews I've read online but didn't seem to have any of them.
There is a fair bit of fading of the tattoo, especially in the purple areas where the Ruby laser was used (which is odd as I was told it would be the hardest colour to remove!) and I was told there would be more fading over the next 6 weeks as the broken up ink is carried away by the bloodstream.

Overall really pleased with the outcome from my first session, will update in 6/7 weeks (around beginning of October) with pictures before and after my second session :)

Session 2

Over with session 2!
Pretty much the same as session 1, no scabbing or blistering.
Most of the fading is in the purple area of the tattoo.

Session 3,4 and 5

Hey guys, sorry I've been a bit lacking in updates I've been very busy over last couple of months but I'm now up to laser session 5 and I've still kept up with the pictures!

So far, they've been increasing the laser to a higher setting each visit, the 5th definitely being the strongest (as you can tell by my skin's reaction!).
I haven't experienced any blistering so far, just redness and slight swelling of the area.

I'm travelling over the summer so won't be having anymore sessions until around September, but will update when I do!!

Hope this has been helpful.

Session 6

Hey guys, so it's been around 6 months since my last session - I've been on holiday over the summer so I had to wait for my tan to fade before going back for my 6th session.

They've turned the laser up yet again and the clinic has transferred to the 'picosure' laser.
I've had slightly more of a skin reaction but nothing terrible. Some light scabbing over the areas burnt by the laser, with a little bio oil it's almost completely healed a week later.

Next session booked in 12 weeks time, so will update you guys in January!!
Thanks for reading, hope this is helpful!
Pulse Light Clinic

Purchased 5 sessions for £240.