12 Weeks update :( 41 Years Old, 3 Kids and Ready for my TT, MR and Lipo.

A week from today I will be recovering from...

A week from today I will be recovering from surgery and I truly can't wait for it!!! I had 3 kids, all natural births, but I had a 3 abdominal procedures in the last few years (tubal ligation, partial hysterectomy and ovary removal) and I has definitely taken a tall on my abdomen... The skin on top of my incision hurts at the end of the day if I don't wear support underwear and sucking it in doesn't work anymore, LOL!!
I'm 5'2" and 124 and I really want to look the way I feel; I'm not someone who likes to exercise, but my eating habits are really good, I eat mostly non processed foods, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats and non fat products, I really enjoy eating healthy.

I had my first consultation a couple months ago and the doctor gave me the option of only lipo, mini TT w/ lipo and full TT with lipo, which is what I'm going for and he said that based on my body frame and lifestyle I should expect great results.
I already had my pre-op last week and I had my prescriptions for norco and valium, I have high tolerance to pain, so I hope that norco will be good enough, my PS to call him if it wasn't.

So far my concern is making sure I don't get sick on the way home, I'm sure he'll give me something for nausea.
Also, what kind of car have you found it's best? I have an SUV and a sedan, which one will be best to get in and out after surgery?

2 days to go!!

Only two days away for my surgery,feeling really excited about it... Today I have to drink the magnesium citrate, not really looking forward to it, but I know it needs to be done.
I'll need to go pick up one more prescription tomorrow and some supplies, what do I need??

I can't sleep...

OMG, surgery is just a few hours away and I can't sleep, I'm usually really calm whe it comes to surgeries, but I guess this time it's different since it will be sorta life changing....
I've got all my meds and supplies, instructions for my kids ( they're older 12, 19 and 22) they'll be cleaning the house, doing some last minute grocery shopping and getting the couch ready for me.

I hope I feel OK to post tomorrow, wish me luck!!

Day one PO and so far, so good...

Yesterday was surgery day, it almost didn't happened as the AC went out at the surgery center; we would have to reschedule if they couldn't get the temperature below 74 and OR temperature was 79 and my PS didn't thinks it would have been safe to proceed. Thankfully they AC was repaired and surgery finally happened almost 5 hours later...

Everything went well, I was happy to find out that my hysterectomy incision was removed and that an inverted T incision was not necessary.
Recovery was not bad a all and after one hour I was able to go home.
When I got home I was able to eat some crackers and get plenty of water; pain is not as bad as I thought or people told me it was going to be and it could be to the fact that I have a high tolerance to pain and that I've been really good with my pain medication.
I wasn't able to get a full night of sleep, even though I took a Valium I kept waking up, not sure why but it wasn't pain related.

Today I started to fill a little more pain in the incision area and it could be that the anesthesia started to wear off, any thoughts??
I only have one drain and I had to empty it twice yesterday, but today not much fluid is coming out, should I be concerned?

I'm not feeling really hungry yet, ate some crackers and a banana, I'll see if I can handle some food tonight.

I've been walking a little every time I need to use the restroom to avoid blood clots, it was either walking at least 3 times a day or getting daily shots, of course I chose the walking, LOL.
The compression socks are really uncomfortable and they make me so hot, I need to wear them for a week as well as the binder..

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Day two PO and some challenges

Last night I was able to sleep a little better, but I was feeling really nauseous, I was so afraid of throwing up, I had some hot tea and I've tried to relax...

I only woke up twice and pain wasn't bad at all, I keep a really good pain med schedule, I'm not feeling really hungry and feeling nauseous doesn't help either...

This morning was a little challenging, my husband and my kids are awesome, but my husband was upstairs sleeping (he works nights) and my daughter took my youngest to school and stop at the grocery store to pick up some stuff, well I needed to go to the bathroom really bad and I've tried to get up by myself, I couldn't and now I'm in more pain than before, I just hope I didn't mess things up... I was really upset and frustrated that I started crying all by myself. Soon after my daughter came back and helped me, I guess it doesn't help that my lower back started to hurt too... I'm using a backrest pillow and a neck pillow, the travel ones and pillows under my knees, I wish I could lay on my side...

I'm not getting a lot of discharge from the drain, is that normal ?

3rd day PO, still not very hungry...

Pain is much better, I would say almost gone except when I get up, but it has improved tremendously. I can't getup by myself and not even talk walk straight, howlong does it take to start walking straight?

No BM yet, I've been taking my stool softeners twice a day; I'll start with the milk of magnesia tomorrow and see of that helps... I have not been brave enough to look at my incision or take pictures, I'll do that tomorrow.

I started watching Modern Family and it was not a good idea, it was too funny and laughing hurts so much.

I'm barely having any fluid come out of my drain, it's that normal? My next appt is Tuesday morning.

Seeing results and shower adventure

Well today I was finally able to take a shower and I must say that. I didn't think it as going to be so physically challenging, everyone was right about sitting down while taking a shower, luckily my shower has a bench and made it so much easier... I was able to wash my hair and it feels so good, I feel human, LOL!!

I removed all the dressing except the steri strips of course, it's hear to know what the end result would like like since there is some swelling; I'm a little scare that I don't see a wits definition, I had lipo in the flanks too... I know that I have to be patience, but in a way I have mixed feelings. The incision is a little higher that I wanted it to be, but I knew that would be an option and a trade for the inverted T Incision and removing the hysterectomy scar...

I have my appt this coming Tuesday and I'm sure my PS will be able to give me some heads up as far as the looks... I know is hard to see I the pictures but I see some budges at the end of the incision; specially the left side, I hope it goes down...

Any feedback would be appreciated it!!

Before and after

One week and drain out!!

Well today it's been a week since my surgery and my first PO appointment , everything went really well... As soon as my PS saw me the first thing he said was " you're walking too straight" , he wants me to keep walking hunched over to avoid adding pressure to the incision and make sure it still thin.
I was able to see my new BB and it looks great, he did a really good job!!

Obviously he warned me to be patient as although I'm healing really well right now there's still lots of swelling.

The side from were my drain was coming out is more prominent than the other side but I hope it will go down now that the drain is out.

My whole abdomen and around my BB still really numb, not sure how soon that will go away.

I still have to wear my binder for the next 6-8 or buy a good shape wear for when I go out or work, any suggestions??

I can resume driving in one week, YAY!!

So far so good!!

Feeling sick...

The last couple days have been a little more challenging, I've been experiencing evening nauseas and throwing with heavy headache, actually last night it was a migraine... I used my nasal migraine treatment and went to sleep...
I'm feeling much better this morning, but still a bit nauseous, also I'm experiencing pain/discomfort at night from the abdominal binder... I hope to feel better this weekend to be able to go to Target or Macy's to find a good Spanx so I don't have to wear the binder all the time and can switch during the day.

My next appt is on 9/9, so far I'm healing well and only feeling pain/discomfort on my sides (flanks) I think this is probably due to the fact that anesthesia is wearing off and that we're the lipo was performed, anyone else went through this??

My PS told me I can resume driving next week, so we'll see how that goes; I'll try to start sow and with short trips!

Have a great weekend!!

Better day

Today I felt much better than the last couple of days; I slept in my bed last night for the first time and sleeping wasn't that good, I get really uncomfortable at night with the abdominal binder, my tummy gets really hard at night; maybe for being on the same position for a long time??

Here's an update picture, I don't notice much dieference from day 5 to today, my right right side still looks bigger/bumpy than the left side, could that be because that's were I had the drain coming out at the end of the incision? My next appt is 10 days, so if it still the same I will bring it up to my PS.

Let me know if Ny of you had the same issue.

Have great weekend!!

Two weeks PO and tape allergy/rash

Today it's been two weeks since my surgery, I had an appt with my PS and I was able to drive myself, thankful it's only 7 miles away for home, but it was good for the first drive after surgery.

I'm healing well except that the last few days I've developed and allergy/rash around my BB due to the tape and a little around the steri strips, he removed all the BB dressing and some of the steri strips and recommended that I start using NewGel silicone strips, which I've already ordered today!!

I've mentioned to him my concern about the bulge on my right side and he quickly said that he noticed to after reviewing the pictures from my first PO appt and said that it should go always as the swelling goes down and is too early to tell, but worst case scenario. If it doesn't he'll do lipo in 3 months at no charge.
I've also noticed some skin pinching on my incision and he said it will go away as skin will contract and swelling goes down.

I like how my BB looks, I'm just a little concern that the shape is a little vertical, but I hope it will get better, maybe I'll start using the marble trick.

Now I need to order another CG; I'm having a hard time deciding which one to order, any suggestions will be appreciated it.

Take care!

Belly Button close up

Meet swell hell... :(

Today I've been up and about a lot and although I was really flat whe I woke up around mid day I could feel the swelling creeping up; my CG felt tighter and tighter as the day went by...

I finally removed all my steri strips as I was getting more burning sensation under the tape and today I received my scar treatment silicon strips too that I will start using tomorrow.
I was so pleased when I saw my scar, it was just what the my PS told me it was going to be; I was so scared of it being thick and uneven... I know it takes time to flatten more and heal, it still has some scabs that I'm will come off soon.

I'll take it easy tomorrow.

Scar treatment

Today I started my NewGel silicone scar treatment, I have say that's very comfortable and it doesn't bother me at all. I've ordered a new CG that I hope to get soon, I went to walmart yesterday and bought the flexees control shapewear and I got a medium since de small looked really small but when I got home and tried on it was big, so I'll have to get the small; I just wanted something to transition from my current bulky CG.

Will it change?

Overall I'm very happy with the results of my TT, tomorrow it will be three weeks, so I guess I should be more patient. I was really hoping for more wait definition and although the lipo to the flanks was included in my TT procedure now I'm wondering if I should have paid for additional lipo...
I totally forgot to take my measurements before my procedure so it's hard for me to know how many inches I've lost... I know that at three weeks there's still lots of swelling, I will discuss my concern with my PS on my next visit...
It's just me or does everyone go through the same emotional ups and downs?

Thanks.

Long day...

Today it was a long day, I had a work meeting and I was out driving and sitting for a few hours, I was pretty straight this morning but around 3pm I was back to the hunched position and I felt that my CG was going to burst, I couldn't wait to get home and loosen it up a little...

I've also stop by Marshall's and found a support griddle, I wasn't really looking as I'm waiting for the Marena that I've ordered online, but it was $12 and I couldn't resist such a great deal, I've tried on at home with some clothes and loved it, it doesn't provide the same support as the post surgery CG but it's very close and I like how my clothes looks!

Mixed feelings...

During my teens years and young adulthood I was alway thin and petite, after my third pregnancy and turning 30 my body rebeled, then I knew u needed to do something and I did, I've lost 37 pounds, after that in a matter of 10 years I had 3 abdominal surgeries and my abdomen was never the same and I was soooo good at hiding it and disguising it; when I told/tell people about my TT I almost feel that I had to justify it or convince people that I really needed it, as most people tell me I didn't. I'm sure if I walked around flaunting my muffin top and my early pregnancy look they would have think differently, now I wish I was more secretive about it.
Have any of you had to go through the same thing??

Today is 3 weeks and 3 days from my surgery, I still wish I had more waist definition, maybe I need to be more patient and wait for the swelling to go down, do you think it can look better in a few weeks/months???
I had to stop my scar treatment for a few days as the middle if the scar had a small oozing, I put some local scar medication and it's much better now, but the scar is not as flat as it was in the middle, I hope it flattens out more, I've tried some maxi dressed and the scar bump can be seen... I'll share this concern with my PS on my next visit.

I hope everyone have a great weekend!!

It was true!!

I've read a lot of times here that swelling get worse in week 3 and it's sooo true!!

I want to thank everyone here for the encouraging words!! I know and u keep telling myself that I have to be patient and it will look better!

I revived my Marena Stage 1 compression garment and I really like the fit, I still need to try it with clothes on and for a few hours or all day to see how comfortable it is. As far as support I can say it's much better thang the maidenforn griddle; the compression binder it's much better for when I'm at home as I can put it really tight and customize the the pressure.

I'm planning to lose 10 pounds, so I'll ask my PS when I can resume exercise, I'm really good with food management. I'll be posting results every week.

One month mark!!

Wow, is hard to believe that a month ago today I was at home starting my recovery!! Although I'm an emotional roller coaster at the end of the day I would do it all over again... Every day that goes by I feel better, two weeks ago I thought I would never walk straight again, LOL!
I know that I need to be patient about the swelling and that I might need some minor revisions, possible small dog ear and liposuction to even up the waist/hip countor.
My next PS appointment is next week, so I'll be discussing some of my concerns with my PS:
Possible dog ear
Bump/buldge on right flank
Chinese belly button
Small ridge hardness on top of left flank

I know is not a big deal, but I want to make sure that I get the best results possible and I know my PS is on the same page.

I'll be going shopping this weekend for some cute tops and dresses!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

One month pictures

Pics didn't download with post...

5 weeks PO appoitment

Last Tuesday was my 5 weeks appointment and it went really well, my PS is really pleased with my healing and said that I could resume light exercise.

He removed a stitch from my right side, that where the drain was, and said to continue to use my silicone strips.
We've discussed some areas of concern; overall I'm very happy with my BB but it looks really small and like its closing down, he said to massage it with a Qtip and also to try a marble, which he said I'm be the first patient to recommend that.
I have some asymmetry, my right flank looks larger than the left and I have a noticeable ridge on my left flank, he said that of it doesn't improve by the third month and I'm still not happy he'll correct with lipo at no charge.

Today I was able to fit into a pair of pants that before looked really bad as it accentuated my belly area, they fitted and looked great. By the end of the day I had major swelling, I'm not sure if it just me, but I get really scared and anxiety as I'm so afraid that my old belly will come back, has any of you go through the same??
My PS said that I still really swollen specially below the BB area, I just wish time will go by faster and the swelling will go away...

I've ordered the Conair hand held massager, I think that would help with the swelling and the transition from the scar up and down... Weight has been the same, not down but not up either!!

I will go to bed not and say, the swelling will go down, the swelling will go down, the swelling will... zzzzzzzzzzz

5 Weeks Pictures

I forgot to post the pictures!

Pain won't go away

I've been having pain above my BB, right below my rib cage, specially on the right side. I'm not sure what could be causing this pain, it hurts even when I take a deep breath, sneeze or cough; it almost feel like a bruise pain, but the skin looks normal and I have not done anything out of the usual. If you look at the pictures it looks a little more prominent on one side than the other.
I'm afraid that the muscle stitches may have popped or something... Any ideas?

Pain was nothing serious

Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing great... I had not time to post an update, work has been really busy!!
I went to see my PS last week regarding the pain and he examined me and said that everything looked good and that the pain was probably a result of me overdoing it during my travel.

I hope I knew how much patience I needed to have, sometimes I feel really good about my results and sometimes disappointed... If you look at the progress pictures I think I looked better at one month than at 8 weeks; I have not gained weight, lost about 2.5 and for some reason my stomach doesn't look as flat as it did in the beginning, I feel terrified and sometimes I find myself sucking it in like I did before surgery... could swelling be greater at 6-8 weeks? I'm not sure, but I don't even want to tell my husband how I feel, I don't want him to think I did all this and now I'm not happy.
For the most part I tell myself that I will get better and that if I'm not happy my PS will do something about it; I know I look much better than I did before, but I guess I was expecting more... I'm super disciplined about wearing my surgical and compression garment, I'm using a silicon treatment for scar, massaging every day for about 30 minutes using bio-oil and a handheld massager and taking bromelain.

I wish I could fast forward time and see the final results; I read somewhere that if you liked how you looked the first day of surgery then that's how most likely it will look once all the healing and swelling is over, but not sure if that's true.

I'll see my PS next month and I will definitely share my feelings with him and my areas of concern.

Take care everyone!

I want to cry...

I don't know if I'm not being realistic or what, but I see pictures of ladies even a little heavier than me and they look better at 8 weeks than me; I know that everyone heals differently, but at this point I'm just really unhappy... I can't tell if it's swelling, I look like this event in the morning.
My PS told me I was going to have fantastic results and he kept telling me how petite I am and that it wasn't too bad...
Don't get me wrong, I know I look better than before, I know that I should expect swelling, but being that I work from home and I barely do physical and wear my CG 24/7 I was expecting for my stomach to start looking flatter and not puffier/bigger.
I don't see my PS until about a month, I don't want to call him and seem panicked (which I am) but rather, continue to wait and see...
I've waited for this for so long... :(

I'm still not sure about my results...

I know this is a long road and that patience is the number one companion; but as I enter 14 weeks since my TT tomorrow I'm not sure how I feel about my results... It's hard to know if the lack of flatness is due to swelling or residual fat, I have an appointment with my PS next week and I will share my concerns with him. I defiantly want to fix the contour asymmetry and get answers about the bulge/swelling below my BB.
This pictures were taken this morning as soon as I got out of bed, so as you can see it's already very bumpy... at 3 months PO i was hoping to look better, some swelling is expected but right now is just hard for me to believe that my tummy will get completely flat...If it is not swelling and I need a revision I'm not sure what direction my PS will like to go, lipo or more skin removal, I definitely can pinch skin when I'm sitting in a relax position and when I'm standing at the end of my incision, one side I can pinch way more than the other...

I'f I wear something formfitting I need to suck my tummy, it makes me feel like I did all this for nothing, what's the point if now I still have to suck it in...

3+ month update and revision

Today was my 3 month appointment with my PS, I always feel that as much as I prepare for questions all of them come after the appointment is over...
I shared with him my concerns about the bulge below my BB, I can't see my scar when I stand and look down, also I told him about the scar asymmetry and puckering on the left side and how I still have rolls coming out of my pants when I sit down; he thinks that I still have edema, but wants to do liposuction and scar revision on the left side... I've asked him what are the chances of getting lose skin after the lipo and he said it should be fine, he also took some pictures of me sitting down and it was like a aha moment and could understand what I was talking about...
He wanted me to schedule for mid December, but said that he usually doesn't do revisions so soon, I told him I'm not in a hurry and I could wait until mid-end January, so he'll be calling me in two weeks to confirm what I need to get done; I've done my surgery trough a teaching program and he needs to consult with the attending PS.
He said is will be an in office procedure, but when we discussed the top rolls towards my back he said I might need to be sleep... I wish I've asked him if I would have to pay for that, but I guess I'll do that when he calls me.

He really wants to make me happy and I feel so bad that the results are not what I expected, but I paid a lot of money and I should not settle just because it looks much better; he apologized and I felt so bad...

Any feedback/advise about lipo revision ? I'll post pictures in a few days, but nothing has changed from my latest pictures.

Thank you.