Botox Was the Worst Mistake of my Life. - London, England

I thought i'd write a review as iv been a member...

I thought i'd write a review as iv been a member on this site for a few yrs now.

I had Botox for the very first time in july 2011. I dont know the correct medical terms for each individual muscle injected, so will tell you the areas instead. They were my forehead, inbetween my brows, and bunny lines and crows feet. BIG MISTAKE! 3 days after the injections I noticed a triangular dent between my brows, one on either side of my nose, and on the outter corners of my eyes also. To be honest, I didnt really take much notice because as it was the first time id had Botox -I actually thought this was how it was meant to be (bit stupid eh!?) Anyway, As the days went on, my face became more paralised. I could not raise my eyebrows, (actually had to lift them with my fingers to apply mascara! and that went on for a good 6 months.)

I will tell you this now, with my hand on my heart, the botox is still in my face 21 months later! I am near the two yr mark, and my face is absolutely nowhere near better. I will list a few of the abnormalities/deformities that botox has done to my face..

Hollow/caved in temples.
cheek droop/ptosis
sunken in/hollow eyes
brow droop
severe muscle atrophy and skin laxity
I have loose skin all over my face! The skin bunches up under the eyes when I smile with horrible horizontal lines that extend down the sides of my once filled out plump cheeks.

My face is not my face :(. Botox has robbed me of my confidence..

Iv been doing carolyns facial exercises for a good 3 months, and I havent noticed a slight bit of difference BUT that doesnt mean I wont see any changes. Im hopefull that my face will return back to how it was, I have to be.

Please anyone thats considering pumpin this into their face, dont! Its a hit and miss situation, and dont EVER think it will not happen to you because you have to be a pretty strong individual to live with the possible shitty outcome if it all goes wrong (believe me, im living proof.)

made a mistake in original review

I made a mistake in my original review. It was 2012 I had it done, not 2011.

roll on feb 2015

It's been 2yrs and a couple weeks for me..

Im not better, and I know I wont ever have my face back. I still stay hopeful tho :) Im having the facetite procedure done in feb/march 2015 because the muscles in my face have atrophied so much that there is no way the skin will tighten on its own. Been doing carolyns facial fitness on and off since janurary.. (more on than off) hasnt made the lines/ wrinkles worse, but hasnt made them any better either.

Anyway, i have my procedure to look forward too so im smiling wide

Have you tried a Tua Viso to strengthen the muscles?
Hi B.B. I don't know how strongly Carolyn's exercises work your face, but I've used Flexeffect and Ageless, and both really work out your cheeks. Maybe try one of them?
oh God i was thinking about getting it done for crows feet but wasn't sure - think I know the answer now
Honesty babe, don't do it. The muscles in the face are attached to the skin. When you over paralize the muscles, the skin can still move (thats why I hav the bunching effect) -and its still REALLY bad. Also, if a muscle is paralised for a long period, it starts to waste away due to it not being used hence why the skin on my face is saggy and loose. think of it this way, just say you broke a leg, and it gets put into a cast to help it mend. when that cast comes off, the leg that was in the cast will have lost the majority of muscle tone, and would be considerably smaller than the 'healthy' leg. -same thing with botox, if a muscle isnt used, it wastes away. As for the dents; its because i was injected too deeply. And they are still there! The botox migrated down my face and caused AWFUL deformities. Thing is, the DR that injected me was a GP, and knew the facial anatomy very well. He'd also been injecting for 5 years! So thats why I was saying its a ''hit and miss'' thing. Botox is the most harmful substance known to man, and there is NO antidote. If you have it done, and it messes up, you have to live with the results. Believe me, when you get robbed of your pretty face, you'll wish you'd never done it. Also, im sure botox isnt approved by the FDA for use on crows feet, -so beware. Hope this helps you make your decision. Wish you the best of luck xx