Tear Trough Restylane Injections for Dark Circles - Chicago, IL

I went in to the doctor's office today for a...

I went in to the doctor's office today for a follow-up on my lipo (see my other review) and ended up asking about Restylane for my hereditary dark circles, which I have had since my early 20's. Leslie Forrester is a nurse at the office and she ended up doing my injections.

Leslie was very nice and made me feel at ease. I expected the injections to be very painful due to the proximity to my eyes, but she did a great job. It felt just like tiny pin pricks and I only winced a few times.

I was told that some people bruise and some don't, but I already know that I bruise easily. So, I expected more bruising than usual and Leslie confirmed that my bruising was pretty bad. She actually apologized for bruising me up so much, but I've been this way my whole life, so it wasn't her fault.

I am posting a "before" picture that I took a few weeks ago with no make-up and then I took a few today. I have no idea if the restylane is worth it for me yet and probably won't for a week or so once the swelling goes down. LOL - my face is bruised and my body is terribly bruised from last week's lipo. I look like I got hit by a bus! I'll post more pics once the swelling subsides.
I bruised horribly after voluma injections. Hope your bruising goes away! Now I still have lines since my bruising.
next time u see ur dr. ask them if they use a micro blunt cannula to inject the restalyne because it causes the least amount of bruising. If ur dr. is just using a standard needle for injection then u will likely bruise again

I went in today and talked to Leslie because I just don't see much of a change. She said that it was hard to tell since I'm still so bruised.

However, she asked me to wait one week and she'll re-do at no charge if we don't see a change in a week once the bruising is gone.

I may not know yet how I feel about the restylane, but I'm happy that Leslie is standing behind her work. I appreciate the good service just hope I don't have to take her up on her offer!
hello burbuja, to keep bruising minimum dont take fish oil or any blood thinner meds. The eyelid areas are very tricky and everyone react differently and is very dangerous. You should just leave the eyelid areas alone. But you cant live life fearing the worst of everything. (personally if i were the PS i would just recommend you to leave that area alone)
Thanks for the feedback.. I will keep in mind for the next attempt.

Still thinking about this...

My bruises are almost gone and I will post a pic once they are totally gone. I'm fairly certain that my dark circles are a *little* lighter, but not much. I have decided not to take Leslie up on her offer to re-inject at no charge. I would love to do this, but I have a lot of business travel coming up and I don't think that I can handle the bruises. Besides, after the lipo and the facial bruising, I think I just need a break from looking beat up!

I believe that she did a good job, but just didn't use quite enough. So, what I'll do is plan to see her again in a few months when I can take a few days off. I'll ask her to use more than last time and even if I have to pay a bit extra to have more restylane, I think it'll be worth it to get the results I want.

More to come...
Hello burbuja, I have been reading about this for a while, because I have this problem ! Could you please update and post a photo how it looks now, after one month of this injection? Please help us understand and be informed. The sites of the doctors show only good results and about dark circles are not many, which is suspicious. Thanx in advance !
Hello burbuga. Have you considered brand name Eyeglasses ?? some of the eyeglasses nowadays look very stylish and cool. Very few people have perfect 20.20 eye vision. I am sure you can benefit from prescription Eyeglasses. This way the eyeglasses can block out the dirk circles under your eyes and your eyes would benefit from perfect vision.

Noticing some difference...

I'm writing this update while I'm on a business trip abroad. While I don't see a huge difference in the injections on a day to day basis, now that I'm fighting jet lag, I can really tell. Normally when I do trips across multiple time zones, I look TERRIBLE. Now that I'm on my first trip post-injections, I look relatively refreshed even though I feel like crap. This fact alone makes it worth it.

So.. next time, I'll ask for a bit more restylane AND I will get the injections when I can take a few days off for the bruising, However, I can definitely say at this point that I do feel like it was worth it, even if I don't have impressive before/after pics. Looking normal when I'm going on next to no sleep is wonderful.
Do you have updated pics? I would love to see your final results as i am considering this treatment. Thank You.
Hello burbuja. have you consider Permanent filler "Silikon 1000" so you dont have to keep coming back to the doctor office over and over and over again.
Leslie Forrester, RN

Leslie was warm and friendly. While I don't know yet if I'll like the Restylane, I did like the way she injected.