Desperately Want a Breast Reduction - London, GB

Hi ladies, I am a 25 year old woman with very...

Hi ladies, I am a 25 year old woman with very large breast, as many of you are. Not only are they big but they don't fit with my frame at all, they are heavy and uncomfortable. I started growing breast since I was 10 years old , by the time I reached 14 I was a UK F cup. I'am now 30-32H. my breast makes me so sad and depressing and i hate summer so much due to my breast. I always wear baggy tops, t-shirts and Jumpers. I've wanted a breast reduction since I was 16, Ive now started to save towards as I don't want to go thought the NHS,as my doctor already advised me not to get my hopes up and i have to go through a psychological analysis to se wether my breast really affects me or not which i think is horrible, and due to the funding being cut in the UK there are no guarantees I will receive the funding. to cut the long story short I went for a consultation with the Harley medical group and the said it will cost me £5995 to get it done, which I'am willing to save up and pay for myself. i have set myself a target to be able to have the money by this time next year.

If there are any UK people here that lives in London that can recommend any other clinics that do great breast reduction I am open to hear.

Hi, what's the latest? I know you don't want to go nhs but they gave me funding. Save yourself the money.
Hi all I had my reduction surgery June 2013 - left boob 34g, right boob 34h, surgeon removed 1.2kg, i now have equal very perky 34dd's, they are amazing and I can't wait for summer 2014. I can wear a vest out in public!!! Bra buying still stumps me, I can pick up any 34dd and it fits. I am still not wearing underwired bra's as support is not required. Recovery was more of a struggle than expected but well worth it. I call them the girls and for the first time I can remember I adore my boobs. Fantastic surgeon with BMI.
Nope, they don't... I checked with my doctor. Seeing I'm quite an old lady, I'm wondering how SAFE it is, to have this job done at this late stage of my life... Seems since I started taking HRT the boobs have BOOMED!! Alternative of NOT taking HRT is not an option - they'll be like empty socks, and I can't face that!
hiya, hope you are well. i have decided to go private. my gp did apply for funding but it got declined as they needed more evidence in terms of my bmi for at least 2 years. and i got remeasured and i am now a 30 J which is really upsetting and it makes me cry. and to think that summer is now approaching and I'm going to spend it with very large breast and baggy tops. the whole nhs procedure is just very long and I have had enough. but congratulations on you're surgery date i hope it all goes well.
I've an assessment appointment with the surgeon you recommended on Friday 11 April... hoping all goes well! Very nervous...
Photos? Before/After
HI i had breast reduction March 26 13 in newcastle , really pleased with results feel so much better and love fitting into size 12 tops and 36c/d swelling still slightly , wounds healing without any problem .. Mr Milner is fanastic surgeon highly recommend .You will not regret your decision
Reading that you're from the UK reminded me of a BBC episode that I saw called my big breasts and me. What could UK women expect for breast reduction before the funding cut? I'm sorry to hear about the situation that you're in. My breasts are not as big as yours (they're F's). I know it's hard to prove that you have back pain due to your breasts. Just be persistent and keep asking for help.
Good luck to you. I can relate with not liking the summer time. It's hard to stuff big boobs into summer clothes. I'm having my BR next week! Also my PS told me that anytime there is a reduction a lift is part of that --otherwise the breasts would be really saggy afterwards--if you just removed breast tissue but did not lift and reshape breast to new smaller size.
You will be ecstatic after a breast reduction. Shop around to other reputable doctors and see if you can get a cheaper price, In the US I charge a total of $6600, but someone like you would be covered by insurance. Good luck.
You will be so happy after your surgery! I's a shame you can't get approved with insurance the way it is here in the US. The UK should be more breast reduction friendly. :(
I really cant wait, I can no longer deal with the pain. yhh its a big shame as breast reduction is regarded as a cosmetic surgery.
Instead of saving up why not go with a BMI hospital, they offer a 6 month interest fee loan/card, obviously you would be credit checked. At the Hampshire Clinic in Basingstoke you can get a boob reduction for £4000 - not by a plastic surgeon but by a Surgeon who used to perform all NHS reductions in the area - you can't get a reduction on the NHS anymore. He won't operate on smokers so if you are a smoker give up now and book an appoint for 4 wks time.
Hi, thanks for the information I contacted BMI and the procedure is £4900 in London, not as much as harley medical group. i am not a smoker so it shouldn't be a problem. I may not be able to qualify for the 6 months interest free loan as I'm currently a student. I was also told that I have to pay extra if I wanted to include a lift is this true? I'm sure a breast reduction includes a lift anyway right?
That sounds odd. The lift is included everywhere else. What they do is they mark where they will cut, and measure where the nipple goes before going into surgery. I don't know if it would even be possible to do a reduction without a lift. In that case it seems they would do it just for spite, which is really bizarre.
A lift is part of a reduction, and there should not be an extra charge.
Hi ~ I've just started researching having a boob reduction & would like to know whom I should contact about it at Hampshire Clinic in Basingstoke. I'm a size 34JJ and most uncomfortable, as well as difficult to get a bra that fits! I look forward to your reply... Thanks! Petrova
Mr Kevin Harris at BMI Hampshire Clinic Basingstoke. 01256377728. £3995. all in - 1 night stay. He is not a cosmetic surgeon but is a breast surgeon specialist. I am delighted with the results. I even asked him to use the before and after photos for future patients to see.
What's a BMI hospital? Not familiar with these terms... Should I perhaps just phone Hampshire Clinic & ask about procedure, doctor who does it & costs etc?
Oh wow! That's not very far from where I live... If you see my comment further up the page, I mention I'm a bit old to be thinking of having this done, but I don't think any woman wants to have such problems if something can be done about it - but I'm nervous about the safety of having it done at such a late time in my life. Do they actually do the job for women in mid 60s, do you think??
I wouldn't have thought age would be a problem unless there are other health issues. Mr Harris is a breast surgeon so he operates on a lot of older women. I had numerous blood tests beforehand and BP checks to check ok for surgery. Call The Hampshire clinic, it can't hurt to check out your options.
Hi ~ thanks for the response & support. I must just "grasp the nettle" and make the phone call... I'll let you know when that happens!