Blown Away - Chicago, IL

A lot of people have told me "that's actually a...

A lot of people have told me "that's actually a nice tattoo, don't remove it!", but it's my body and my choice. I chose to remove it because it faded a lot, and it looked more like a giant bruise to me than a galaxy. The background is far too huge for my liking. I looked up my options for removal and I came across Picosure. After reading that Picosure is the gold-standard in laser removal, that it hurts a lot less than traditional lasers, and that it takes months, possibly years off of the normal time a tattoo removal takes, I knew there was no other option. I saw a doctor in Oakbrook Terrace and he used this awesome analogy to compare Picosure to normal lasers: Imagine breaking every window on Michigan Avenue (in Chicago). We could either use a hammer, and that would be a traditional laser, or we could fly a fighter jet down the street and bust every window, which would be like using Picosure. I was really scared to start the treatment, and for good reason. It hurt horribly. I usually deal with pain very well, but the feeling of bacon splatter (which is how the laser felt) against sensitive areas near my armpit was awful. Some areas didn't hurt very much, but I just kept telling myself to hang in there. This is SO WORTH IT. In just one session I am blown away at how much this laser has done. I'm going to suck it up and go for as many treatments as I need, because this is truly amazing and everything I could ever hope for in the process of removing a tattoo. The cost was $800 for the first time and $750 every subsequent time. My tattoo is 35 square inches.

One week after treatment

Holy itchy! My skin is so dry and it's peeling, much like a sunburn. I'm so glad I didn't get any huge blisters, though. I'd much rather deal with the peeling than a blister. I've noticed some hypopigmentation, but that's fine with me. I would rather have white spots on my back than this tattoo!

Two months after the second treatment

Here's my healed tat after my second Picosure removal treatment. They had to use a different laser to attack the yellow colors in the tattoo because the Picosure laser wasn't doing much to it.
Doctor T.

Doctor T. Is very informative and made me feel comfortable. I have a feeling that he will continue to take good care of me during this procedure.

Are you seeing a difference after your 2nd treatment. We have very similar colors.. Just curious how you feel about it.
Hello! How are you and your progress? :) You have some amazing results so far and am very exited about how the third treatment will be.  When are you planning to have the third treatment? :)
Incredible, it just blew the purple out...I have purple in my tattoo but no picosure near :(
Hey what laser are they using for the yellow I'm having the same problem with picosure not working on that colour
I think they used the q-switch laser, but I'll double check next time I go in to be positive.
AlexTriVantage for my treatments - yellow is responding well.
have your white dots gone down with time?
A few months after the tattoo healed, the dots disappeared completely, which was disappointing because I loved the dots.
nice, but i was referring to the hypo you had after your first treatment. did that normalise over time? looks like it has gone down in the next picture.
Oh! Yep, it's completely gone now. :)
Have you had any more treatments? I would love to see the progress.
Can we get an updated picture? Hope it's going well
I want to remove a purple rose on my knee (same color as your purple). I'm going for my first treatment on November 9th. I hope I get results like this! Keep us updated please. I will start a post once I get mine. the money part of this is what makes me sick the most (ahhhhhh money & stupid decisions). But thanks again!
The purple in my tattoo is completely gone after one treatment. Hopefully that happens to your rose too! The site won't let me post a link, but it's lipodoc(dot)com. The Oakbrook terrace office has picosure!
Wow your results are looking AWESOME!! I'm so excited for you, this gives a lot of hope to people wanting to get this procedure done. And I'm sure all the skin discoloration will go away with some time! Skin always rejuvenated itself. Anyway, can you give me the link to the place you are going to? :)
The skin discoloration totally faded, I'm super happy about that! The site won't let me post a direct link, but it's www(dot)lipodoc(dot)com There are multiple offices, but the one that has Picosure is in Oakbrook Terrace:
Hi and thanks for the time you put into this review. How does the fading look in the dense ink area with the cross? I have a tribal with that same thickness and after 3 -4 weeks post picosure i am not really impressed with my fading.
I'm not impressed by my arrow shading either, but it has faded a tiny bit. It may be because I've had that arrow touched up 3 times, so the ink is probably very heavy in that area
I am excited to see your results progress. I also have a large piece on my back I am looking to get rid of once I save up enough money.
Wow - nice fading. Are you using anything for the itch and dryness? Did the dr give you any instructions on what to use after a week?
The doctor gave me hydrocortisone cream and told me to use it for the itching, but honestly lotion is working just fine!