Smart Lipo - Nashville, TN

I have always had a bigger waist and muffin top...

I have always had a bigger waist and muffin top even at a size 6 and 5'10. I work out 3z a week doing weights and cardio. My arms and legs and butt have little fat at all. I finally convinced myself to get lip of the upper and lower abs and flanks. I was soooo scared as I had never had surgery before. But am so glad I did it.

I took arnica tablets from vita medica 3 days before and 10 days after. I had little to no bruising which was a nice surprise. I took Bromelain for swelling and I had only minimal swelling. Once I switched to a stage 1 surgical garment from marina vs the bulky binder I could wear the clothes I wore the day before surgery. I am now day 14 and am a size or two smaller on my waist. No muffin top. And I still have some swelling...and a few hard lumps. I know eventually those will go away but even with I am super pleased. When I bend forward there is no fat hanging down that you can grab!!

Pain wise - I had General Anesthesia with LMA and Percocet right after. Then took lortab round the clock for 3-4 days. Had surgery on Fri morning and went to work Tues. I could have went Monday but it was a holidy. I was glad I had the extra day. Sitting made my abs hurt...standing was much better. At day 14 discomfort is minimal.

My sister is a RN and I stayed with her most of the weekend. I highly reccomend that you have someone with you for atleast 24 hours and ideally 48 hours.

You look great! I am about to have my flanks done, and I had my upper/lower abs done 3 weeks ago. Most of my lumpiness (and discomfort) is located around my belly button...not sure why but I understand that happens to many people. Having had both procedures done, which area seams to be more prone to swelling and lumps? Just wondering what I can expect in my near future.

I had 3000 ccs removed...not sure if that was fat...

I had 3000 ccs removed...not sure if that was fat and fluid or fat only. I am now almost 8 weeks post op and still am swollen. But no longer have to wear compression garments which is nice. I have also started working out again.

Can you please update your review to how you are now? I know it's been a few years now so it would be nice to get a long term perspective on it.

You look awesome! Great results.

Thanks Kate. Yes, I now have a waist!!
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

My consult was very informative and I felt based upon his reputation, clinical explanation and credentials he was the best choice. Also his center is a certified ambulatory center. The CRNA was awesome...I was very nervous and he put me at ease and no nausea afterwards! I elected for Lortab vs Percocet so it could be called in. In retrospect I would have appreciated Percocet for day 2-3. day 3 was the worst for me as expected. Cost was reasonable given I had flanks and upper and lower abs. I did get 10% off a free consult as I attended an open house. His nurses and office staff are very helpful...the first follow up appt was with a nurse.