Mirvaso - or How to Make a Small Problem Much Much Worse. London, England

Hi I tried Mirvaso for mild rosacea. Nothing...

Hi
I tried Mirvaso for mild rosacea. Nothing happened for about 24 hours, after which my face felt completely on fire and was really red in the areas I had applied the cream. My mild condition had become something much worse, with bad flushing, and an appearance of all the things you'd use this treatment to fix, which were not there before. The following 12 days were filled with anxiety and sleepless nights over what I had done to myself. It is nearly two weeks later now and things have calmed back down again mostly, though I am unsure yet of any longer lasting effects.

My skin type is very pale - this may be a part of it.

Do yourself a favour! Be VERY VERY careful with this stuff. Better still - don't risk it. I'm amazed it got NHS approval.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

After the side effects had calmed down, did it make any positive differences to your rosacea?
Nothing positive at all. I have an uncomfortable feeling that my face is redder than before. I am not fully certain that the side effects have completely gone.
I am having the same experience. I called the company and my doctor and I believe these are common side effects and not rare, like we were led to believe. I put Neosprene all over my face and it seems to be working. I am at least not as freaked out.
After things calm down, try mixing a small SMALL amount of Mirvaso with moisturizer or antihistamine cream before applying. It works for me.
Hi there - did you have the burnt face issue too?
Actually, I had some mild irritation for the first week of using Mirvaso (I've been using it since the fall of 2013). I read online that some people were combining it with moisturizers or antihistamine cream before applying it, so I tried it and it works for me. I found that I need a very small amount of Mirvaso to get an effect (like 1 part Mirvaso to 4 or 5 parts of something else) and I don't get any more irritation. I tried posting this to other rosacea sites but the other posters were not very friendly to this advice. They think everything is a conspiracy.