Not Sure.... Full Tt with Breast Lift on 11/13 - Little Rock, AR

I'm a large woman... Always have been. I got...

I'm a large woman... Always have been. I got tired of having fat rolls under my breasts. I love the look that I have now, but the healing - not so much. I have an infection and tunneling in my belly. I have an ugly place on one breast. Doc isn't worried and he and staff are great. When I think I'm gonna die, he is always willing to tell me it's gonna be okay.

I think that I'm currently 4 1/2 weeks post op and I have to pack my belly twice a day with Dakins - which is a bleach solution. I took Levaquin for 7 days for infection. Now, the Dakins is simply to help with the odor. The odor isn't for infection, because that should all be gone, so what is it for. Well, it's the fat necrosis. I had a thin layer of fat left over the abdominal wall. Now, that layer is dying on the inside and producing a horrid green disgusting mess that smells like.... well, dead tissue.

I go to the doc again tomorrow. I go twice a week and I pack my belly twice a day. I know that I'm only 4 weeks post- op, but this is already making me crazy. Will try to post pics later. SO FAR, it was worth it.

Back to the doc today.  He opened my...

Back to the doc today.  He opened my belly and cleaned it out.  Now it's easy to pack and should really heal pretty fast.  He said that he does about 125 full tt a year and maybe 2 or 3 of those have some small issue, but nothing like mine.  He is very optimistic that this will be over soon and he and his staff is so good to me.  They are so supportive and positive.  I will post pics soon.

Went back to the doc 12/21.  Doc says...

Went back to the doc 12/21.  Doc says it looks good and it started to fill in.  Still thinks it might be awhile at this rate.  Discussed a wound vac.  I sure hope something works.

I don't know if I said this or not, but I would do it again!

CAUTION - I really want everyone to know... I am...

CAUTION - I really want everyone to know... I am so much happier after surgery. The only thing that I would change at all is the breast work. I asked for a breast lift. Before surgery, I was so excited and anxious. Doc asked me what size I wanted to be. I just said DD. I never thought about what that really meant for a woman of my size. As you can see from the after pic, the breasts aren't really proportionate. I wish that I had discussed that more with the doctor. I got the breast lift, and too much of a reduction. But it's ok!! I'm still glad I did it!!

Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

My provider has bent over backward to help me. I try to not be that pain in the rear patient. Dr. is always wonderful and informative. Puts my mind at ease and willing to go that extra mile. He's handling the problem. Always available. What more could I ask? There are always risks, it how the issues are handled that matters

I'm so glad I read your story! I had a TT with muscle repair and lip on 10-14-11. I have had SO many problems and I really thought I was the only one!! I don't have anything like the wound you had though, thank goodness! I do have open places in my incision that are draining greenish ooze, I don't know if its infection or fat necrosis. It has chunks of stuff in it, i assume they are tissue or fat. It does have a nasty odor too. I was hospitalized in November for a Staph infection and thought it had gone away when my fever was gone, but apparently it didn't! I have changed surgeons because the one who actually did my TT didn't ever want to treat me. The new guy has done a culture of the pocket I have in my stomach under the skin and it came back positive for Staph and MRSA. So, I am on bactrum right now. When the infections clear up he is going to re-open me and clean it all out and remove the dead tissue. I'm so glad you're doing well now...although I'm sorry you had to go through all that you did, I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who had so many issues!!
Can you please list Dr. Ed's full name or is it just Dr. Ed? I have been walking and running to get in shape.. LUV UR RESULTS!!! Now I am nervous anything that you wish you would have known?
Karlanar, thanks spool much for your story. I am thinking of having a TT. However, I too have been large my whole life. I stand 5'9 and weigh 279lbs. I had a consult and the PS advised that he could do the surgery at my current weight. I have no other medical issues, I only have this hugh stomach. I haven't seen my "Sue Ellen" in years. You have encouraged me. Please keep us posted on your progress.
I used Dr Ed Love in LR. I didn't make payments, I put it on a credit card. I'll be paying for it for awhile! LOL. It was SOOOO worth it. I have some pics and I will try to post them here. Honestly, I have lots of scars. I will take the scars over the fat any day. If I had more money, I would have more surgery. As I said in my original post, I'm a large woman. I never expected to be skinny, but I feel so much better about myself. That is priceless.
Hello! I also live in arkansas and I was wondering who you used. And wut kind of payments am i looking at monthly?
How are you doing now karla.. I will be doing an update on myself in the next couple of days.... Mines been all down hill...hoping for a miracle by the time my Birthday rolls around the 11th of April... That makes me 17 months post op and still not healed... Hugs from the Pacific NW... Julieanne
I live in Arkansas and am thinking of getting a TT. Do u have any before and after photos?