Lipomas Cut out of Arms and Legs

I get these on my arms and legs. They do not hurt...

I get these on my arms and legs. They do not hurt but look ugly, especially as they grow larger.

Getting them cut out was simple. My Dr injected me with local pain killer and they were cut out within 5 minutes for each one.

It was so simple, I wished that I'd done it years ago.

I've added a picture from my iPhone of the most...

I've added a picture from my iPhone of the most noticeable scar. The whitish scar is in the middle of my arm. This is far better than the half of a grape sized lipoma lump that was there before. A higher resolution camera would show the scar more, but this is a pretty accurate representation of what it looks like day to day.

Dr. Bruce Allen in San Mateo. (650) 342-9491

Dr. was fast and his incisions left little to no scars.

How many did you have cut out?

i have lipoma on my arms legs and stomach all in total 26 of these lumps seems to be every where and dont know what to do about them didnt know what insurance i could get to cover it to get them removed and i really want them removed some hurt sometimes i need help someone write me back oh i am 23 male oklahoma

I have blue cross, I pay $30 copay and then my insurance pays for most of the cost but I still pay about $200 to have it removed. I would COMPLETELY recomend at least getting the ones out that hurt. I had one on my forearm that sat on a nerve causing me pain all the time. Once it was out I was 100% relieved. You wont regret getting them out. Im going in on Tuesday to get another one out on my outer Bicept.
I saw a surgeon today about a huge lipoma on my shin just below my knee. I noticed it about 7 month's ago and it has grown to the size of a fist, it hurt's a bit and hurt's bad if I stand long or walk. He didn't recommend removing it, want's me to wait and watch it. I don't know how long to watch it or how bad to let the pain get before he will remove it. He say's the shin is a hard place to heal and he is afraid my pain will be worse. I don't know what to do. Any Advice??
No way, go to another doctor. I had one the size of a quarter that sat on a nerve causing me pain and my doctor removed mine no questions asked. If it hurts get it out. You wont regret it. You dont realize how miserable you were until its out. Dont take that doctors advice. If it is growing it needs to come out or it will just keep growing. Thats the best advise I can give you. Good luck I know how you feel.
Could you please provide doctor's information like address & doctor's name. My friend have lots of Lipoma on his body and need immediate treatment for that. He was going to one of the doctor and that doctor doesn't advice to remove any of them. But I think it should be removed. So, need to check with the special Lipoma doctor. Thanks
I dont know if your friend still needs a doctor but DR. Griffen at Almaden Family Physician in San Jose, CA is awsome and will remove them for you.
Want to know from Happy guy the doctor you went to. I have 15 or so lipomas that are on my thighs and lower arms and would like them removed with minimal scarring. I had some removed at Kaiser in Redwood City with the typical stitching and had very noticible scars. Who was your doctor and was the 500 for how many lipomas removed? Your help would be appreciated greatly. Beatrice 29 San Mateo
Dr. Allen is a pretty generic name. What is his full name and location. I would also like to have some lipomas removed.
I'm having a lipoma removed from my neck (right above the collar bone)tomorrow morning. Also having my tonsils removed in the same sitting. Very nervous about both. . .I can't stomach things like this.
I had a general surgeon of 30 years take out my lipomas. Before he did it we discussed the scarring - he did not think that a two layer stitch was required. Local anesthetic is all that's required for these as they are next to the surface of the skin. They pop out with some pressure from the surgeon. I'm actually having six more taken out today by the same doctor.
i have a newly dx lipoma on my lt. thigh. it is just above my knee and to the lateral side. it has grown sine last year. i thought i had water on my knee, but noe they say it is a lipoma. i am over weight and have been trying to cut back on caloric intake and have lost 12 lbs in the past few months. i was hoping to have it removed after i loose 40 or more lbs. then i am sure it will be even more noticeable. i am wondering if liposuction would be the route best needed for mine? i sure hope it is possible to have it removed. i do not want to live with this thing forever. it does ache when i walk a lot. so it could be pressing on the nerves through that area. just concerned. janz
I had a 8.8 pound Lipoma removed from my left thigh in December of 2012 Dr. Sherman was my surgeon and hero. Done at the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville Florida. I left the hospital in 1 1/2 day. The incision on back of my thigh went from the knee up to my butt (about 12 inches.) The scar is hardly visible and had no stitches they glued it. Super job. The only reason I found out I had the Lipoma tumor for reason that my left leg did not fit into my Jeans any more. Funny actually.
I've had over 100 lipomas removed over the last 15 years. I've had them cut out and liposuction. The best was liposuction. With liposuction they were able to get more out and a lot less scaring. Also, I noticed the lipomas have not reoccurred as much in those areas. My insurance covered all the procedures 100%. It is important to get pre approval. I still have around 50 lipomas remaining…I remove the ones that are moderately to severely painful. They sit on nerves or something. I have them on my head, arms, back, butt, thighs, stomach, and chest. I hate them! I wish I knew what causes them. I'm very fit and eat right and exercise almost every day. (running 6 miles)
did you get yours removed by your normal healthcare doctor or did you go to a plastic/cosmetic doctor to get it removed?? I want to get mine removed soon from the underarm and I'm trying to figure out whether the size/appearance of the scar would be different if i got it done at my doctor's office as opposed to a plastic surgeon. Price is a major factor as well, since I contacted my insurance provider and they said I have to pay for it by myself since it is just a cosmetic thing...
Well placed scars are critical for removal of lipomas without noticeable scarring. Your best bet is an experienced plastic surgeon who will play close attention to the quality and placement of scars.
I'm impressed with the very light, fine scare you got from your surgery! I have 2 lipomas I'm procrastinating having removed. My newphew had a large one removed and was given large doses of valium during the surgery. I do NOT want to be put out or "tranquilized" for the surgery. What was your experience of this?
You can use the hcg diet to get rid of lipomas, the hcg burns abnormal fat, to virtually make them dissappear. try that first.
I have little to no scarring from having the lipomas removed, but I think that's more related to how you heal from a surgeon's scalpel. The largest one required a 1" incision on my forearm. No one has ever noticed the scar, but if you stare at my arm it is barely visible. The scar is lighter than my normal skin pigment and about 1/8" in width. It's also concealed by normal arm hair. The other ones on the back of my arms are also barely noticeable. The bottom line is that the scars are certainly less noticeable than the lipomas were prior to having them removed. That's the the real test of "was it worth it". I'd rather have barely noticeable scars on my arms than lumps on my arms that make me look like I have a light case of Elephant Man.
Was there much scarring from the removal? I have many lipomas myself and am thinking of getting them removed.