Lipodissolve No Results

I have had two Lipodissolve treatments with no...

I have had two Lipodissolve treatments with no results. I have actually gotten larger. I am very discouraged and depressed.

My last treatment was so bad that I cannot even think about going back for my next one. I was not told when I was given the numbing cream that it had to last all 3 treatments. I thought I would be given a tube every time I had a treatment. I didn’t learn until after my first treatment that the tube had to last me all three treatments. So I had to divide the remainder of the tube for two more treatments and it wasn’t enough.

It was so painful I thought I was going to pass out. I didn’t experience that, the first treatment, because I had used over half of the tube. I was not able to leave the spa after right after my treatment, because I was in so much pain.

That night I woke up with terrible abdominal pain. I broke out in a sweat that left me wringing wet and I had diarrhea that I would not wish on my worst enemy. I passed out on the bathroom floor. I came very close to going to the emergency room. I had diarrhea and abdominal pains after the first treatment also, but not quite so severe. I was told that I might have loose stools, not diarrhea that would totally drain me.

I am embarrassed to tell anyone that I am even doing Lipodissolve. Anyone would think I was stupid and foolish to spend that much money, to experience pain, sickness and enlarge my abdomen.

In fact I think I am stupid and foolish

I hav had lipo-dissolve done on 11/13/2009, this was my first treatment. i experienced swelling itching and lots of swelling. For the first week i looked like i was 5 months pregnant. Now it has been 2 weeks and i am still slightly swollen. i have no regrets yet i feel like it it working but i wll have my next treatment on 12/05/2009. my stomach feel tighter like it it working but i will keep you posted cant wait to see if it really works!!!
I had the procedure done yesterday, on my lower abdomen( I am 5'9 and weight 138- I have undergone this procedure soley for the sake of sculpting my abbs and getting rid of baby fat that never would dissapear) and I must say that the actual shot its self is painless, but the chemical that is administered is quite uncomfortable, and had me sweating. The number of injections administered with one treatment on my abbs was 26 shots. It was very painful for around fifteen minutes. An hour after the procedure the burning was completely gone, and the only discomfort was instant soreness, along with SWELLING. The swelling is awful, not painful, other than a little tender, but I look huge, as if I gained 20 pounds, but as always, swelling will dissipate. I am scheduled for another appointment in four weeks, followed by one more treatment four weeks after that. So far, I can't say much whether or not the procedure works, but I do hope for the best.
Hi there, Well I can definitely say that 5 weeks later, lipodissolve did what it was supposed to do and that is melt down some fat. It's strange because the little pocket at the bottom of my cheek is still there but the look of it is reduced if that makes sense. Lipodissolve shrunk it but did not eliminate it. I'm not unhappy with the results but then again I'm not blown away either. I would rate it as a little above satisfied. However, I can see that if I were to do it a second time that I would risk losing the shape of my face and I will not do it again. I don't regret doing it though. At this point all I can say is that it may give one person exactly what they want or need and for another it could be disastrous. I had very realistic expectations and achieved very realistic results. It is definitely "something" but certainly not any kind of a chisel and tone type effect either. It makes me think that a lot of the complaints coming from some people about getting no results or having to go too many times might stem from the fact that some doctors may indeed be diluting the strengths of this stuff to cover their butts. I mean seriously, I know my clinician drew it full strength right out of the bottle and 6 tiny shots on the right side of my face caused it to swell like a melon and shrink the tissue down oh let's say by a 7 out of 10 rating. It IS a potent chemical. Perhaps some doctors are taking a better safe than sorry approach, I don't know. The potential to create real harm is most definitely there though. If it is costing somebody thousands of dollars and putting them thru continual cycles of swelling with barely any results... I'd be very upset too. My nurse did mine for free without blinking an eye or seeming like this stuff cost a fortune, so what does that say? I've read some spending up to $7500. No way! I will say that I was prepared to spend up to $200 to try it once though just due to the fact that there is a cost to doing business by providing me any option at all. If I did, I would've been okay with it in relation to the results. Once again, for myself, I'm not unhappy, I'm content and accept that for my look, this is as good as it can get without starting to look like some kind of experiment. If I had some strange kind of lump or an uneveness to my face though, I would definitely go back and ask to receive the lipo shot again directly in those areas causing that problem because I know it would drive me crazy. I'm glad I can just say that I will be leaving well enough alone at this point! P.S. I also pointed out over and over again with my finger the exact area I wanted treated so that there was no misundertsanding about what I wanted.
Hello Tried Lipo Dissolve on Mar 29, Do you have an update of your results? I'm looking at treating my cheeks. Thanks.
Hi, I have done lipodissolve in 4 areas spending $7,500. I did see results are far as inches down; however, the appearance of my belly is not very pretty as well as my thighs. It is lumpy and disfigured. I am now looking into having lipo suction done. I am very disappointed with my results and wish I hadn't spent the money on it. I had my lower and upper abs, my thighs and as Fig calls it the banana which is right below the butt. I spent $7,500 and wish I would have gone a different route because now I am spending just the same for lipo suction.
I had my first treatment on 9/29, I had 12 shots in the lower abdomen. I am going to the FIG Duluth, GA office. I had to pay $6000 for lower and upper abdomen as well as love handles. The pain subsided after the first 24-48 hrs, I kept a girdle on as much as possible in those first two days, so that helped with the swelling. I have some nodules in my stomach now, which I was told by the PA that it could take a couple of weeks for them to pass, that is why a lot of people swell so if you get to many you may need to schedule your treatments further apart than the 2 weeks recommended. I go to my next treatment 10/13 and all three areas should be treated at that time. I am in this for sculpting not weight loss, so that does make a big difference. My aunt went with me for consultation and because she is a little bigger they recommened she lose 20lbs first then try lipodissolve. So I guess everyone is truly different. I see all of these negative comments and it is a little scary, hopefulle everything will work out for me. I will keep you guys posted on how things go. If anyone would like to talk or ask me any questions please email me {edited} Thanks Editor note: you can be contacted through your RealSelf profile page.
Hi Betty, I'm curious to know how you are doing now. I am in so much pain. I had 3 more treatments to go before they closed. If you would like to talk to me, pls contact me Thanks, Larina
I just made my consultation appointment and am now having second thoughts because of all the negative comments. How did you go about finding and deciding which clinic to go to? I am in Washington state and just googled LD, and clinics popped up. How can I find out how safe the clinic I chose is?
Not sure what the big deal is i just had it done and there was NO diarrhea and very little pain maybe a little disscomfort at best. My opinion is that its worth it i have seen results and it worked for me, now if you get it done and sit on your couch eating ho-ho's all day who knows maybe it will not work so well but if you exercise it does help. i try to exercise as much as possible, even before i had this procedure done. i just think that a few of the posts i've seen above mainly the first one has been exaggerated a little, i even kind of laughed, because it was nowhere near what she described. Also, I know after this post all the people not supporting it will rip on me for this... go ahead i wont be back i was just giving my 2 cents and you cant blame me for that. oh yeah only side effects I've noticed so far is a little bruising.
Why have we come to this? Being so vain? Why can't we all just be happy with what we have? After reading all the comments, I am happy with my body and so is my husband. I am not over weight I am a happy size 14 and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with that size. You won't get anywhere in life by being so vain!
I don't know about all the negative talk. I had one treatment last week . Very little pain. I did have swelling. I had had a tummy tuck and some liposuction a little over a year ago , which left dimples in lower abs. Just with one treatment I can tell already. I go for second treatment today. I was told all about the lumps(which is normal), the swelling and minor pain. And told only to use Tylenol for pain. I also only paid $600 for 6 series of 12 shots. I was also told the more areas you have done at a time the more discomfort you could feel. I am very Happy with this( Very positive) . I did alot of research before hand also. I had my done by a Medical doctor. Wouldn't of done it if a nurse or anyone else had done it. I had mine done in San Antonio, TX
Samantha, I am going for a consultation at Dr Vitena's office on Monday. Looking to get lower and upper abs and loves done. I am 5'6, 123lbs. I went to Fig (Sugar Land) where I was quote $6000 with a $2000 discount (just because it was my lucky day) making it $4000. Then I went to Dr. Bergeron's office in the Height's where I was quoted $2000. Not a bad price but the lady who consulted me, didn't do a very good job of consulting. I am going for a consultation today at a place called Realis off 1960/290 and then one next Thurs at Houston Med Spa, also off 1960/290 area. This is the area I live in. Another poster on this site highly recommended Dr. Vitenas so I'm going to suck it up and make the drive. I felt the need to shop around because I just haven't been happy with the two consultations I've already had. Price wise at Fig and then personalbe wise at Dr Bergeron's office. (mind you though, I didn't get to speak to him as he was out of the office at the time) I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer till I find somewhere that makes me feel comfortable and will give me as much info as possible. I'll let you know how things go on Monday. ~SLA
Hi SArthur, I can not believe these quotes that people are receiving. It is absolutely ridiculous. If you're going to pay that much money, you mind as well get tumescent lipo where you will definitely have guaranteed results. The downtime is much shorter than if you're getting lippodissolve spread out over a few months. Some of these inexperienced clinics use a generic (substitute) of the Phosphatidyl Choline and are treating with Meso in lieu of Lippodissolve. It happened to me! Mesotherapy doesn’t penetrate deep down enough to get rid of the fat cells needed to make a difference. If this is going to be your first time, take a couple of Tylenol before you go. These 2 treatments with Anita were a breeze considering what I went through the first time with another doctor. Read the curriculum vitae of Dr. Vitenas. You're not going to a med spa, you're going to the real deal. Why drive a Ford when you get a Mercedes at the same price?
Samantha, I just got back from Dr V's office and man, was I empressed. I plan to make the 100 mile round trip to get the procedure done there. sarthur
That's good to hear. :) Just out of curiosity, how many treatments did she suggest to you and how much will it cost?
She said that they suggest at least 4 'agressive' treatments. She told me I could pay as I go at $250 a visit or the package for $1000, buying 4 and getting the 5th one free. I haven't decided on that yet. If I pay $250 for the first treatment and I decided that the pain is just to unbearable, then I'm only out the $250. Otherwise, I'm out a $1000. What did you go with? Is the pain really that bad? I've been reading so many post on this site and where the pain was so bad that they had no intentions of returning for more treatments. How many treatments have you had? Can you describe your visits? What about a girdle? Sorry for so many questions...I have my first appt scheduled for tomorrow at 4:00 and I'm quite nervous and my husband is out town on business. Thanks, sarthur
I would go for one treatment (which I did)at a time and see how it works for you. It has been six weeks since I had my upper and lower abs done and thus far have seen a one-inch loss. It takes 8-10 or 10-12 weeks (depends on which clinic or web site) to see final results so that is exactly what I am waiting on. I have worked in a Research Lab for 12 years so trust that I researched lipo-dissolve for several months prior to taking a stab at it (no pun intended). Why spend money on 5 injections (which is what they push) if you may realistically only need two. In my opinion, the less injections(which are not FDA approved)you receive is probably for the better in the long-run. I have not noticed any bad side effects thus far (just annoying ones) and have had good results (for just one session). Not sure if I want to endure any more at this point but I probably only have one more inch to lose anyway. I am 5' 3" and 118 lbs. Just my opinion and good luck on whatever you decide.
I have been getting my lipodissolve treatments at Dr.Vitenas's office located in Houston, Texas. Lipodissolve is intended for patients who are an ideal weight wanting to lose stubborn areas of fat and not for those desiring weight lost. My shots are administered by Anita Vennekotter, an R.N. who trained under Dr. Patricia Rittes, founder of the International Meso-Lipotherapy Society. There are so many physicians/nurses experimenting in lipodissolve/meso with inadequate training due to highly profitable income. I too have had a bad first experience with one of these doctors. I am 5'4, 113 lbs and wanted to lose the "pooch". This doctor performed meso instead of lipodissolve on me. The results were horrific. Barney was not what I was aiming for. It appeared as though I was wearing a purple intertube for about a week. I could not fit into any of my clothes and the swelling took a month to go away. It was later on that I found out mesotherapy is intended for cellulite. Anyways, I am reading all of these reviews regarding FIG's charges and they are absolutely ludicrous. At $4000, you can obtain more profound results with liposuction. Fear of pain shouldn't be an issue if you have tumescent lipo performed by an experienced plastic surgeon. I am paying $250 per lipodissolve treatment, not area of injection. On my second treatment (one week after my first treatment), I received shots on my lower abdomen, love handles, and the "bra buldge" aka back fat. I paid for 4 treatments and received one for free. Bruising was very minimal and the swelling subsided within a week. Try wearing Spanx to keep the swelling down. My stomach feels as if I'm hoarding 50 golf balls so that's a sign that it's working. I will keep you all posted on my results but it's too early to tell. For my fellow real self members, please make sure you choose an administrator who will at least know the difference between mesotherapy and lipodissolve. These are two different procedures with two different formulas.
Samantha, How are things going for you? How many sessions have you been to now? Notice any changes yet? I had my second session yesterday and it was much more painful than the first. The shots themselves are no big deal, it's the pain afterwards. It only lasted around an hour but that hour, I could hardly breath. I am just laying around taking it easy today and wearing the girdle. I'm swollen and pretty sore but nothing I can deal with. I received 5 vials of injections yesterday which was 2 more than the first session. She went up into the loves this time also. There are so many negative postings here that sometimes I guestion myself. I asked Anita if she has had any patients that it just didn't work for and she said yes but it was mainly people that didn't take care of themselves and don't do some form of exercise to keep their metabolism up. She also mentioned that she's only had one patient not return because the pain was so bad. Anyway, would love to hear back from you to see how things are going. SLA
I bought a package from Fig months ago. So far, I had 3 treatments, the last of which was November 28, and then they closed last December 7. So, I am scrambling for an alternative! I read your comment on realself.com and as a result, I made appointments with Dr. Bergeron and Dr. Vitenas. I went to Dr. Bergeron yesterday, and met with the consultant. She wants me to meet with the doctor himself on January 9. I am going to Dr. Vitenas to meet with Anita on Monday. will be needing the same areas to be treated as you (upper and lower abs, love handles and bra bulge). Any advice you can give me would be appreciated!!!
I'm sure they are both good but the difference to me was the professionalism at Dr. Vitenas office. Anita is 'super' nice and has even called to check up on me. I was not impressed with Dr. Bergeron's office and the lady I talked to there was just like, 'ok, your a good candidate, when would you like to start'? No information on the procedure or anything. I never met Dr. Bergeron nor was it even suggested that I meet him. I've never met Dr. Vitenas either but I very happy with Anita. I've had 4 sessions since August and have 2 more to go. I paid $1000 for 4 sessions and got one for free or you can pay $250 each time you go. I thought I'd pay the $1000 up front to get the extra one free, I wish I wouldn't have done that now because I really don't even want to go back since it's not working. Guess I was just one of those unlucky ones. I'm not going to bad mouth or bash anyone or the procedure though, I read up on the procedure a bunch before I started but I was hoping that I would be one of the lucky ones it worked on. When I started reading on here back in August, the odds were 60% worth it and 40% not worth it. What a difference a few months make. Anyway, best of luck to you. sarthur
does anyone have the phone number to Credit Care. I had my first treatment 2 days ago and I am in so much pain. I can't go through this every month. They talked me into it and I have felt bad every since I left the office. I am so swollen, even my feet are swollen??? Help anyone
You mean CareCredit by GE? I think you can reach them at 866-893-7864
Anyone who has gone in for one treatment and expected to see results has clearly not done his/her homework. It takes a minimum of two treatments and several weeks to see the results, and many people require at least three. The pain can be intense for the first 24 hours, especially when changing positions (sitting to standing, rolling over, etc.) but dissipates quickly. By day three you can work out again and resume normal activities. No pain, no gain, right? Imagine if you had liposuction! I have had two treatments now and at week two after the second one I can see things starting to change. I go in on Monday for the third round. Remember to be patient. The final results will not be seen for eight to ten weeks after the last treatment. This procedure is not a quick-fix. Patience is necessary.
I've just had my second treatment. I researched on the internet beforehand so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I did my inner thighs first, 1 treatment. I didn't feel the injections, the needle is so tiny. I had swelling and redness - to be expected. The first hour after the treatment it burned and itched like crazy, but I think the doctor (M.D. for sure) was pretty informative and had me take 2 Tylenol beforehand. You don't want to take ibuprofen because you WANT the inflammation. That's what makes it work. After about the first hour that went away. I was tender and swollen that night. They also used a mild numbing compound on me before the injections. He informed me what to expect, swelling and redness. They informed me of the nodules and explained that that is the body's way of breaking down the fat. Although I am not what most would consider a fat person, my nodules are the size of marbles. Not visible, but I can feel them. I'm hoping they will break down in the 2 month time period. I just had my abdomen done yesterday. I've always had a small bulge under my belly button, so I decided to get rid of it. I had them do a double dose - an option at this doctor's clinic because it's less expensive and you don't have to come back as many times. My roll isn't that big and I figured it should take care of it. The first hour I had the burning and itching again. The doctor informed me this is a good thing. This whole process depends on your immune system to break down the fat, and the burning and itching is your immune system kicking in. The burning and itching went away, but I was swollen and tender for the next 2 days. That's where I am now. I understand I won't see results for 2 months. It takes that long for your body to break down the nodules and flush everything out. I should know about my inner thighs in 6 weeks, and 8 weeks for my stomach.