A Teacher Learns a Lesson: It Didn't Work for Me

I thought I was the prefect candidate for this...

I thought I was the prefect candidate for this "no risk, no down time, great results" procedure. I needed to lose 10 pounds that I recently gained. I am usually a slim person, but menopause caused some weight gain. (I wear a size 8, I usually wear a size 6).

It didn't work for me. There is a protocol that is required during the six series treatment. -A protocol not advertised - a protocol that would produce weight loss and inch reduction on most people without the procedure. I believ that the results are due to the protocol, not the Zerona.

This might be a major misrepresentation here and am currently thinking about my husband filing a class action suit.

susan stevens tanne md

I went to a medispa in Baltimore MD that offered a deal on Zerona. It seemed appealing because it was minimally invasive and I didn't need to take any time off from work.

I had eight sessions targeted on my back and abdominal area. I took a  supplement, recommended by the doctor administering the treatments, that was supposed to "flush out the excess fat" in conjunction with the treatments.

$2000 and eight zerona treatments later I did not have any results. At best I may have lost an inch.

I was subsequently deployed to Afghanistan otherwise I would have sued the medispa. I wish I had the energy to still go back and take them to court.

I strongly recommend going with liposuction. It may be more invasive but it's not that much more expensive and you are guaranteed results.

My time and money is important and I cannot get either one of those things back.
I am sorry to hear you lost out like many of us. But the fact that you are serving our country ad's a bit more than being out the money. It's a shame but we are honest people and believe what people tell us. We really wanted this to work, I know I did. But as we all know it actually can't work. The laser isn't strong enough to penetrate the skin. There is a doctor on here telling people facts about the Zerona. He has no interest or any reason to lie about his findings. I hope that the spa that did your treatments refunds your money.

Irish
You are all so right. It is a big scam. When I scheduled appointments they scheduled at same time every time, Mon, Wed, Fri for me at 2:00 so the same tech would measure and position beams. I have had different people every time. I asked one lady is there a set distance they should be away from body. She said 6 to 8 inches. She looks at me and says that looks right doesn't it? I said no that is more like 4 inches, the beams are longer and cover more area farther away. I measure my self every time too. The measurements are bogus. I think they purosely go 1/2 inch up on all the areas the first time so all measurements after that will get smaller from the other tech. I also have light beams flying all over the room boncing off the mirror. Isn't that bad for the eyes? I'm very unhappy and still have two to go. I think I seen this on Dr. Oz or THe Doctors show , I need to find out and write them a letter. I'm sick of these companys scamming people all the time.
I recently had 12 sessions of Zerona. My results? Zero, zilch, no inches lost. I was looking to lose some fat around my stomach area, which had always been a problem area for me. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed. During my Zerona session, red laser beams that looked like supermarket scanners would circle around the problem areas of my body while I was lying down. My sessions were all done by aids, and I never even saw a doctor! The aids told me to take "Curva" supplements (2 weird looking green pills a day) along with my Zerona treatments. I was also told to drink 10 glasses of water a day, to cut down on sugar and carbs, and to eat more protein and vegetables - which is a regimen that every dieter knows will help you lose weight. But if I had the willpower to stick to that type of diet, I would not need Zerona in the first place! Duh! It is my opinion that Zerona DOES NOT WORK. For those people who claim it does, I think the results might be due to the "Curva" supplements or the change in eating habits, but I doubt that it was due to Zerona. All Zerona did was waste my time and lighten my pocketbook. Stay away, unless you want to have regrets!
I felt scammed also. The techs didn't seem to know what they were doing. They didn't have a 'girdle' small enough to fit me, so sent me home with one that was very loose and never got me a correct size. The tech told me it didn't really matter if I wore one or not. I might have had to just believe what they said about the total inches lost, except for one measurement that gave the scam away. I was a bodybuilder for 5 years with body fat of 12% and what my trainer bragged to everyone was an 8-pack, not a 6-pack. Then menopause hit and in a few months my body fat went to 20%.However I still had NO bodyfat and I mean NO bodyfat at all around my ribcage or on my back. You couldn't pinch anything but skin in those places.Those areas still looked like I was competing. The fat that appeared,seemingly overnight, was on abdomen, covering my wonderful '8-pack' , on my thighs/butt and I now had lovehandles for the 1st time in my life. I went on bioindentical hormones, which helped a lot of the menopause probelms, but not the body fat, which was on my So,with less than 10 lbs to lose, I thought I was also a perfect candidate for Zerona. I would have believed what they told me at the final measurement appt, if they hadn't gotten stupid and told me I had lost an inch around my ribcage. That was the dead giveaway that they were lying or cheating or something underhanded was going on. Since I had absolutely no fat there to begin with [you can and always could see my ribs and count them in that area], I knew something was wrong. Oh, and guess what? The lasers were only positioned on my stomach and thighs/butt so how stupid was it for them to even do a measurement there and count it in the total anyway? I realized it was possible I was fatter around my waist and butt that I thought,and those measurements MIGHT be right, but when they did the ribcage I knew something was up. I made her do it again, because I was incredulous and then I told her there was 'no way' Of course she told me measurements don't lie, but I told her "Then someone didn't do them right at the beginning. And if I know for a fact the ribcage is wrong, how many of the others are wrong too?" She sent me to the program manager who gave me all those 'politician answers' and pretty much said 'too bad for you' I know I was ripped off. My suggestion to any of you who are going to do Zerona is to make them let you watch in a mirror while they take your measurements and see that tape yourself. Also note exactly where they put the tape in the beginning and at the last. We all know that your waist is not the same inches at different points. Anyway, I hope there is a lawsuit, because there should be and shame on Rachel Ray and Dr Oz for hyping this machine on their shows. Kathy
Include me in the law suit or any way I can help...this is a total scam..after i signed up they said for the next 4 weeks eat salads, no alcohol and wear spanx...that alone would have tightened me up and make it look like I lost inches..its a scam. send me FDA letter and I will shove it down the DR. that sold it to me. Stavropoulos@live.ca
Maria
count me in too for the lawsuit!

I spent $1300 just to waste time.
Hi

Can you give me the link to the information about the warning letter about the FDA warning. Or just type what its says. I have filed a complaning with the attorney general in my state. There is another person in my state doing the same. I will let you know if anything happens. Please get back to me. Thanks

Irisheyes
I found this link on the FDA website... a warning letter to the manufacturer of Zerona. I had already scheduled my Zerona treatments starting on Monday, July 11th. I finished the bloodwork yesterday and Monday was the first time, I would be meeting with the Dr. From reading your posts and other comments, I am convinced it is a scam. Btw, I tried mesotherapy and velashape in the past, dropping $3000 on each procedure to no avail. so i think this is another one of those things. It's very sad that there is no regulatory agency that stops these things before they reach the consumer. The FDA seems to be on it, but waaaaay after the fact.
I too went through 6 sessions of the Zerona treatments - and I bought the diet plan they recommended for an additional $500.00 - for a total of 3,400.
Before I went in I measured myself. Initially when I went in the technician measured my neck, under my breast, waist,thighs, and knees. The day of my last treatment I again measured myself - and totally had only lost 2 inches but I also lost 7 lbs. When the tech measured me in those same areas again and added the measurements together she told me I had lost 11.5 inches. The Zerona equipment was used only on my waist and abdomen. I know I could have lost 7 lbs in 1 month just by cutting back on my calories. Since I did lose 7 lbs - that explains the 2 inches I lost by my measurement. I left the place feeling like an idiot. I'm at a loss as what I should do and if anyone has any information as to any lawsuits out there please let me know.
I Just finished my last session yestday i didn't get any result either the lady guarantees 3" or gives you a $1000.00 1/2 of what she charges back well for me she is saying i have lost 3" not where I wanted, my problem was around my wasit area which didn't chagne. she is offering my more session which i will not take becuse there is no point Some thing has to be done this can not go. if i don't get my money back i will be going on Pat Forain on CTV and reporting the scam that is Zerona. please join me
Man, I am furious! This is the worst I have ever been ripped off in my life! 9 treatments, $3000 later and no perceivable inches lost! No one sees a difference in me! Their whole method of measuring you is a complete con. By measuring in several different places, and pulling the tape tighter on the final measurement/session and then adding up all the figures they make it look as if I lost 5 inches and yet my weight is the same and the circumference around my waist is also the same as before I started treatment! Nuts! Surely there has to be a class action lawsuit against this company? I went to premier Fitness in Milton, Onatrio in Canada for my treatment and just had my last session last week. They were indignant and rude to me when I informed them that I don’t believe that their treatment worked. What should I do? I cannot afford a lawyer
Sincerely yours,
Brian Ruxton
I'm hoping there is a lawsuit...i'm currently going through this treatment..same story..perfect candidate..blah, blah..i'm slim built..never been on a diet in my whole life..eat great..non-smoker, active, excercise, etc. I guess age is kicking in and I gained 10 lbs, mainly on my hip areas. So frustrated, i'm doing this. My first treament did nothing at all! I about cried. So they are doing a 2nd now as I refused to pay and was going to reverse payment through my bank, etc. So we'll see, but I believe it's the protocol too..just commen sense. But i'll update you on results. Ahhhh, sad but hanging in there with this.
Who is your provider, and/or where are you located? I couldn't get Midwest Medical Aesthetics to refund my money or offer additional treatments. I thought about reversing payment, but I figured they would fight it.
Complete waste of money. I debated between Lipo, mini tummy tuck and Zerona for months. I'm 5'3" size 7. I chose Zerona after I was told I would see great results in getting my stuburn fat removed. I purchased 9 treatments over a 3 week period. Total BS lost nothing. Maybe 1 inch overall but I contribute that to the Curvia pills, diet and excerise. I will be contacting a lawyer if my money is not refunded. DON'T DO IT. Complete waste of time and money.

If starts a class action lawsuit I will be in. I lost nothing. In fact my inches went in the other direction. Someone notify me if there is a lawsuit. This is ridiculous! Definitely a scam!

I was thinking about this treatment.What is the protocol?
I totally agree with you. Zerona was a waste of two weeks time and a lot of money. The Doctor didn't even come into the room once during the procedure. The Technician measured my neck, under my breast, waist,thighs, knees,and added the measurement together to total inches lost. I lost nothing from the areas that counted. The inches were lost from my Knees and my stomach. On day one I informed them that I had GERD. and that my stomach swells up and down depending on the acid reflux state. I asked if having GERD would affect the final outcome she told me no. That was a lie.
I totally agree with you. read my response. Please include me in your class action lawsuit.
You have a lawsuit??? Count me in.

JS
I too was told I was the "perfect candidate". I had absolutely no results with Zerona. I believe it may work for some people, but only if the provider is committed to following the manufacturer's protocol - which did not happen in my case. Measurements weren't taken, laser was not positioned properly. Please include me in your class action lawsuit!