Liposuction???

Everything was excellent except the results least...

Everything was excellent except the results least so far.

Tomorrow is week 7 after tummy lipo.

I'm 46 yrs. old (no kids) and was in excellent athletic shape before the procedure. I am stuck with what my doctor says is "loose skin" just above my belly button but it does NOT look like loose skin and it feels very tender.

I am desperate and devastated that these results might be permanent. HELP! She was Board Certified highly recommended and procedure was done in hospital under general

I'm not sure of the results yet, it all hinges on how things end up

The same things happened to me and I am only 26. I now have very low self-esteem, I make excuses to stay away from the beach or anywhere having to wear a bathing suit. I excercise like crazy to try not tighten my abdominal area but nothing helps. I don't have the financial means to correct the lipo I ha done and I am scared that it might come out worse. I know exactly what you are going through
Update: It is three years later and I look the same. I am certain the doctor was negligent and greedy. A poor result means a potential returned client for tummy tuck. I never wanted a tummy tuck and I don't want one now. That is major surgery and I don't want a scar that cuts across my whole body. I continue to do research and the claims that the results are due to poor skin laxity in older patients is a crock. The poor results are from a poor surgeon end of story. A skilled surgeon knows not to touch the area above the belly button. I also never asked for this - only for a below the belly button touch up. It may be easy for some on this service to say just go back for more surgery...I don't have that kind of disposable income. I did my research before I found a doctor, she is board certified and made all kinds of claims on her site. Never again...and such doctors should be ashamed of themselves as they know what they do...
I'm sorry for the what was done to you, Lipowmn, I too was highly recommended to a board certified surgeon who lied about the surgery he would perform in every conceivable way, he damaged my structure so intensely that Reconstruction was never an option for me from the moment I got out of surgery convulsing and in excruciating pain. Btw, if you can locate the Yale article, I'd really like to see it. i searched for it, to no avail. Thanks,
Hi all, there is hope! I had much worse done to me by a surgeon and found that sunset cosmetic surgery in LA were revision specialist and I look 50 times better. May I add, this was my 5th attempt at fixing my botched lipo and I travelled from Australia. Please go on their site and contact them! I am beginning to live again!
This is my story exactly. The doctors behavior to me actually became abusive as it became clear what she had done to me. Had there been witnesses to what happened at my appointments there is no doubt she would have been stripped of her license.Are you in Vancouver? Eight years later I still hope to find others who were destroyed by her and who may have the means to make her accountable for her actions so that I can lend testimony of my experience to their case. The mental scarring destroyed me but there is no one to go to when you 'asked for it' despite that I was mutilated in ways I not only didn't ask for but specifically said were not to be included. Apparently it was my failing to not have voice recorded the closed door appointments.
It is unbelievable how much this has ruined my life. I am a fitness instructor for over 20 years. People look to me for motivation and want to look like me. I conceal this "upper bump" as much as possible. I cant reveal my abdominal area at all. This includes swimming. My body image has diminished. Forget sex..not even the dark can hide the bumpy, irregular and just overall deformed look of my abdominal wall. I used to complain about a little pooch from a myomectomy surgery. I figured since I had a scar already this "little" procedure would help with the scar tissue. I would give anything to have my little pooch back. The doctor should have turned me away. I wonder if they even do this. I specifically told the doctor that it was my intent on entering a figure competition. I always had a four pack and was dreaming of a six pack. My dreams are shattered. I used to be a happy outgoing person. Now I teach my classes, fake the funk and go home and hide. No one should have to live like this.
Gettinhere --- You are right. So right. I am so sorry that this happened to you. It is the worst experience that I have had to deal with. Granted I haven't had cancer or lost a child which are maybe greater but its damn close. I do not understand why they perform the surgery at all with the chance or ruining even one person's self esteem, sex, and social life and shatter their body image. I can't imagine that they would enjoy seeing their wives' or girlfriends in our state. I really can't I don't get it. It is truly a shame. I don't get why this happened to you, me or any of the others on this site that feel exactly like we both do about life now. It constantly eats at me. It erodes my every being. I hope that you can get past the surgery and get to a better place. I so get the old you being so happy. I was so incredibly happy, i found the good in even the worst circumstances and people. Hence, my profile picture. Not so more. I do not trust, I do not laugh, I do not engage. I merely exist.
Hey try non surgical options like Coolsculpting for that upper bulge.
your Doctor previously should explain you that when there is xtra skin uuper from belly bootom the option is TT or mini TT, skin is loose and also muscle of inner abd are loose and needed to be thighten , righy now as you said is not loose but tender this is because after procedure you could have either a contained seroma (retained liquids from the preocedure that became solid ) or fibrosis qich a response to the agression of the lipo , TO get rid of this now you can only use girdle for a longer time and have some aparatology treatment to get it smoother as Ultrasound vs cavitation, Final recomendation wait a while at least 6 month and have the correct surgery , i do not think this will get back to what you wish
my darling , remember that you can do still a lot , to change this condition, thank God , there is so still so much to do , to get it better and to make you satisfied with next results , so just wait your time , and replan your surgery , what you can not do , it is just regret about wha t is past , think now for the next month coming who are you going to choose , and I am pretty sure you wil be happy with next results, maybe what failed was comunications about final results with selected procedure
i too look like you.. I had to have liposuction of the abdomen to get fat to put back into my thigh area after a botched smartlipo procedure. The doctor said that I would have irregularity and I did. Just as yours. I am now 2 and 1/2 yrs post op. the only suggestion other ps's say now is that I need a tummy tuck. I am sorry for you. Maybe having more lipo to even the areas out may help. I wasn't willing to allow any more liposuction on my body any more. It really doesn't look to bad. Maybe fat transfers for you.
The very same thing has happened to me. I am devastated as well. My surgeon has told me that I am still healing. Its been two years! He did a botch job and I am deformed now. :(
Im so sorry. I knew right form day it wasn't going to get better. I also read an article...if I can figure out how to post it here I will generated by Yale that the idea that older women have loose skin that hinders good results after liposuction is a fallacy - the "deformity" was have comes from unskilled or overly aggressive surgeons...who should know that in older women NOT to touch the area above the belly button. I've already seen another surgeon and the only way to fix it is with a tummy tuck...another major surgery that I don't think I am willing to endure...
It is possible that you may need a touch up in that area. I had lipo of my torso and hips/flanks and inner and outer thighs in April. I had a noticeable difference on my right love handle. Still very swollen, but the bruises appear to be in the right area. My touch up was yesterday He took out an additional 400cc's on the left and 600cc's on the right...it was at no charge except for my $75.00 copay for the surgical procedure, not sure how he pulled that off so I would not have to pay the full outpatient surgical center portion. Good luck to you and keep us posted It had only been 2 months from my origional surgery, but both the Dr and I thougth I was about where I would be from the origional surgery, and there was no need to wait more time to see if things would change. But I have decided that this is it....what ever the out come I can live with it for now.
I can only tell you what my doc told me when I had lipo 2 days ago and that was don't expect to see the full results until 6 months. Have you been wearing a garment? You still look swollen to me so it may just take time or she may have to do a little more lipo in your upper abdomen. My doc was very clear when he told me that I may experience some loose skin or dimpling in the upper abdomen because I was not doing a tummy tuck so I am expecting to see some of that. You may still be healing