Aquamid Horror Story - London, United Kingdom

I had aquamid injected in my naso labial folds...

I had aquamid injected in my naso labial folds four years ago, just 1ml.
Everything was fine for four years, the product looked natural although it would sometimes harden.

I have no immune problems, I'm fit and healthy, but six months ago the aquamid started to become inflamed on the right side. The inflammation reached right down to my lip, because my skin had filled with pus. I needed emergency hospital treatment where they tried to withdraw the product, pus absolutely streamed out of my face that day and quickly refilled. After eight weeks of needing the pus and product drawn every second day, I believe most of it has gone from the right side.

But now the left side is swollen and this is much, much worse.
I look grotesque, unrecognisable.
I have lost my job, because I am too disfigured to leave my flat.
My father brings me food every couple of days, I have lost my boyfriend who just could not stand to look at me anymore.
I am in constant agony.
I remember the doctor insisting he was paid in cash and trying to get me to have much more of the product injected. This was an above board clinic, although I've recently noticed on their website they are now injecting women with Amazing Gel, the product banned for disfiguring women all over China.
I pretty much lost my whole life because of this doctor.
I need to be on antibiotics constantly but they don't stop this filthy product. I am completely disfigured, my lip rarely stops swelling.
PLEASE please, anyone reading, do not use Aquamid.
I used to smile when I read bad reports and think people must have had a fake product injected, after all, mine had been fine for four years. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you, please don't use Aquamid.

I am not a muslim lady, but the only way I could leave my flat now would be in a full face veil. Everything is gone.

AQUAMID IS DANGEROUS - DON'T TOUCH IT. I had an aquamid rhynoplasty to fill a collapsed rhynoplasty operation to a doctor who is supposedly THE expert in Aquamid. He told me that Aquamid was completely safe. I now have two tumors on the bridge of my nose caused BY the Aquamid. A new surgeon I saw said it will get worse and there is nothing they can do about it. It looks hideous and I am in more and more pain. It feels like some big eagle is clasping the bridge of my nose and squeezing harder and harder. This particular surgeon in Sydney damaged my face SO much from nerve damage from other procedures, cutting and burning my eyes. He made me pay for correcting his botched procedures and when I pointed out all the damage and said I wanted a refund he said no. Any complaint to a health protection agency is a waste of time because they are only there to protect the medical people. I paid thousands and thousands of dollars to have my face damaged. DON'T TOUCH ANY PERMANENT FILLER ESPECIALLY AQUAMID.
Have you been to see a reconstructive plastic surgeon? That is your best bet.
this product isn't (yet) available in the usa. but it's in clinical trials for acceptance. thank you for sharing your (unfortunate) experience. i've read more than a few accounts of permenant dermal fillers in place for years and years before problems emerge.
Dr Mollo

Dreadful clinic, people were kept waiting for hours. When I went back to complain about the product the waiting room was full of other patients complaining. I found the clinic on the internet and they were close to my home.