Matti, Swelling comparison 1 week to 1 month - London, UK

I've decided on a rhinoplasty procedure as I feel...

I've decided on a rhinoplasty procedure as I feel that my nose is just slightly too big for my face, and I would love the tip to be a bit more defined. At the moment the problems are that the tip is too bulbous, and also that the columella hangs much too low, particularly when I smile. I don't particularly think it's a bad nose, just that it'll be much better with a few improvements, and I've found these reviews really helpful in deciding my surgeon so I wanted to add mine :)

First Consultation with Matti

I had my consultation with Matti last week Tuesday, and it was pretty much how I expected it to be after reading his other reviews on here. It was quite brief, I'd say only 15 minutes, and probably a little shorter than others because I didn't come prepared with any questions. Anyway I really got the impression that he knew what he was doing, he took one look at my face and knew exactly what I wanted before I even got the chance to tell him!

The description of Matti I'd read on another review as quite uncle like couldn't be more accurate and I found him very reassuring too. He suggested I have an alar base reduction and tip refinement, as well as lifting it up a bit to correct the droopiness of the tip when I smile.

I had originally planned to see Dr. Gonschior but researching a little more I'm not sure it's worth it, I feel as though I'd be tempted by his much lower price and end up terrified and cancelling last minute. So I spoke to Matti's assistant after the consultation, and requested to be put on the cancellation list for surgery and by 5pm that day she called and said there was a cancellation for the 4th June! It means paying much more for the more expensive hospital but otherwise the earliest she could put me down for was late October :/

Really happy with the morphs Matti created, although I think it's a little too pointed but I'm sure we'll sort things out more in the second consultation :)

Starting to feel a bit more real!

Just booked in for my second consultation and pre-op visit, need to ask Matti what he plans to do about the slight tilt to my nose, he didn't mention it in the first consultation. It's starting to stress me out a bit planning all these visits, plus I should really be focusing on my exams but it's so much more exciting to think about this :)

I also need to book a hotel for a week as I'm not planning on telling my housemates or family about the surgery, so I'll be spending the time after surgery completely alone, probably not the best idea! The few friends I've told so far have been so unsupportive that I don't really want to let anyone else know, but man I am not looking forward to that lonely, worried week in the hotel room :/

Post-Op

So I had the surgery yesterday. Everything went swimmingly!

The surgery itself was a delayed by a few hours after a problem with the anaesthesiologist, which worked out great for me as I reeeeally needed a nap after having travelled all the way up from Birmingham. Cromwell hospital itself is absolutely lovely, the staff I met were all so friendly and good to me :)

Whilst I'm on the operating table Matti asks me again whether I want a slight tilt or a straight nose which I found a little worrying since I'd requested a slight tilt so many times previously, but he was very kind, stroking my hair and telling me not to worry and that he expected great results.

Apparently the surgery only took 2 hours, I'd been watching come dine with me beforehand and when I got back to my room I just caught the ending :) No pain at all, just a slight grogginess and the feeling of a blocked nose. It's day two now and I still don't have any bruising at all, maybe that'll come tomorrow?

From what I can see so far I love the results, the base is so much smaller and the tilt is exactly what I wanted, fingers crossed it'll stay like that :) The only slight negative is that Matti really doesn't spend much time with you, I must have seen him for less 10 minutes overall, the first time on the operating table and the second just before I went home where he just kept saying it was a beautiful result and was gone within 2 minutes. Not at all a problem for me as so long as it is actually a good result but I could see some people hating this about him.

Anyway I get my cast off on Tuesday so I'll update again then :)

y

Still not bruised at all! Will this come tomorrow?

Cast Off

I've just had my cast off and I absolutely love the results!! Matti has done wonderful work :) Initially when I saw it I was worried as I thought it was very small and might go down even further when the swelling subsides, but by the time I got home it had ballooned up so much that I now realise that two minutes after cast off is how it'll look at the end result - i.e. perfect!

So these pictures were taken a few hours after cast off, by which point it had got so much bigger everywhere. There's also a very slight hump on the profile view which he's assured me is swelling. So overall I'm extremely happy with the results, once the swelling subsides it's pretty much my idea of perfect and it changes how I look very much for the better :) it's amazing how much more feminine my profile view looks after raising the tip so slightly. So so happy with everything.

3 Weeks post

Just a quick update to show what I hope very much is swelling! It's huge!

4 weeks post-op

28 days later on the dot and I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the swelling, it's slightly embarrassing when some of your friends know you've spent so much on a nose job yet can't even tell the difference! Also kinda annoyed with Matti as I asked so many times for a slight tilt to the nose, a request which he assured me he would honour, (though needing reminding when I was lying on the operating table!) and at this stage I think it's fair to say that that isn't going to happen - it's completely straight. On a more positive note the little bump I was worried about does seem to have been swelling.

Swelling comparison

So since I last posted complaining about the swelling just two days ago my nose seems to have made a little breakthrough with regards to swelling :) It's finally started to go down in the tip and I've been comparing it to pre-op pictures like wow I can't believe my nose used to look so bad!

So I'm pretty elated with the results so far :) I've attached some pictures showing the progress, it's crazy to wonder how much more it'll go down as the tip still feels quite stiff. I'm not sure I really want it to go down much more!

Oops

Forgot to add the comparison pic with the 1 week swelling

Reuploaded for nowse88 :)

Before, 1 week after (swelling!), 3 months after?
London Plastic Surgeon

I'm glad I went with him even if he is so much more expensive it was worth it for the peace of mind - I really felt as though I was with the best I could get :) However, didn't listen at all to my request to have a slight tilt from the profile view, lied when saying this would come once the swelling had gone down, I'm 5 months post-op and it just isn't happening. Don't expect to see him much, I must have had less than 30 minutes with him throughout the whole process! Didn't see him on the day of the op until I was on the operating table, at which point he asks what I wanted done with my nose? Even though I'd repeatedly asked for a slight tilt so it's clear he hadn't even bothered to read his notes before going into the operating room...