Loved the Results and Experience from Liposelection from VASER

Wow, I am not sure as to where to start. I had...

Wow, I am not sure as to where to start. I had the Liposelection by VASER this past Wednesday and I feel and look amazing 4 days later. I was totally scared of the entire process even though I knew that I wanted this procedure done.

I first started with finding research on the Liposelection by VASER and was highly impressed!!!! This helped me to ease my fear of the entire process. I have had two children and had the extra weight gain that most people experience with pregnancies. My stomach and leg areas needed help, regardless of how many Pilate exercises and hours that I spent on the Elliptical machine, my problem areas were not getting any better. I went for a consultation last week and had surgery this past Wednesday.

I know that I am only 4 days out of surgery but can tell a HUGHE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!! I was awake during the entire process and only experienced some mild soreness the day after surgery. By Friday I was up and walking around with little to no pain. I had a total of 9 incisions and did not feel anything during the process. Since the surgery I have only had to take 3 pain tablets since Wednesday!!!! How great is that?!!

As if that was not enough my incisions have gradually stopped draining and I feel 100% and went back to work today. I can say with confidence that I am excited with each day as I know that results will continue to flourish. My family can tell a big difference in my appearance even though I am still a little swollen in my stomach area. I would definitely recommend anyone with problem areas to consider this procedure. I would undergo this procedure again in a hear beat. I still can’t believe how great this whole process has been for and my family. I totally feel like a new me and am inspired to be totally committed to myself and my body again!!!

Doctor C

Six Months Update - After six months I am both pleased and disappointed. I'm way middle-aged and had the lipo for saddlebag thighs that really were never going away on their own. The surgeon was very realistic on what I could expect and made sure to mention that I would not have my smooth 30-year old thighs back, just less of the middle-aged thighs I had. He was so right. I wish now that I had measured my thighs/butt before the surgery. Don't know why on earth I didn't! My thighs are definitely smaller and my pants/slacks/skirts fit much, much better. On the other hand, they are more wrinkley and rippled than they were before - the bad side of skin that's no longer elastic. Not pretty out of clothes but much easier to fit into clothes!
Six months post lipo, I'd say the results are mixed. My thighs are smaller and I look much better in clothes. That said, I should admit that I gained almost 20 lbs after the surgery - exactly the opposite of what I'd been planning. I'm not sure why, others have said this is an unconscious reaction on the part of the body but I think I was just so relieved to be rid of the "focus" of my body angst that I began munching freely and the result was a surprise gain. About 2/3 of that's back off now but it may have affected the results. My doctor was very realistic and made sure that I knew at my age (56) I was not coming out with smooth, 25-year old thighs -- that, in fact, I'd have all the cellulite and such I already did... just not juttng out in the saddlebags I had before. This is very true. I have a little additional draping in the inside of my thighs. Otherwise, they don't look better or worse.... just smaller around. I had told the doc that at this age my main concern was how I looked in my clothes rather than out of them and, true to that idea, I am still much happier.
I had Vaser done about a year ago on my thighs. I had inside my thighs, under my butt, above my knees and my saddlebags done. He removed 2 liters of fat and I was so excited...however, now I have horrible creases in my legs, abnormal looking bulges and I HATE the way it looks. I work out four times a week, have completed a half marathon and taken very good care of my body, so the I'm not sure what has happened. I kept thinking it would get better with time, but it hasn't. I desperately want to get this fixed, but the financial part is a problem. Make sure before you do anything that you see the not so good outcomes of the surgery.
I had vaser and standard tumescent liposuction, used as a combo. The deposits on the outside of my thighs (saddlebag thighs) had been there a lo-ong time and were pretty "solid" - not the loose, easy fat of new deposits. If you've ever seen "old" fat deposits, you know that they are kind of waxy... it's a whole different ball game. That's one of the reasons it's taking a while for everything to go back to the new normal.
sagging syb; did you vaser or normal lipo? i had the vaser.
Just "weighing in"on the conversation.... I had lipo (hip and outer thigh)about six weeks ago and am only now seeing what will probably be the final outlines of the results. I wish I had measured before surgery (seems like a no-brainer now) because visually I seem the same (to me) but I can definitely tell the difference in slacks. Others have frequently asked if I've lost weight. Interestingly, I've not lost an ounce - while recovering I seemed obsessed with eating and gained back whatever couple of pounds came with the fat loss. But the change is permanent - any gain did not go there, thank heavens. My surgeon and his staff members who've had lipo all agree that you won't see the total result for at least six months - more so in some hip cases, maybe less for tummy? I think this is true because I still have spots that are quite tender and that feel like there is still swelling way down under. Meanwhile, I'm trying to maintain some sanity during the holiday so that I continue to lose so I can really get the benefit of the surgery investment. Why on earth didn't I have it done post-holiday so that, for once, I could eat my fill, figuring I'd have it all "sucked out" later! laughing.... S.
im very impatient! lol...as i send before the surgen said i was bloated and thats why i not got a flat tummy after the vaser, but i been to my own doctor today for a second expertese! and he said i AM not bloated, and its just my muscles! i need to exercise...so really i am disapointed with the results and i now think i should have waited and gone to the gym and dieted more! and it would have saved me so much money....x
I would not have anyone but a board certified plastic surgeon do the lipo regardless of type. There's a lot of hype by the vaser folks and I don't trust it all. You want someone who not only does liposuction but who does a LOT of it, so they have the procedure down pat, have seen varying results and so that the doc can give you a realistic appraisal. Like all other medicine, it's a specialty field. You sure don't want to be disappointed again. Believe me, there are LOTS of certified plastic surgeons in Miami. Can I ask what disappointed you about the tumescent lipo you had done before? I just had tumescent lipo done (hips, thighs) and was told by my plastic surgeon that the smart lipo and vaser (both of which he does) was more suitable for smaller areas such as neck/chin and touchups. The lipo I had done was a LOT more bruising and damaging than I had anticipated... but I'm only one week out so have to wait to see the final results.
Hi, I am considering Vaser Lipo+smartLipo , I heard it is the best procedure to remove bigger amounts of fat and then thighten skin ( with smart lipo) . I found my doctor online on vaser.com , I was worried that he is not plastic surgeon, but when I call support number for vaser they told me any MD can do it. I had tumescent lipo done 3 years ago , but dissapointed with results , my board approved plastic surgeon could not remove much fat since he did not have tools to thighten the skin ( like smar lipo now) . Anybody had similar surgery ( perhaps in miami ) and can advice me ??? Please I already spend $7000 3 years ago , and looking for a different procedure , hoprfully better results this time with vaser +smart lipo . Thanks for your help!!!
Thanks, gals. I had tumescent lipo yesterday for saddlebag thighs, a bit under the butt and hip rolls. I don't think VASER was used but I'll check when I go in for checkups in two days. So far, I'm swollen and I look like I was hit by a bus - so much for lessened bruising with tumescent lipo! Took Hydrocodone the day of surgery and last night, then switced to Tylenol today because the Hydro makes me "woozy". Already been in and out of the girdle, showered (washed it) and I've been walking about in and outside. I'm not as laid up as I anticipated, but it does ache (especially if I sit/lie in one position for any length of time - you get stiff fast, let me tell you!).
I feel LipoSelection only by VASER is a safer alternative to traditional liposuction.
There is a lot of concerns with this technology. contrary to what most people believe, VaserLipo do does not involve a laser. I would encourage you to do much research and consider some of the other modalities as well. L. Haney, RN
What alternatives do you advise?
I thinking about VaserLipo just on my outer "saddlebag" thighs. I'd be very interested in hearing others' results, cost and general opinion of their experience - both when you had the procedure and how long you took to be at least 90% back. I'm looking (unhappily) at a small, very specific area - but one that matters a lot to me! Has anyone had VaserLipo for saddlebag thighs?
I would be very interested in hearing feedback from those patients/consumers that underwent VaserLipo and their end results AFTER six months. L. Haney, RN

I had vaser lipo selection done a week ago on my abs - upper and lower and my flanks. The surgery wasn't bad, except when the doctor really grabbed my skin around the belly button to make sure she had gotten the fat in that area out. I was tearing up with pain at that point. The belly button area is very sensitive. This process takes weeks to heal and feel back to normal. The first three days were difficult. Getting in and out of bed or a chair was a slow and sometimes painful process. I took pain medication for the first three days. Sneezing, laughing, coughing, even going over a slight bump while driving all hurt for the first four days for me. Each day I get a little bit better. Now I am able to walk normally, without having to bend over slightly and walk super slowly. They removed a good amount of fat - I saw some blood, but it was mostly fat - 1500 CC's. I don't regret the procedure, but I do wish that I could exercise and I certainly can't - that would just diminish the healing process. The issue is that the probes are poking at your insides for hours at hand in between your muscle and skin. So now your skin must readhere to your muscle again. That is why you must wear a compression garment as tight as you can to aid in healing. I am very swollen and tender still. I can tell that I've been contoured, but because of the swelling -my stomach looks very similar to before the procedure. I am a fit 29 year-old with good elasticity. These are my results so far.

hi skyla, how are your results now?? i had my belly done 2 weeks ago and my stomach is not any different! i was told i am bloated and to go on a wheat free diet! im looking for peeps the same as me? or maybe not worked.
Hey , I think you should be more patient. I had vaser lipo + smart lipo 4 weeks ago, and honestly I started noticing results after 3.5 weeks. It takes 3 weeks for skin thightening to start working ( from smart lipo) . now I see the better results than 2 weeks ago. and I am 10 pounds less :) Of course , I am going to the gym and keeping up the diet and waiting for final results. But most of my clothes are loose :) Just wait a few more weeks !!!! Believe me
Hi Skyla, Hope things are going well! Could you please tell me how long the surgery took? It was Vaser, right? I am looking to do abs (upper and lower) and flanks; my first consult PS told me that it'd take about 1.5 hours. I'm concerned he wouldn't be giving me enough time! Best to you!
How are doing with your results now?

Wow congratulations! I'm looking to do the same thing, but I'm wondering how long did you have to take off work/school/etc? I mean for surgery time and recovery period? Just looking for a ballpark, or a minimum.

I too was scared!! Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. The only thing I felt was the first shot that the Dr. gave me. Honestly, there was one time when the Dr. was doing the lipsoselection on my left leg and I started to feel a tingling sensation. I informed the Dr. of this and she instantly stopped and the sensation went away. I had my stomach area done as well and love the results. I am so going back to have my flanks and back done. Trust me I was definitely scared as I have never had C-section’s or any other type of procedure the involved cutting. You will be fine. The best advice that I can give you is to think about how great you are going to look after a couple of weeks. I did this to better my self and to help raise my self confidence. My procedure lasted around 4 ½ hours and we talked during the entire procedure. Time passed by so quickly that I was absolutely amazed that the procedure was over. Please keep me informed as to your experience. Take Care.
I had liposelection & smart lipo done on my stomach area and back Yesterday afternoon. Durring the surgury I was extremely nervous and scared to death after reading all the horror stories online. They kept me awake but also gave me tons of medicines to keep me relaxed/painfree. There was numbing medicine all inside the areas, then they suctioned it out. They showed me how much they were suctioning so I know its not a fake/gimic like some people say. I had about 2 liters removed of pure fat, but more is comming out thru the small incisions they made and also naturally thru the body. My back has no more love handles like before its just 24hrs later, and my tummy is flat except done under my belly hole where there is swelling from water. when removing 2 liters of fat they had to put in 6 liters of water which you pee out so your body doesn't go into shock from losing so much! That is why you swell but I have been assured this will go away. I did have alot of nausea after the surgury because I do not take pain medicine well. Even when I had a c-section before I threw up with the pain medicines. All after the surgury I heaved, but once wore off, I did not take any today, and I have been fine. I am very sore like a have been bruised all over but no visible bruises. The incisions are so tiny I can bearly see them they look like a light dot. I am happy so far, and I am going to drink lots of water to get my rest of my swelling to flush out of me. Let me know if you have any advise on this!!
Hi Scared in TN, I'm considering vaser and have already gone through the consultation. And am a little scared too.. How are you healing up? Was your proceedure done at a MedSpa or a with a cosmetic surgeon at a hospital? Thanks!
I am also located in Cookeville, TN. I am having VASER LIPOSELECTION tomorrow.(suction) I am VERY SCARED. I have heard both good and bad about the proceedure but I have been wanting this so bad for so long that I am willing to do whatever it takes. My body is actually pretty muscular everywhere except my tummy from having 2 c-sections. It sticks out like I am pregnant and my back has began to look lumpy so I am getting my back and upper and lower abdomen done tomorrow. They said I will need to take antibiotics and pain medicine before the procedure which they prescribed me last week. They will drain my fat thru tubes talk to me the whole time, and it should take about 5 hours. No stitches needed, but the stomach harness you have to wear afterwards was recogmended that I get the one without the bra because the ones with the bra do not have alot of support. I called my nurse today with some concerns I had read about on this site and she informed me that everyone bruises and holds fluids differently. I also know that some people do not take care of their body properly, take medications properly, or follow any type of rules. She has had it done, so did the doctor herself that is doing it. It is known to work, why would they let someone do a major surgury just for fun? I am hoping to have alot removed! I am a size 15 in pants so you can imagine the amount I am looking to have removed, but I trust the doctor and nurse that is performing the surgury so I guess that helps!! I just wonder if I will have to tell anyone?? I am hoping just for the big round pouch to go away around me. I will be happy with that! I have a very important event to attend 1st week of August, I hope it doesn't effect it!! The nurse said I should be good to go after a couple of weeks! I will definatly keep you informed!! Please give me your experience/advise!! I am always checking this site for more information. I am so scared, nerveous, excited, and happy all together ready to cry so please lend your support!! Scared in TN.............. but doing it anyway!!!!