Liposuction Hurts Like HELL but I Look Great!

Had tumescent to my upper arms, abdominal, hips,...

Had tumescent to my upper arms, abdominal, hips, flanks/back, and chin. My biggest complaint was waking up from the anesthesia - that was horrible. Today is day 3 from the procedure and I feel like i got hit by a bus. My muscles are very weak in my abs, and arms.

I'm wearing my compression garment which is a tight girdle, and power pantys. I have gauze wrapped around my arms. The gauze feels good around my arms. I took a shower today by myself and can move around okay enough. But it hurts to sit or lie down. This is not extremely painful but if you've ever had a C-section it's almost what it feels like when you come home from the hospital - all swooshey and achey. When I loosten up the girdle and pantys to pee - my muscles ache.

Yesterday (day 2) was gross. My husband took off my bandages to redress them; i'm not squeemish but this was disusting and the smell of blood was overpowering. Make sure you have someone home with you on DAY 2 or whatever day your surgeon recommends you change the bandages because YOU CANNOT DO THIS ALONE!!!!

THe day of the procedure the marked me up the the markers, made me sign forms then wheeled me into the dr's OR. I got some sleepy causing IV meds and woke up alright but when the side effects hit me - shivvering uncontrollabley, the cold/freezing feeling, and inability to talk coheriently for about 30 minutes - i was pissed off. All the while the dr's assistants are wrapping you up in gauze, pads, etc. After about 1hr in recovery i went home and had a MC'D's milikshake. The best thing i could have done (nurse recommended it). It filled my belly, felt good on my throat. I was SO thursty during day 1 and 2. I was up every 20 minutes having to pee and drank lots of fluids but the feeling of not feeling thursty took about 2 days to go away.

Will i do this again - I don't think so only because i think physically this was more thyatn i imaginged. BUT -I LOOK GREAT!!! I do not have the fat rolls on my back anymore. My stomach - though looks like swiss cheese gone greenmolded and blue, is flat. I no longer have a double chin.

I look forward to going out of the house tomorrow and increasing my activity level - SLOWLY. And yes, i took the painkillers. They helped day 1 and 2. TOday i'm on regular tylenol.

Good luck.

The tummy tuck and lipo is probably the best decision I've ever made in my life. There was pain afterwards but nothing unbearable. I'd do it 10 times over again and the results are absolutely astonishing. Don't scare yourself reading everything online. You won't regret it if you find a good doctor. Do your homework. Don't go for the cheapest route or with who does the most advirtisements. Good doctors don't need advirtisements, their patients and results speak for themselves. Good luck!
At least your honest about it. I've been debating about liposuction in Chicago just in my inner thighs but I'm scared it's going to hurt super bad. I could deal with some muscle soreness but I just don't want to be stuck in bed not being able to walk pain.
It's not that kind of pain at all. You'll be sore but you'll walk fine. The pain is during the procedure itself. Afterwards you'll just have the lingering soreness, much like when you work out too hard at the gym.
Dr. Robert Cattanni

He is a very nice doctor and from my results very capable