A New Nose.....Yes Please! - London, GB

I've got a big nose, there's no dressing it up or...

I've got a big nose, there's no dressing it up or putting it gently, I have a big nose and I've hated it ever since it came to prominence when I was a teenager. I have inherited the unfortunate hooter that my fathers side of the family all poses!

I have just had a breast reduction and it has given me so much confidence and I though why not get the nose done too.

I have 2 free consultations tomorrow both with Plastic Surgery Nurses at reputable Harley Street clinics. I want to meet with a few different people to get the best surgeon, service and cost. Although I would never go with a cheap plastic surgeon to save a penny. I'm going with one who is reputable and has many provable cases of success.

How exciting!!!!

Surgery Booked!

Following two consultations with a surgeon I have now paid for my surgery in full and have my date confirmed. 13th August! I'm soooo excited! This is something I have wanted for a very long time. I can't believe it's happening!

I have to say that I'm experiencing some worry about it but I guess that's to be expected. I've recently had a breast reduction and I wasn't in the least bit worried prior to having that but the nose is different. It's right in the middle of your face and there's no getting away from it if it ends up going wrong. Anyway, I have to keep these negative thoughts to one side as they are not helpful and I'm not going to know how is goes until I have the surgery.

It's been great having all these stories to follow. I love this website. Very helpful.

Pics

Pre-Op Assessment done! ***11 Days to go!!!***

Today I had my pre-op assessment where I met with a nurse who took blood samples and swabs from inside my nose and under my arm for the MRSA screening. I had another op 6 weeks ago so I knew the drill. Height, weight etc. Then she took the before photos of my nose which I'm going to ask for and can post on here. She talked to me about the surgery and answered a few questions I had. There weren't many as I have been doing so much research and asking so many questions in my consultations. We then booked my post-op appointment and it all became very real! It was very exciting! In less than 2 weeks it's going to happen! Finally!!!!
I think I'm all set!

Inspirational Nose

2 more sleeps!

I'm having my surgery on Tuesday and I'm very excited.

I went back to my PC on Thursday to get a revised picture of the nose we have agreed on. Nothing more to add apart from I'm looking forward to it.

1 Day Post Op

I've finally had it done! I'm one day post op and I'm feeling good. I have to say I thought it would be a lot more painful than this. It looks far worse than it feels. Perhaps because I had a closed Rhinplasty, maybe that's less painful than an open Rhino.
I got to the private hospital in North London yesterday and was admitted as a day case, as I live 10 mins from the hospital this was allowed however had I lived further away I would have had an overnight stay. They put me in a lovely room with en-suite and TV where I waited to be seen by a nurse who would take a urine sample (routine pregnancy test) and provide me with a robe and slippers. I then met with my anesthetist and surgeon who would explain what was going to happen and answer any last minute questions. Then....it was time!
I went down to theatre and was put under and then next thing I knew I was back in my room and being asked to move onto my bed from the stretcher. the op only took 45 mins. I closed my eyes for another half an hour or so and then gradually woke up. The nurse came did my observations every so often, they fed and watered me and then my Mum came to get me in the evening and I stayed with her last night.
The bruising started to come up about 2 hours after I came around and the swelling much later that night. The real swelling and bruising was apparent when I work up this morning. I have been resting and eating a little bit and drinking a little bit and I feel okay. I've had ice on my eyes today and it helped a bit with the swelling. More pics and updates to follow.

2 Days Post Op

Wow! What a bad nights sleep! I kept waking up and wanting to scratch my nose but there was a big cast on it! Very strange. Also I felt the tricking of fluid inside my nose which was very annoying as it tickled and not in a good way.
I woke up this morning to a very swollen face and a headache. I have to say that I feel pretty awful today, no energy, a bit sad (for no reason) and also wondering if I chose the right nose. I think it is all nonsense and part of the recovery process but it's got me feeling a bit blue today. I don't really have an appetite, I've eaten a bit but not much. Go, I sound really miserable, I'm not, I'm just writing how I feel in case it's helpful to anyone else out there.
I've been watching the TV today and I keep seeing peoples noses and wondering what mine is going to look like. I'm a long way off from being able to see the end result.
I think tomorrow will be better........I think I just need a good nights sleep. :)

My old nose.....

Here are a few pics of the old nose......

Feeling better

I'm feeling so much better today. It's now 4 days post op, over the worst. I went out for a little walk today and got some fresh air which was lovely. Got some very strange looks with my hideous face!

The swelling has gone down and the black eyes are starting to fade now which is great. The splint is driving me nuts! My nose is so itchy underneath and I can't scratch it! Not long now, I have my follow up appointment on Thursday to have it removed and I can't wait!

Can't wait to have my cast off!! It's so itchy!!!

Everything has really settled down and I'm very much looking forward to Thursday when I can have my cast off and be rid of this itching! I have to say the two worst things so far have been the swelling and the itching. Not the pain, it's not a painful operation, or at least it hasn't been for me. I only took pain killers for the 1st two days and I didn't really need them, it wasn't that bad. Although I do suffer from a chronic bad back so perhaps my pain threshold is higher than normal. Either that or it's just not a massively painful op.

Can't wait to see how it looks on Thursday!!

Cast offf!!!

I had my cast off today and not a moment too soon!! It was getting really itchy in there. I met with a nice Nurse who removed my cast which took a while as the dried blood had acted like glue, she used wet cotton buds and gently got all the tape unstuck from my nose. I had a look in the mirror and it was noticeably smaller and slimmer although still quite a bit of swelling overall which will go down over the next few weeks. I'm happy so far, I know this isn't the end result so I'm not worried that's it's still quite big.

I'll post some more pics over the coming weeks.

Comparisons.....

As you can see there is a difference, the hump is gone and the shape has changed. I'm glad I have this comparison as I can see there is still a lot of swelling to go down on the nose itself but also where the nose meets my forehead too.

This is what I'm really hoping it will turn out like, my imaging from my surgeon, looks a long way off that at the moment and I'

Pic

New Nose!!!

More pics

Well! Things are going really fantastically and I'm becoming more and more pleased with my result. The swelling has been going down over the past 3 weeks and it will continue for another 6 weeks perhaps. The swelling has been working it's way down my nose from the top so I still have a swollen tip which looks like it has a bit of a bump on the end but this should go and the nose will look more curved.

I haven't had any problems since I has my cast off. The only thing that I can comment on is that I have a blocked nose most of the time but I'm still able to breathe through my nose. Blowing is still quite sore (feels rather like I might blow the roof off my nose but that obviously wouldn't happen, it's just still very tender) so I have to do it very gently one nostril at a time. Most mornings I wake up needing to blow my nose. Cotton buds are also a good way to remove what you can't blow out but I'm extremely careful and don't poke at anything. I just blow a little bit and coax out the rest with a cotton bud. Speak to your surgeon before trying this though as all after-care rules can vary based on different surgeons opinions.

Overall I'm very happy!!

Who done this surgery? It looks good,really good!!!!!!
Hi could you tell me what surgeon did your operation? Nice nose job glad your really pleased with it barbsy x
Lovely, may I know which Harley Street surgeon/surgery you choose?
Wow! You look stunning!!! So glad you got a nose that fits you now :)
Your nose looks amazing! Can you please send me your surgeon's details?
Hey there, can you please PM with where you got your surgery done and who the surgeon was? Great results!
One of the best op's I've seen by far :) it looks great!
Please could you tell me the name of your surgeon?
What a beautiful change:) I would love to see more front views!! :) who was your surgeon
You look so great! Yay!
Where on Harley Street did you go for your consultation?, and what doctor did you end up picking? thanks x
I private messaged you with the details. :)
Can you pm me as well, please? He did such a great job.
hi, beautiful new nose! if its not too much trouble could you pm me also with surgeons details? thank you :)
Your new nose looks amazing!! Very nice :)
You look gorgeous...love your style!
You look so good! you should be so happy! I hope mine goes as well.
Do you see any difference from the front view as before ? is it wider or else ?? a lot of people told me that my nose should be wider aferwards .. since we have almost same nose (ur before) ?
The nose is much slimmer from a straight on view. The bridge is slimmer, the tip has been lifted and slimmed down and the over all size is smaller plus there is now a slight curve as opposed to the hook I had before. We did have similar noses to start with but what I have had dome is quite feminine so our end results shouldn't look the same. You should have a stronger, straighter more masculine version. When is your surgery?
september 25th.. you were completely asleep ?
Yes, it was a general anesthetic. The op took less than an hour as I had a closed rhinoplasty so they did not need to cut and stitch the outside of my nose, everything was done from inside my nose. If you have anymore questions I will be happy to answer them. :)
Beautiful!!
Thank you! I'm really pleased, it's getting slimmer and slimmer each day as the swelling goes down, I'm just over 3 weeks post op so I still have some swelling to go down. :)
Where did you go on Harley street for your consultations? and who did you end u your new nose looks fabulous!
Great nose! you look even more beautiful! My surgery date is sept 17th, I hope my results are as good! great job!