25% TCA Peel - Age 27, Black Female - London, UK

I tried a really low percent TCA acid peel and it...

I tried a really low percent TCA acid peel and it did nothing to my face, a few days later i done a 25% acid peel. It began to frost instantly and the burning was horrific. I left to acid on my face for 2 mins but i couldnt handle the pain so i ran up and down my house screaming. I splashed cold water over my face. I then was able to neturalise the acid. My face stayed white for a few mins then it went really dark and discoloured.

Ive just completed day 1 and my skin feels really dry and tight no matter how much mosterizer i use. I am so scared because ive never been through this type of thing before.

how are you doing? Hope things have transitioned well?..Please keep us posted?...thanks
Praying for you? How dud everything turn out?
I am black too. 25% is way too high, I know this because I used it on another area which frosted almost immediately, I left it on for a bit and when I washed it off it went really dark. It turned into thick scabs and my skin was really dark afterwards, damaged. I then used lower concentrations of TCA to reverse it, which worked. I use 25% on my face which I dilute heavily probably to 10%, I layer this. As soon as I see frosting I wash it off. After about 5 days of peeling the skin looks amazing. I know you have probably sorted the problem by now, but for anyone else looking into doing it, start with a low percentage first and wash off as soon as you see frosting. The areas that frost usually will peel which is brilliant, but over frosting may go to deep so wash off as soon as you see it. I am really impressed with the results
Hey I had the same problem with the 25% tca. I ended up with some light spots ( hypopigmentation) would redoing it with 15% fix the problem
What happened after you retried the peel
WHOOOOA, HONEY! You went TOO HIGH, TOO FAST! I hope your skin is okay. Because using a low percentage at first and then shooting up to 25% just seems to be asking for trouble.. :\ I wouldn't be surprised if you get post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. TCA CAN be used on darker skin tones. We just have to prepare for the peel better and be more cautious to make the peel successful.
Hi,

I am sure that by now, you would have found out that the dryness and tightness is a normal step of the peel.

I have been doing some extensive research on at home peels and started with lower strengths of salicylic and glycolic peels and had no problems with them, although I find them to be too low and after 5 treatments, no greatly visible change except for tightened pores and no actual peeling.

I would like to try the TCA 15 or 25% next and still doing some research so would like to get your feedback on it as well as details or where you purchased yours.
I think I read that people with darker skin tones should not use this product...because it's purpose is to lighten the skin (age spots, acne spots, etc), but could end up causing uneven skin tone in those who are naturally darker.
Hey, that 25 percent is way to high...omg you should have done a 18%... I scared for you, because your skin tone will be messed up, and now your going to have to maybe find something to fix the problem you might get...But to avoid this, i really think you should put on loads of neosporin pls! thats the only way u wont get f'd up after this peel goes away.

Ouch! That looks really painful. :( How are you doing now?