Dr Alan Kingdon. Stepping into this "doctor's"...

Dr Alan Kingdon. Stepping into this "doctor's" office is a move I regret every second of every minute of every day. Literally. My life has completely been turned upside down and my looks will never be restored. My social life, confidence and basic love of life have been replaced by alternating feelings of rage, guilt and regret. I NEVER leave my house unless I have to anymore.

I once enjoyed an extremely fulfilling social life. I was actually almost overconfident regarding my appearance. But after a death in my family and subsequent depression I suddenly gained weight very rapidly. Betraying my lifestyle of health and fitness I sought results through cosmetic surgery. My very sharp and pronounced chin looked great at my normal body weight. But during this period of weight gain it did look a bit too sharp and unsightly. The doctor said he could take out the fat around the neck.. The "double chin" area. And also make the chin "appear" less upturned.

How many nights I've laid awake wishing I could be Sitting in that "doctor"'s chair.. again.. In my fantasies I would just run out there and then. Before he all but sucked out my chin and cheeks completely. "Nothing drastic" I kept reminding him. As a surgeon, it should be obvious that "less is more" and only fractions of a millimetre are all that are needed to alter the natural flowing angles and contours of one's face.

Dr. Alan Kingdon, like a toddler with sharp objects does not have this realisation. He eagerly went to work and took out the chin from every Which angle. It is now all but sucked out completely. And terrible gouges/scars under the chin as well as extreme saggy-ness where the fat was removed that cannot possibly be the result of 2 years of ageing.

After a total of 1 email expressing my dissatisfaction, and being allowed zero conversations with the doctor himself despite my many attempts (though thoroughly humiliated and yelled at by his clinical director Wendy) his office has blocked my emails and does not accept my phone calls. He did inform me in his Very brief and conclusive letter that the changes I've noticed hv nothing to do with the procedure and are the natural effects of ageing. (2-3yrs in the pix) Pls see for yourselves and let me know.

Due to lack of response or interest on the part of the doctor or his clinic, I have no choice but to inform everyone this way. Below photos are alternating before, after, before, after...

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I also had surgery with Dr Alan Kingdon and would NEVER recommend him to anyone. I had the same procedure back in 2001 and wish I had told people about him before so you may have been saved the agony of what you had to go through. Don't give up, there is always professional help out there and a way to get the look that you want. I have posted my experience with Dr Alan Kingdon on this website but it hasn't been published yet. When did you get this procedure done?
Hi matt. Yes he's ruined my life. I had "the procedure" in 2009. The most enraging part is his utter dismissal of me. That's why, at the risk of my own embarrassment and exposure, I'm willing to post my pix and somehow "go public" on him. If there's a way we can work together (perhaps get more people with similar experiences) to expose this sham doctor, I'm very much willing. Were you able to find a solution in your case? Anyone to clean up the mess he made? I'd appreciate any advice. I hope you are able to see the mess he made of me in the pix I posted?? In his single brief email to me, which took him 3yrs to send, he claimed the changes are natural. (Then, more or less, told me he's very busy and to leave him alone).

Dr Kingdon has contacted me to tell me he will get...

Dr Kingdon has contacted me to tell me he will get in touch with me soon. I'm grateful for the incentive he's taken to resolve my issue. Lets hope I can have more positive reports in the weeks to follow.
Dr Alan Kingdon

Rating is zero. If there is a lower rating. Pls inform me. I chose this doctor without doing the proper research. This was a huge mistake on my part. If this review can save anyone else then at least I have that.