Worst Outcome Ever

I have had several cosmetic surgeries and have had...

I have had several cosmetic surgeries and have had botox, restoline and juvederm injections with absolutely no complications. I am a healthy 41 year old female and was told I was a good candidate since I worked out regularly and just needed those stubborn abs and love handles taken care of. I am alergic to NOTHING. After my first and only treatment - the shots were the easiest part... within 1 hour or so, had a lot of swelling in my lower abdomen (which is the only area that was treated as it was my first time, with a low dose of the stufff) My eyes started to swell and I contacted the facility - they were completely unconcerned and when I asked them if they ever had any one with these symptoms they said NO - but take come to the office. They were 1 hour away so I said it was too far - they they said to take some benedryl... my swelling got worse and I went off to the emergency ward. I called fig on the way there and again they seemed so unconcerned with my condition. I got to emergency and they gave me benadryl and 2 other pills to help me out... they were not familiar with what was in the injections and had to call fig. This is only day 2 but I am so swolen from the bottom of my ribs to the bottom of my "girl area" its laughable. The only good thing is that I received my refund this very next day. Otherwise, I would have sued the pants off of them. I had to provide them with the proof of the emergency visit. Each time I called, the girls (nurses, etc) seemed like they could care less about what I was going through and were in a word, rude. WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE - AND BABY... I'VE DONE ALOT!

I'm so glad I read these informative posts. I was doing research to see if I wanted to have these treatments-- THANKS TO ALL OF YOU I am NOT going to get it done. Just some extra time in the gym & pool! Thank you guys so much for helping the rest of us avoid the pain & hassles you are all dealing with! I'm going to tell my mom & my girlfriends, too, as we were all talking about it together. I hope all of you feel better soon, and good luck with refunds & possible class-action suits? Keep us informed & updated on how recovery goes! ~~gr
I too go to the FIG in ATL. I just had my third treatment the other day, and I can already notice a difference. I am an active person and was just looking for some touch ups in the lower, upper and loves on my abdomen. I swell really big for the first 2-6 days, but I keep a compression garment on 24/7 for those days except to shower and that helps tremendously. I also experience some pain but take tylenol and take it easy for it to reduce over the first 48 hrs. After the first 48 hrs it is completely gone, maybe just a little tender to touch and that is it. I also have gotten a couple of bruises from this but they disappear quickly. I am so excited to see what my next three visits bring me in results, because with the first three I am already down 4lbs. :):):) I am so happy about that. I am sorry to hear about all of you guys bad experiences but there are truly some success stories with the procedure! :) I will keep you guys updated.
I was a pt at fig, and it took a few treatments to see results. I had 6 treatments actually before stopping. I too had swelling, pain and tenderness, but they say these are all normal events. It all went away, and I am left one size smaller. I am happy with my results. It is alot of money to spend, but I'm glad i went with that instead of liposuction. I've read some people complaining about adverse reactions......an allergy is rare....and for someone with a medical condition, it's my understanding that fig has to get medical clearance before administering their product. I'm a nurse, so I've seen many adverse reactions to drugs. PCDC is no different, any time you receive a medication, there is always a risk of side effects. In fact, it states that very clearly on their informed consent. I had my procedure in Atlanta, and it was reviewed very thoroughly with me. I hate that some of you have had bad results.....but there are some of us out here, that are happy!
Please read my review dated 10/10, Going blind, globs of hair falling out, etc. Please get back to me about the eye swelling. I've read others saying blurred vision. I learned that my blurred vision was because my eye specialist said my eyes were swelling up inside. I am very afraid I am going to go totally blind in my left eye. It hurts all the time. It burns very badly all night keeping me from sleeping and I never know when my vision will be blurred or when I will only see black with flourescent light designs in it. I am very interested in your eye problems, please respond.
I am so glad to hear that you got your money back! Unfortunately for most of us, Fig seems to have more complaints than I think they can afford to pay. I received treatments in the Duluth, GA office and after three months I am now experience swelling all over my body. The correct medical term is generalized edema and in my legs I have pitted edema. After this all happened, I learned that because of a previous medical condition that I take medication for (hypothyroid), the compound used in the injections causes my body not to absorb the medication. In essence, it is like I have not taken my meds for 3 months. I suppose I am fortunate that I have not died from this since thyroid disease is a very serious condition that needs to be treated. You would think that a facility that is administering injections and supposedly under the direction of a board-certified plastic surgeon would be more knowledgeable about the safety of the product they are using. Please make sure you tell every person you know about what happened and how you were treated. By the way, everyone at Fig in Duluth, GA was sooooooo nice until I said I want my money to be refunded and then the tables turned! They have treated me in an unprofessional and RUDE manner ever since.
I'm also at the Duluth Office and thinking about getting a refund for the un-used parts. Please tell me I'm not going to have a problem getting my money back! I dont have the money left to bail me out of jail for tearing up such a beautiful office and whipping some butts. 100% guarntee.... I've spent 9,000 and I'm just on the lower abs.... email me Liznatl@yahoo.com
My sister used to work at one of these clinics that offered lipodissolve. My friend ,aganist my advice,did the procedure and was unhappy with her results.$4000 for no results.She also had many uncomfortable adverse reactions and still has nodules after almost a year.It seems strange that employees are on these blogs trying to smooth over the bad reactions and experiences.None worried about my friend's lack of results, I guess she didn't post anything for people to see so she didn't get any response from her clinic.It is important for people to share their experience because they are the best resource.There are no long term studies to even determine long term side effects that is why my sister and I did not do it.The FDA is doing studies on it. I don't even know if there is an attempt being made to get it FDA approved. I'm sorry to hear" the staff didn't seem to care" because what a scary experience. My sister worked at a clinic and didn't even do the procedure,that speaks volumes!!!!!
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad reaction to the lipodissolve injections. You were smart to go directly to the emergency room. There are certain risks associated with medical procedures, but again, I'm sorry that you had a bad reaction. I work at fig., and I've personally seen hundreds of patients who have achieved amazing results from the lipodissolve procedure. But we do know that there is a small percentage of people who just don't respond to the treatment; that's why we've go tthe guarantee. We certainly strive to make every patient feel comfortable with their treatment. I will be sure to let the Scottsdale GM know about your experience with the staff there.