Liposuction (PLEASE READ TIPS AND BAD EXPERIENCE I WANT YOU TO AVOID HAPPENING)

It is day the 3rd day after surgery and of course...

It is day the 3rd day after surgery and of course I am still swollen and bruised. I must say, before liposuction I read all these reviews online and saw a lot of bad reviews even though MY doctor guarentee'd me otherwise. First Id like to say, if you are overweight and unhealthy in any way do not do this procedure. I had my hips, butt, thighs, inner thighs and knee cap fat (yea apparently that exists) done. I am 22 years old, have ABs but I come from an Italian family where I inheritED wide hips therefore, any inch of fat shows. I run 3-5 miles a day and i go to the gym 6 days a week and im vegan. Trust me im not skinny minny but im very fit. I was 5'5, 145 before surgery with a lot of muscle.

These people on here who are complaining about recovery, they have more bruises than me in 6 weeks than i do in 2 days. IF YOU WEIGH A LOT OR ARE OVER WEIGHT AND UNHEALTHY recovery and the experience is going to be A LOT HARDER. (get a personal trainer and nutritionist before getting liposuction and be patient with results, LIPO IS NOT A QUICK FIX)

So, i am in a lot of pain but expected worse. If you have great friends and mother like i do you will be okay. Lots of laughs and lots of jokes. My friends call me NipTuck or Cripple since I can't walk, I waddle (remember i had MANY AREAS DONE)

****MY NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE AT HOME****
Okay, well i made it out of surgery but when i got home I tried to pee on my own(ohhh trust me, you'll be peeing all day, every 20 mins). I also lost a gauze bandage and tried changing it on my own (8 incisions). BIG MISTAKE, I JUST HAD SURGERY. I got reall lightheaded felt like i was going to vomit so i got down on the floor and hugged the toilet. Well, before i knew it i was sweating and having convulsions. My mother rushed into the bathroom dragged me out naked and i was incoherant. I was pale, my lips were pale, i was unresponsive and had a very VERY low pulse. Thank god my mother was a nurse and she knew to have me keep my eyes open, breath slowly, put me in front of an air condition, etc). It was my blood pressure that dropped. Eventually my blurred vision came back but it was the scariest experience of my life. DO NOT BE ALONE! DO NOT go number 1, number 2 BY YOURSELF! DO NOT BE INDEPENDENT, YOU CANT DO IT ON YOUR OWN, I TRIED AND ALMOST DIED. IF i was home alone, id be dead not from liposuction but from STUPIDITY!

Tips:

Go to the local health food store (whole foods) and pick up ARNICA MONTANA tablets, it is a homeopathy therapy treatment. Take it 2 days before surgery and 5 after. It is for trauma, bruisiing and swellintg. WORKS WONDERS, ask your doctor.

-DO RESEARCH, find out as much as you can and talk to your doctor. I had a list of questions for my doctor. He is the number one doctor in (Connecticut and New York/NYC). Regardless of their reputation you hold on money, no question is stupid. I am vegan and take a lot of suppliments. Suppliments interact with anastesia, make sure you give them every one you take.

-GET A PHYSICAL. I didn't have one for years. It is your responsibility to get a yearly checkup. You need your heart and lungs checked. (Kanye West's mom died to irresponsibility and not listening to her internist about a heart condition)-

-Have gatorate, g2, whatever electrolyte enhancement. You need fluids. I made my nightstand a pharmacy the day before surgery. G2, cups, gauze, medical tape, medications, etc.

-DON'T BE ALONE

-IF YOU CAN, BUY A BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR. I check mine daily. Make sure you have a thermometer, you will get low grade fevers (anything past 101 call your doctor)

Oh! come on its not that bad. I got mine done from hips and inner thighs I guess 2 kg of Fat, which is a lot minus the water content. I blacked out in the toilet because I decided to immediately go to he toilet after the operation since the drip in my arm caused the urge, however I could not urinate because my bladder muscles were not responsive after the general anesthesia but in 10 minutes I regained composure. The nurse gave me Lasix that enabled somehow my bladder muscles to contract but in spurts of small contractions so I urinated every 10 minutes for the next one one hour. I was good to go in 12 hours.I kept padded sheets to absorb blood+water oozing at night. I felt ready for office in a weeks time.Pain I tolerated well. A friend dropped me home. I stayed in my room mostly. Told my parents two months after surgery. I never put weight on in that place again, but other places yes. So over all it was a relief and I pray for my Doctor who served as a boon for me. Be mentally strong that's all you need.

I am interested in having inner thigh from knee to groin, outer thigh, and lower abs. I am a professional dancer and these areas no matter what my training have always been a problem. I would like to know how much the bruising will be and recovery for real, since I have to schedule when I am not in training, what is level of discomfort. Also price that is the going rate for Long Island.

what doctor did you go to?
Thanks
I had liposculpture done on August 5th , 2009 on my whole back, my whole stomach, my hips , under my buttocks ,the first time I went to use the bathroom I was fine, nothing happened I was scared bacause I read so many things online, but it was fine , I took a shower the next day by myself , took all the bandages off which was the worse part cause that tape sticks to ur skin like crazy clue and put the garment on , now its been close to 6 days my right side is more swollen than my left side , hope is normal. having some pain standing up and sitting down but no major pain .hope cant wait to finally stop using this garment it is driving me crazy. hope u are doing much better now
you should be fine by Sunday! yous will be sore but that area did not hurt very long on me...the garmet will be cumbersome so wear baggy pants!
I am having lipo on my upper thigh-hip area on Friday. I am 6'0 160ish lbs. I work out many times a week and was a former college athlete. The famous saddleback area seems to stay with me no matter what I do. My doctor has told me that I dont have a large volume to remove. What should I expect as far as pain, bruising etc. I am planning to come back to work on Tuesday following the surgery.
What you experienced was orthostatic hypotension. NOT LIFE THREATENING. It's a drop in blood pressure when you get up too quickly or when you are post surgical or when you urinate (lose fluid volume which helps keep blood pressure up) You would have passed out for a minute or so, just as if you had just donated blood or plasma. Prop your feet up, put an ice pack on your forehead and drink water. (OF course you would need someone to help you with this)
What you had was vasovagal and it is not uncommon and is not life threatening as you think. I advise my patient that first time you change the dressing, you should be in bed. If feel nauseous and sweating, immediately lie down, increasing the circulation to brain and you feel better in few minutes. There is also something called post-micturating syncope, which happens to normal person who pass large amount of urine, at any given time. It is very rare though.
I have to laugh, your story almost mirrors mine! I too am (was) a thick (not out of shape or overweight) healthy Italian girl that had my first LIPO on tummy and thighs when I was 28..now at 50 I tried Vaser, on May6th2009, and also replaced my 325cc silicone breasts with new breasts 533cc, my only regret is that I didnt do it sooner! I agree although I am fit and healthy in all aspects except ALWAYS had extra fat deposits on my REAR( which for some reason I did not have done during first LIPO??), girlfriends would say "OH your beautiful BE CONFIDENT!!" Well I did Vaser and look and feel FIERCE at 50! Went for D+ silicone boobs as well! Dont waste your money on saline (they shrink) Life is good treat yourself, but realize there is SORE major numbness but it is tolerable! I was out to eat and lite shopping the very next day! All in all I had hips, flanks, inner and outer thigh and breast implants and was healthy enough to have positive results.Plus my younger boyfriend was a great help! Best of luck.
I am interested in talking to you about lipo. I go for my conceltation in a few days. Can you email me {edited contact information} Editor note To contact this user privately click on their username.
Wow! Thank you very much for those tips! That was a scary experience you had there!