Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty - Little Falls, NJ

I waited a long time considering having this...

I waited a long time considering having this surgery. I had inquired about this procedure a few years earlier but because of fear I decided I was not ready. Over the course of these past few years I was considering the surgery more and more. I am 48 years old but when you look at me you saw what appeared to be a much older woman. The deep wrinkles and sagging sink around my eyes made me look and feel so much older. I had seen a few advertisements for LIfestyle Lifts over this past year and became curious again about having eye lid surgery. Last December I decided to request a brochure. I also went to their website and read about their services. My poor husband had to listen to me complain about the wrinkles and about how I looked too many times. He kept telling me to go ahead and get my eyes done. Finally in June I saw another advertisement for Lifestyle Lifts this time I decided to call and schedule a consultation in their Little Falls, NJ office. The closest office to my home.

I left LIfestyle Lifts with a ton of information and instuctions about my up and coming procedure. I was told to purchase vitamins and brusing cream. I was also given the prescriptions I would need to fill prior to the procdeure. My procedure was scheduled in two weeks.

Prior to the day of my procedure I was contacted by the office asking a few more questions and just a follow up with instructions and information and what I should expect on the day of the procedure. On the day of the procedure I arrived and was greeted and treated with kindness and care. I was given medication to relax me prior to the start of the procedure. Once ready Dr. Wise and his assistant, Sue welcomed me and took wonderful care of me. I was awake during the whole procedure and I did not feel any pain. Dr. Wise and Sue were always asking if I was comfortable and alright. The procedure took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. When I was ready to leave, I was escorted to my car and sent home with instuctions and information on how to care for myself until the stitches would come out in 5 to 7 days. I had some minor swelling and brusing all around my eyes but I was not in any pain. From the day of surgery to the day my stitches were removed I did not experience any pain. I went back 6 days later to have the stitches removed. I actually was more nervous over having the stitches removed then I was about the surgery. Sue escorted me and got me and everything set up. Dr. Wise came in to check on me and to say "hello". He stated how pleased he was with how I was healing and complimented me on how "great" I looked! The stitches were removed with no effort. I thanked Dr. Wise, Sue and the staff for taking such good care of me. I continued using the ice packs, bruising cream and vitamins over the course of the next few weeks as I was advised.. All but one small area on my cheek bone remained bruised after two week from the day I had surgery. All of the other areas seemed healed.

It has been alittle over three months, so I...

It has been alittle over three months, so I decided to add a few new pictures. I cannot say just how much I love my results. I hope anyone considering having this procedure (surgery) will have very good & positive results!!
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

I liked the doctor from my inital consulation. He helped me to decide to have the procedure. I felt like I could trust him to take care of me. When my husband and I arrived at the office we were immediately greeted and made to feel welcomed. The envirnoment was warm and friendly. My consultant, Daniel was kind and considerate. I explained what I wanted to have done and he explained the services that were offered. I was told that I would need to meet with the doctor to go into further detail about what I wanted to have done and what I may expect to see in results in the end. I was going to have to return at a later date to meet with the doctor, but Daniel was able to check to see if the doctor could meet with me while we were there especially because we had traveled some distance to their office. As it turned out Dr. Jeffery Wise was available to meet us. When Dr. Wise entered the room and introduced himself to my husband and I, I liked him instantly. We talked briefly and I asked him directly " looking at me, what do you suggest I have done"? He quickly responded by say "you need to do something about your eyes"! We laughed and I told him that was the reason I was there at the office. I asked him if he thought I needed to do any thing else besides my eyes and he said "No"! I was pleased with his honesty and that he was not trying to sell me services I did not need. After our consultation, I looked at my husband and he said "if this is what you want, then you have my blessing"! I booked my procedure on the spot. Deciding on having this procedure has made me very happy. I am so glad that I went to Lifestyle Lifts. The entire staff at the New Jersey office helped me in making the decision to go forward with the procedure. I am grateful them all. It has been almost three months since I had my procedure done. Everyday when I look in the mirror, I like the person who looks back at me. I love how my husband says how much he loves the way I look. He is happy because he knows how happy I am. I made the right decision by having this procedure and by going to Lifestyle LIfts. Thank you Dr. Wise, Sue and staff!!!

sablebunny--thanx for all the pictures. pictures are helpful. is lifestyle-lift the debby boone commercial on tv? did u get eye surgery twice w/liftstyle-lift? first picture is like me with puffs under my eyes but its kinda blurry and i don't see any wrinkles under your eyes like in your second before picture but your puffs are gone. i hate the puffs under my eyes. but i don't want 2 surgeries. and i am not ready for neck lift yet. probably soon! lol.
Hello anon4444, yes, That is the same company. The facility does multiple types of procedures including blephs, like I had. Technically, you would be correct in saying I did have two procedures but performed at one time. As you can see I was very puffy & wrinkled under my lower eye lids. As far as my uppers, I really did not have much that was visible. That is no longer the case. I love my results & how I look. I like the person who looks back at me in the mirror. I wish you good luck in your quest for success & beautiful results!
It sounds like a lifestyle lift advertisement to me to @lydiainnj. For the record you look great, but your review was confusing and led to people commenting about that . Nothing personal, so don't take it as such. You look good and happy-and that is ultimately the bottom line. Lifestyle Lifts has a not so great reputation in many places and leads to skepticism when it is referenced in reviews.

I appreciate your vigilance in protecting the RealSelf community, embeau, but please contact a community manager if you're doubtful of the authenticity of a post.

I know you meant well. :) But posting publicly is rather rude to the community member who wrote the review (especially since there are photos, so we know she's not a spam robot). We welcome all types of experiences on RealSelf and everyone gets space to share their story, judgement-free.

We have great moderation software, as well as a team of moderators, who are wonderful spam catchers. If you're ever in doubt, drop us an email and we'll look into it.

As a Community Manager, Sharon, your sense of fairness to both reviewer and commenter, is admirable. I never doubted that she had eye lid work performed. Nor did I believe she is a spam bot. Yes, she posted pictures. That said, her review reeks of advertising elements. The Lifestyle Lift website as well as their infomercial displays pictures as well. Obviously, I cannot say for certain; I have not the technology to do so. And I know that Lifestyle Lift has the financial capital to cleverly find ways to advertise, avoiding suspicion from readers who are uninformed and innocent. Perhaps I am unaware of updated RealSelf "reviewer" stipulations? Presently, is advertising permitted (or at the very least--advertiser coaching in regard to posted reviews)? Where may I "drop an email" to? To you? Or is "Tom" at RealSelf still involved with Lifestyle Lift questionable situations? I think only of the unaware future Lifestyle clients -- I truly care about people. I abhor the possibility of a company using this site, even to a slight degree, for commercialism. Please advise. PS Thank you so much for your most helpful and kind email!

Hi Lydia,

I appreciate your input, as always. You can email us here and we'll get back to you about any concerns you have. I do answer emails too, so you may well end up talking to me again :) or I will forward your email to the appropriate person if needed.

Reviews are not allowed to be commercially influenced: they cannot be paid, or coached, or incentivized in any way (e.g. "I'll give you free treatments if you write a great review about me."). It's expected that people will only share their personal opinion, and we've recently taken steps to certify this as well. I'll share more and address any specific concerns you have about any reviews if you get in touch.

All the best,

--Sharon

Sharon, thank you very much! I wanted to share my experience with others but in the end I felt as if I had to defend myself. I am extremely happy with the doctor I choose, the facility where my surgery was performed and my results!! I hope others will have the same positive experience as I have. Again, I really appreciate your support. Best regards, Rose (Sablebunny)
Sharon, thank you again!! Rose (Sablebunny
I just wanted to complement how great you look. It made a big difference for you.... eyes look great!!!! I am going in 2 days and I am really nervous about the procedure but hope that my results will be as good as yours.
Hi and thank you very much!! I love the results and I hope you will too?? I was nervous too but I trusted my doctor completely and felt I was in good hands. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery. Please share your experience, I would love to read about it!! Rose (Sablebunny)
Minnie, Concerning Sablebunny's upper and lower bleph, if you are able to view all four of my comments, you will clearly see that I had only lovely words and compliments for her to enjoy. Another member briefly asked her if she had Lifestyle Lifts or did she have a bleph, so I re-read her review. She mentions "Lifestyle Lifts" a number of times throughout her review. I understood, then, the confusion. Perhaps you are not aware of the fact that Lifestyle Lifts is a moderately expensive PROCEDURE, designed to give women (and men) a less costly version of a proper facelift. Sadly, thousands of people have been disfigured and/or suffer from chronic pain, after having a Lifestyle Lifts. Thankfully, some cases seem to turn out satisfactorily. Having thoroughly researched this large chain corporation, I wish only to share my knowledge of this facial lifting procedure. You see, Minnie, via mass advertising, people associate Lifestyle Lifts not with blephs, but with these mini-face lifts. Since Sablebunny's review was confusing to another member, I could see many other Real Self members also unsure, due to her using the name Lifestyle Lifts so often. I am sure of the validity of my research. And freedom of speech allows me to have merely asked Sablebunny to clarify the content of her review. Why don't you take 15 minutes of your time to easily research Lifestyle Lifts -- and not only the tremendous number of negative reviews by patients and board certified plastic surgeons on Real Self, but all over the World Wide Web! Maybe then you will understand why I felt the need to discuss Lifestyle Lifts in relation to her review. I am simply a caring person who honestly relates to the feelings of women, just like myself, trying to look a little younger and feel a little happier.
SO true @LydiainNJ..I was at a loss to figure out what she had done as well..and Lifestyle lifts is not the way to go..
I know, right? It was good of you to comment! I would think a lot of viewers are confused. And, as you can see, I SO agree with you about Lifestyle Lifts being the wrong place to go.
The review was in no way CONFUSING!!! I had upper and lower eye lid surgery. I LOVE my results, doctor and I appreciate the kind and caring people that took care of me at Lifestyle Lifts!!
Lydia, do me a favor, find someone other than my review to continue your RANT regarding Liftstyle Lifts! This is my review, experiences and opinion!!
Sablebunny, you posted a review. This is the "comments" section. I commented. I never used any vicious words when commenting. YOU DID. I would never use the words "anger" or "angry" in what I write, as you have. I am a peace-loving, non-violent person. As well, I complimented your first submitted pictures. Furthermore, if you read carefully, my last comment concerning your review, was NOT in reply to you. I was briefly agreeing with a comment posted BY ANOTHER REAL SELF CONTRIBUTOR. She, as well, was at a loss to figure out what you had done. Earlier on, YET A THIRD PERSON questioned whether you had a lifestyle lift or a bleph. I'm not the only one unsure, clearly. What you call my "rant" are documented facts about the mega company. (Do let me know if you'd like me to quote State Attorney General findings re: "reviews" and "advertising" and hundreds of Surgeons and Patients, and the list goes on...) Perhaps you need to re-read my most polite and merely informational reply to Minnie's harshly worded comment. I would never write, on this or on any other site, using "angry" words. Let me finally say that I still am confused (your pictures showing your neck differ, frame to frame). I still hope good results for you in the long run. And remember: my last comment was brief, agreeing with another viewer. And not directed to you.
Lydia, I will no longer continue this "electronic conversation" with you any longer. It is clearly obvious the indifference between us. Your words and tone are quite harsh and unappreciated. I am very happy that I finally found a doctor I trusted to do my surgery. I love my results. I posted pictures showing what I looked liked before, during and after healing. yet you found flaw in my pictures? I appreciated your comments & feedback at the start but I will no longer converse on the subject any longer. I wrote about my surgery & experience, period! Unfortunately for you, it became more? I do not need you to educate me on any medical provider or facility. I did my research and made my decision on whom I choose to do my surgery? Good luck with whomever you choose and I hope you will obtain the results you wish to achieve. Please do share your experience along with pictures.

I in no way want this conversation to escalate or to make anyone upset, but I did want to point out something I learned only recently: Lifestyle Lift facilities don't just perform Lifestyle Lifts. They also do eyelid surgery (like Sablebunny's), laser resurfacing, etc.

I mention this because I've been involved with RealSelf for over 6 years and this was news to me! So I think that's where the confusion lies... expecting you to have had a Lifestyle Lift because of the name of the facility, when in fact you had something else. I appreciate you clarifying the procedure you had, for myself and for others.

very good to know and thank you!
Sharon -- Exactly! I know Lifestyle Lift is both the name of a corporation and a quickly performed mini type facelift. The ancillary (additionally offered) procedures do include eye jobs, etc. However people PREDOMINANTLY travel to states where Lifestyle Lift offices are still legally allowed for the Lifestyle Lift face surgery. Some people decide to have eye lifts, alone. Sablebunny's review states "Lifestyle Lift" 5 times directly and several times indirectly. People see her pictures showing a hopefully decent eye job. The review also accomplishes 2 things-- 1. Her repeating of the name Lifestyle Lift may persuade people to associate the name generally with "good results" for eye AND facelifts. This SO often isn't the case. 2. Repeating a company name so often is an advertising technique, often subliminally -- sort of like brainwashing. Why am I so concerned? I have known for years that the company does eye lifts, although mostly their face jobs. I was friendly with a happy and lively woman who went to Lifestyle Lift for, at first an eye lift, then soon after their mini facelift. Her face was maimed immediately. One eye drooped 6 months after. I can still see and hear her with me-- a scarf around her head, sobbing in a parking lot. So sad. You see, it is not sablebunny's eye work I doubted. She has lovely and twinkling blue eyes! But, the wording of the review. I'm done commenting. But please, validate the review as well as can be done. Thanks.
Lydia in NJ - I think you need to stop posting on Sablebunny's review as it is offensive. Hopefully you are not increasing her blood pressure, but I know you have my heart racing in anger. This is not a "commercial" page and Sablebunny posted pics and a review to share her happiness. Start your own discussion about this on your own page, if you have one. I think it's pretty obvious which procedure Sablebunny had done. People on Real Self are not just reading one review and are hopefully not idiots. Good that you are doing your own research but to insinuate that someone is not being honest is rude. Good luck to anyone who is looking into this procedure. I, too, am happy with my results of upper and lower bleph, and I found someone I felt comfortable with. I enjoyed reading reviews here, but I did not find my particular doctor on Real Self. Good luck to you and I hope it turns out great. It's wonderful that Sablebunny is happy with her results. JMO
Minnie, thank you!! I grateful for your support. Yes, you are correct I was both angry and hurt! I simply tried to post my story. What I experienced, where I choose to have my procedure done and by whom. I was honest and straight forward right from the start. Honest enough to post pictures of me without makeup that were taken of me 15 minutes prior to the start of my procedure. Pics of me looking my worst and pics of me as I healed and to how I look today. That's it. This website is wonderful and gives people a place to share their story either good or bad. If someone is looking to see results, hearing the "what can happen" to you or the positives too, then this is the site to be on. It has been helpful on both levels. Since becoming a member I have enjoyed reading the story of many others both good and bad. I have been sadden by some that I have read and I have laughed at some who have wrote funny stories. I am happy for so many and now I too can share my happiness which I though I did. Congrats to you on your procedure and your happiness. Thank you again!
Sablebunny, For your information and for all Real Self members: A Lifestyle Lift is a particular type of mini-facelift, that now and in the past, has been involved in a heated controversy. Lifestyle Lifts has SUED Real Self and WebMD for allowing numerous negative reviews and pictures showing subsequent facial deformities, to be posted. Lifestyle Lifts lost, and told their cases were being dropped. They also tried to sue AglessBeautydotcom and not only was the case thrown out of court, but Lifestyle Lifts had to pay for all legal fees. CBS News in Atlanta televised a long series that criticized Lifestlyle Lifts. So, they tried to sue CBS and also personally sue Miss Fisher, party to the production. Again, Lifestyle Lifts Lost. Legal proceedings have been taken against Lifestyle Lifts by State Attorney Generals in New York and in Florida. It's fine and dandy to post their properly done lifts. But they don't want to play fair. They don't want all the painfully botched jobs reviewed. Yet, isn't this what Real Self is all about? That is, showing and discussing BOTH the good and the bad. Visit the Lifestyles Lift website. The picture of the woman wearing "headphones" looks as if she's selling veggie chopping gadgets! And look at their BBB rating. They list A plus. Look a bit deeper and see that out of 27 locations, only one (1) received this rating. That's great, if you happen to live in Troy, MI. The other 26 locations ARE NOT ACCREDITED. Know that they often display "before" pictures similarly to the style your picture is displayed: sad, blue background, never any makeup, etc. And the happy "after" picture is enhanced with strategic lighting. My instincts were correct. Sablebunny, your Review of your bleph surgery, done by Dr. Wise (who also does Lifestyle Lifts even though he presently doesn't mention a word about it on his personal website! Hmm...) should not falsely lead people to believe that your perhaps good job is in any way connected to the procedure called Lifestyle Lifts. The latter is an often poorly reviewed certain brand of mini-facelift, NOT BLEPHAROPLASTY. If you are as kind as you seem to be, you will post words that will clarify this muddled distinction. Please, do. It's only right.
Lydia, I am not sure what you are trying to gain by posting all of YOUR comments & opinions on MY review of the BLEPHAROPLASTY procedure I had the NJ office of LIfestyle Lifts?? I simply posted what I EXPERIENCED by having this procedure that took me a very long time to decide to have done. This is MY story, ok? NOTHING more!! I have a right to write about what I experienced and where I had my procedure done. I am not trying to endose the facility but simply tell peope where and by whom I had my surgery. I listed who my surgeon ( double board certified facial plastic surgeon) was, is and what MY opinion of him is as well as the others who took care of me. I also posted some of the pictures of have of myself from the day of surgery to a month or so after my surgery. Sorry Lydia, but my "after" picture was taken with my iphone and not the cannon we used for prior pictures. I am not sure WHY I need to explain this to you. Again this was my experience and I really appreciated your first few comments, compliments about me but I do not at this point!! I think it is wonderful if you want to INFORM people of LIfestyle Lifts and all of their "BAD" reports, reviews, etc., but please do not do so on my posting any longer. Bottom line, if someone is considering surgery, any kind of surgery, do the research!! I DID and I made my decision to go to where I choose and who I choose as a doctor to do my procedure. I am VERY HAPPY and I LOVE my RESULTS!! Good luck to you.....
Sablebunny, I certainly think that your "after" photo looks quite good. I don't know about any personal affiliations that your surgeon has professionally secured. So, I cannot and shall not comment about him. You indeed sound like a lovely person and I'm happy you are feeling good about yourself. HOWEVER, upon close inspection of your final "after" picture," I do notice that your eye area is significantly lighter (lightened) than the rest of your face. It reminds me of the old saying in the movies, by savvy actresses: something to the effect of 'an actor is wise to become chummy with the lighting directors, while filming a movie!' You seem genuinely pleased with your bleph results. Although, the trademark name, Lifestyle Lifts, is mentioned quite often within your Review! This led me to research Lifestyle Lifts out of sheer curiosity. Yes, you had an eye job at Lifestyle Lifts, although your review sounds more than a bit like an advertisement for Lifestyle Lifts, in general. That may just be my take of your writing, of course. Several years ago, Lifestyle Lifts, via commercial advertising, popularized a specific type of mini facial lift, that, unfortunately was reviewed with poor and short-lived results, by a great many patients, even here, on Real Self. I will say only this--I know not a great deal concerning their affiliated surgeons who do eye procedures. It is impossible for me to comment concerning Dr. Wise. HOWEVER, a warning to the wise: do your research. Even right here on Real Self! Just type in "lifestyle lifts" in the general search box. Be aware of past issues and litigation. As well, naturally, research potential surgeons for all procedures in which you are interested. Surgeons vary, and may well be excellent performing specific procedures. Just bear in mind that KNOWLEDGE IS VALUABLE! Sablebunny, I am happy for you! I simply wished, in this comment, to share with my fellow Real Self members, the necessity to do their homework, and thoroughly! Your mentioning the name, Lifestyle Lifts often, merely prompted me to further look into their history, more specifically, the Lifestyle Lift facial procedure as well as their reaction to unfavorable reviews. My intention was originally innocent and simply due to interest. Good luck and thanks so much for your "review."