Nora Batty's Stockings - London, UK

That is what my neck looked like. How ever good I...

That is what my neck looked like. How ever good I felt, what ever I was wearing I HATED MY NECK!

I had already been to a ‘top’ Harley Street surgeon to have a neck and facelift years ago. I think I was impressed with his bow tie in the consultation (and had read that I should only to use a BAAPS registered surgeon). It had taken a lot of time for me to pluck up courage (years in fact) to go ahead and book this procedure and although the surgeon looked the part, I was very disappointed with the result. My 3 daughters felt I was not as pretty as before because the shape of my eyes was round, rather than almond. The morning after my surgery the nurse discovered I had suffered a hematoma and I had to go back under to repair this. After that, I was on my own as my surgeon disappeared on a golfing trip. The hematoma left me with dreadful scarring and puckering on my neck. I quickly realised all the letters after his name, the designer suit and bow tie were worse than meaningless, and had only led me into a false sense of security. After 20 years I was very, very nervous of letting anybody operate on me again, but I STILL hated my neck, which was worse than before. After encouragement from a friend I made an appointment to see Dominic Bray feeling very, very uncertain and skeptical. Within 5 minutes my opinion had changed. All I can say about his practice is that it is very ‘human’. No matter who you are you are treated to a warm welcome and suddenly feel very at ease. Very quickly Dominic earned my trust. You just know he is the real deal. He really engaged with me during the consultation and listened carefully to my concerns. He explained in terms that I could understand what he do to improve my horrible neck and that he would do what he could to try and restore my eyes to their previous almond shape. I knew that he approached facial surgery in an entirely different way, and after seeing lots of honest before and after pictures I bit the bullet.

My other concern was having a general anaesthetic at my age. The last time I really felt so poorly for ages afterwards and I did not want to put myself through that again. I felt much more comfortable having surgery with sedation.

I have to be honest. I did not expect a miracle, I was just hoping for some improvement. Within a few days I knew I had the former. My face felt very tight which worried me a bit but Lucy reassured me that this is quite normal, and within a couple of weeks this feeling passed. I just can’t believe my face, it still hasn’t sunk in that I have a neck I am happy for the world to see and the improvement in my face and eyes is just astonishing.

Thank you team Bray. You are the best-kept secret on Harley Street! Dominic has a gift, no doubt, and if you are fortunate enough to find him then I can promise you that you just got very, very lucky indeed.
London Facial Plastic Surgeon