Blown Away - Chicago, IL

A lot of people have told me "that's actually a...

A lot of people have told me "that's actually a nice tattoo, don't remove it!", but it's my body and my choice. I chose to remove it because it faded a lot, and it looked more like a giant bruise to me than a galaxy. The background is far too huge for my liking. I looked up my options for removal and I came across Picosure. After reading that Picosure is the gold-standard in laser removal, that it hurts a lot less than traditional lasers, and that it takes months, possibly years off of the normal time a tattoo removal takes, I knew there was no other option. I saw a doctor in Oakbrook Terrace and he used this awesome analogy to compare Picosure to normal lasers: Imagine breaking every window on Michigan Avenue (in Chicago). We could either use a hammer, and that would be a traditional laser, or we could fly a fighter jet down the street and bust every window, which would be like using Picosure. I was really scared to start the treatment, and for good reason. It hurt horribly. I usually deal with pain very well, but the feeling of bacon splatter (which is how the laser felt) against sensitive areas near my armpit was awful. Some areas didn't hurt very much, but I just kept telling myself to hang in there. This is SO WORTH IT. In just one session I am blown away at how much this laser has done. I'm going to suck it up and go for as many treatments as I need, because this is truly amazing and everything I could ever hope for in the process of removing a tattoo. The cost was $800 for the first time and $750 every subsequent time. My tattoo is 35 square inches.

Wow that is an amazing change after only one treatment!   Keep us updated on the entire process.  I can't wait to see results as you go through additional treatments.

Do you have white ink in your tattoo as well? If so, was the white ink put on top of your other colours or directly on your skin? Has it faded out?
The white was on top of all of the ink and faded after the tattoo healed :( my skin doesn't hold onto white very well for some reason

One week after treatment

Holy itchy! My skin is so dry and it's peeling, much like a sunburn. I'm so glad I didn't get any huge blisters, though. I'd much rather deal with the peeling than a blister. I've noticed some hypopigmentation, but that's fine with me. I would rather have white spots on my back than this tattoo!
have your white dots gone down with time?
A few months after the tattoo healed, the dots disappeared completely, which was disappointing because I loved the dots.
Have you had any more treatments? I would love to see the progress.

Two months after the second treatment

Here's my healed tat after my second Picosure removal treatment. They had to use a different laser to attack the yellow colors in the tattoo because the Picosure laser wasn't doing much to it.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Would love an update, have you had anymore treatments?
The purple got destroyed! Would you be willing to give us an update please? :-)
Doctor T.

Doctor T. Is very informative and made me feel comfortable. I have a feeling that he will continue to take good care of me during this procedure.