Liposuction of the Arms

I would consider myself someone that is in the gym...

I would consider myself someone that is in the gym often and wanted my arms to be better sculpted so I decided to have what little fat I had left in my arms removed. It's only been 33 days since surgery and I have not been able to get back into the gym yet but soon. I am really looking forward to pumping up my arms and seeing the real results come to life.

I am very happy I had it done although I am bummed that I am losing my established muscle fast. It takes 30 days to lose the muscle and will take me 60+ days to build it back. But I do think in the long run I will be happy with what I chose to do.

The downsides to having liposuction done to my arms is the garment I had to wear for the first 3 weeks was awful, I am tall so my arms are longer than usual and it did not fit right, it irritated my elbows so they became raw. The other thing I disliked was it was visable to everyone since the strap came right across the collarbone. So needless to say I didn't want to leave the house. My arms are still a numb and VERY stiff as though the muscles and tendons shrunk so when I bend my arms or lift them it is very painful. I can't complain though I did choose to do this.

Choose a Dr. that will take just a little more time to answer your questions and offer up some new things to think about. A Dr. that makes you feel rushed is never going to work to benefit you. But, if you don't ask your questions then they can't be blamed for not being able to read your mind.

Don'T Do It! Read all of the comments above, including the one I posted post-op!
My arms aged me at least 10 years! They ended up looking very saggy and wrinkled!
I have since gone to a different surgeon and had them tightened and they look better (not as good as they did before the lipo-but definitely better.)
I now have solid scars underneath my upper arms and under my underarms, but they only show when I lift my arms.
Hi, sorry I'm three years late in joining the convo, but I will give it a go in posting this anyways... Has anyone experienced sag post lipo? I am 25 and wanting to get arm, upper back, and arm pit lipo done but I have the tiniest bit of sag in my arm pits and I'm worried that this could result in skin sag post-op... Any advice from your own experience? Thanks!
Well my results are really good, I'm happy. But if you already have some sagging then I'm not sure it will work...but your 25 so it's possible. I would get a free opinion from a plastic surgeon. I only have 2 small scars on both arms.
Wow, you sound like your in much better shape than I am. I must say I really don't see too much of a difference. I do think I have a slightly better shape now but, was it worth it? I guess so, anything for me is better. My arms measured 10" and are now at 9 1/2". Remember they need to leave a layer of fat around the arm so you don't get puckering (Tara Reid's belly) my slight swing I had under my arm I would say is now gone. I didn't tell my brother I had it done and when he saw me in a tank at 3 months post op he said "Damn nice to see your taking care of yourself!" So, I think yes, it helped he's a very honest person and doesn't blow smoke just to make you feel better. My one bit of advice is ask about the scar you will have on your elbow. I didn't and was kind of taken back when I saw I had a scar at all. I know stupid of me but I kind of thought they would go through my arm pit but no it's the elbow and that only makes sense when you think about it. I would say in the end when I look in the mirror I now see more definition in my shoulders because my arm is slight smaller now, so I wouldn't say my triceps don't look any more defined. My arm just looks thiner so it makes my shoulder stand out, which I do love. By the way I am currently 4 months post op and still have numbness in the under part of my arm, it tingles in areas. On a side note: I have always dreamed about taking an aerobic class but I am afraid of looking stupid when I don't know what to do, think I could do it? Do you really get much out of doing it? Hope I was some help, I am happy to share so ask away if you have more questions. Nancy
Thank goodness I found you girls..I too am very active and I"m interested in getting a tight toned tricep underneath..I am 37 most people would say I have amazing triceps but the skin is starting to sag..Can you ladies describe the amount of skin tightening you received from the treatment..I don't think there is much fat under my arm I would just like to see about an inch of the skin tightened. Your input is greatly appreciated. Ps I was supposed to have the procedure done today... but chickened out. Btw I am a fitness instructor and teach 5-6 aerobic type classes a day. How do you think this procedure would effect my work? Thanks in advance.
Don't do it!! I didn't have that much to take out but my doctor took way too much. I have a seam that runs up the back of my arm where the skin looks fused. it is lumpy in areas and looks really bad. I miss my old arms! They were great and toned and now I have arms that look like something took a bite out of them.
Hi Nancy. Hope all is well. I'm on Day 39, & still not seeing the measurements go down. I've lost half a centimeter. I far cry from where I want to be. Oddly enough, the area as a whole (upper arm & upper back) do look slimmer. How's your results going with the upper arm area, have you lost any more inches? Also I started working out at the gym doing cardio for the past 2-3 weeks and just started strength training this week. Are you back in the gym and if so, are u seeing more results with that?
I posted my stats on my review. I guess just click on my screen name and that should lead you to it. It's titled "Hoping tumescent lipo will help petite frame" or something like that. Actually, this morning I woke up and suddenly felt less swollen and I definitely weighed less. I was 108 the morning of the surgery. Then 110 afterwards, and this morning I was down to 106. I'll keep you posted on any of my improvements. And yes, my arms are numb, and tender if grabbed or hit too hard.
I'm no model, but nice thought! If your arms were only 10" to begin with it sounds like your a very small person to begin with too. I am still only a 9 1/2"but my arms are more sculpted than they were, I am looking forward to finishing off the look in the gym. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking, and did you have any other procedure done outside of your arms? A side note is my arms are still pretty tender and a little numb are your arms like that too?
Man, you are skinny! You must be a model or something :) Losing 1/2 an inch is a big deal for those of us who are just looking for a better contour. So I'm so happy that you at least got that so far! I started off 10" like you, and am aiming for 9-9.25". I am now 15 days post op and no changes. :( Thanks for the encouragement though, I am looking forward to seeing the improvements you've seen.
My results are not worthy of a photo. Most people would say I didn't need the work done to begin with, in fact no one in my life will know since I don't feel the need to tell them. I don't want you to feel that what you did wasn't worth the cost, healing and annoyance of wearing the garment. So you need to know my stats to understand. I am 5'9" and weigh 121 pounds and am 37yrs young! ha, My arms were never "large" to begin with, my measurement was 10" and now is 9 1/2". I had them sculpted. I knew my results would be very slight. But, when I had that done I had many other procedures done at the same time. My Dr. had me stop wearing the garment at 3 weeks but the more they take out the longer you will need to wear the garment. I am 41 days post op. I am happy to share any info that I can. Nancy
My Dr. told me that the end result would be slight since my arms were not huge to begin with. But for me I still had swelling at 3 weeks. You need to wear a garment on your arms, are you? That will really help and only take it off when you shower. Remember when you have lipo they push fluid into your arms for the tissue to absorb so that takes time to leave your body and it goes away quicker with a garment. Hope this helps, if you have more questions feel free to ask. Nancy
Thanks Nancy. I am wearing the garment but not 24/7. Probably more like 16-18 hours a day. Just because I need to be out with family and friends and its suspicious wearing a jacket in the current Cali weather conditions. Do you have your pre-op and post-op measurements? What are they? Or do you have pics to post? Thanks.
Nancy, Thanks so much for your review...it's very helpful to me! I just had breast enhancement, a lift, and arm lypo on April 3rd. Breast enhancement and lift have been easy as compared to the lypo. I'm having a lot of discomfort with my arms. Wore the garment for 24 hours per day for two weeks. Then for 23 hours per day for two more weeks, per doctor's instructions. Took it off today! Been doing a lot of riding in a car, so maybe this is part of the problem. Question: Are you scheduled for a procedure (can't remember the name) to have a machine that is supposed to massage your arms and even them/smooth them out? I'm supposed to start the first of five sessions 4 days from now, but think I'll be too sore.
So how long did it take for you to see results in your arms? I am 9 days post-op and they do look slightly better but according to the measuring tape they are the exact same size.
How are your results? Is the skin underneath the arm tighter?Thanks Im on the fence about doing this procedure..