Lipodissolve, Melbourne

I'm getting my procedure done with Dr David...

I'm getting my procedure done with Dr David Powell Tomorrow, I'm a little anxious/nervous about the procedure. I'm not overweight, and I do both weight training and cardio training arund 4-5 times a week. My diet is fairly clean, consisting of mainly protein, good carbs and vegies. Despite the hard effort to lose my tummy fat and the stubborn fat in the thigh areas, it just doesn't seem to go away. For as long as I can remember, I've always had a protruding belly, so I look eagerly for something to solve my issue. I've been researching on and off for the past year and came across lipodissolve. The results seem to be 50/50 from person to person and depending on which country and which doctor.

Dr David Powell had been recommended on another review by someone named "South Melbourne" and she said she was happy with her results. Since it seems to be a procedure that alot of people are looking into, i thought I would start doing reviews from day 1. I'll post up a photo tonight so you guys can see the before and then compare it with the afters. Wish me luck!

Today was the first day of treatment. It's been 10...

Today was the first day of treatment. It's been 10 hours since the treatment, it's taken me this long to want to move. The needles were painful, hard to bear. I'm still limping from it because of the bruising and the bloating. Definitely bearable now compared to the first 3-4 hours... I just needed an ice pack around the areas that got treated in order to calm the pain. Difficult to walk and get up.. i'm very glad that i did it on a weekend.. you definitely need time to recover after the procedure. It's not as "bearable" as they say it is, and as you can see my photos i just uploaded. You definitely get bruising. I'm not a girl that bruises easily either. I can deal with alot of pain, but this pain put me to tears. Load up on pain killers cos you'd need it, and make sure u have an ice pack~ I'll check back in in a week.

It's well over a week now, After the first day I...

It's well over a week now, After the first day I didn't need to take any painkillers but If i was to ever do anything different, i would have made sure I had a few ice packs to take with me prior to the procedure so that I could've iced the places that was done right afterwards. Cos icing it helps prevent the bruising and the sooner you do it the better the outcome. I can't say I've seen any results yet, some areas are still a little tender and some areas are still bruised. I have attached a few more photos. Will update again in a week

Ok, sorry it's been so long since I've updated....

Ok, sorry it's been so long since I've updated. Been so busy with life.. By the end of the 2 weeks all the unflattering bruising was gone, but it was still a bit tender to touch. Sometimes you could really feel it when you lean those areas against something.

It's now 4.5 weeks after the treatment, you can still feel a little pain if you touched it deep enough into the area" and to be very honest. As much as I wish I had some sort of results... I haven't. And if you told the doctor I'm sure he'd tell you something like "Well it helps the process along if you did some exercise and ate lean and minimal carbs. So she mightn't have stuck to a clean diet with healthy regular exercise". Well let me clear that up for you.
I exercise, not just go for a walk or do a few sit ups a night. I have a personal trainer twice a week and train on my own atleast 2 to 3 times on alternate days.. My meals consists of Salads with minimal dressing, any sort of lean protein, mainly egg, fish and chicken and on very rare occasions (when i mean rare, i mean like once every 2 weeks) some sort of red meat. I drink only water and tea, and snack on nuts and fruit and I have maybe 1/4 of a cup of cooked brown rice with my lunch mon-fri. On weekends I have a few cheat meals.
And even though they give you an appetite suppressant after the treatment, I never used it because I felt my appetite dropped since the procedure anyway.

And what makes me wonder is, alot of people who go and get the procedure done are normally not very active people, so OF COURSE if they started exercising and eating a little leaner, changing up their diet a little would help them lose weight. Whether its from the procedure or not, it's actually inevitable. People with higher body fat content loses weight much quicker than people with a lower body fat content. Also remember, i went there to lose the last bits of fat that i can't seem to get rid of with exercise and diet and even that tiny little amount isn't really coming off after the procedure. Maybe I need more than 1 procedure? However, Dr Powell insisted that I only had very minimal to lose so I only need to undergo 1 procedure..

So far, looking at my results, I would say its not really worth $750.00 for the 1 procedure. But alot of people have reported they only started seeing results after 6 - 8 weeks from the day of treatment. So for now, I would stick to undecided and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I want to make this review as real and as raw as possible to help those who are considering this procedure, because I know I really needed it prior to getting the treatment done.

Hope this helps. I'll check in again in 1.5 weeks time =)

It has now been 2 months since the treatment....

It has now been 2 months since the treatment. After the treatment, i went onto a very clean diet and my normal exercise routine and lost 2.5cm. So I wasn't sure whether it was the lipo dissolve or the good diet and exercise. However, the last 2 weeks I got sick and couldn't stick to my exercise routine and good diet. I remember reading about lipo dissolve that after the treatment, once the fat is dissolved, it wouldn't come back. So I thought, maybe I could use this as a test to see whether it really did work. It's unfortunate to have to say, that lipodissolve didn't work for me, and instead of seeing results, i have gone back to how it was to begin with. Hence why i didn't upload anymore photos, because it's the same.
I hope all this helped, and from now the only way that could help me is a really really clean diet and a really really strict exercise routine. Good luck with everyone else out there who are considering this treatment!
Dr David Powell, Body Sculpt Clinic

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi bronzie, the guy I wrote about has offices in Toorak, not far from Armadale. He probably gets together with the local scammers so they can share their stories over lattes!! Who says I'm bitter???LOL

There is a website, where you can name and shame a "doctor", whom is probably only a GP, a local doctor, who is so monley hungry he advertises himself as a 'cosmetic surgeon", well there is NO legal qualification, ANYONE can call them selves one. BEWARE of any dermatologist who calls themselves this, there is one that works in Armadale,Mlebourne, Victoria, Australia, who is only a pimple and rash doctor and advertises 'cosmetic surgey". Be very afraid !!

I've just finished reading the above comments and thought I'd add my own. I had a lipodissolve procedure done 3 years ago by David Powell. I won't call him a doctor as they are supposed to "do no harm". He promised that 1 procedure would be enough, $750, that the ingredients were natural (crap), and that it would be permanent after 12 weeks. I didn't mind the swelling and bruising as it was expected. I ate very clean, and lost alot of weight. I was happy. I didn't sleep very well for 3 months, then was told that that amount of ingredient overloads the liver, makes it very difficult to break down. After 12 weeks, I couldn't stick to the strict food regime, so began to eat clean but more moderately. I gained 10 kilos. I had the injections on my upper arms and outer thighs. They are now twice the size than before the procedure, and no amount of exercising or eating clean has budged this fat. I also now have a stomach, and waist fat, which I have never had in my life. I look completely different, nothing fits me, I can't show my arms in summer so that joy has gone. And recently I have been experiencing nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms. I have spoken to some experts about the procedure and they told me that that amount of drug derived from soy is a carcinogen. Too much soy is DANGEROUS. Did David tall me that? Of course not. These people say something is natural, and neglect to mention that the rest of it is a drug, not even approved by the FDA in the US. I am now being tested for liver cancer. When I look at photos of me before this disaster, I looked sooo good. I wish I had appreciated my body then. Because now I'm ruined. Thanks David Powell for your dishonesty and selfish greed, and for preying on another gullible woman who was unfortunately too ready to believe what you told her.
Sorry, it's been so long since I've logged in and it is very disturbing news to hear what has happened to you. Has anything improved since this post? I wish you all the best and hope sincerely that this procedure hasn't caused you any further harm... And I agree with you, this procedure didn't work a single bit...
Hi anonymouscapii, it's been absolutely ages since I've logged on either, I just find it too upsetting. Well, tests showed an abnormality on my liver, but not cancer so that's a relief. I have started seeing a fantastic Chinese Herbalist as my husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child. He has found that my liver is very weak and is causing me many problems and it will be difficult to conceive until that gets resolved. When I told him about the lipodissolve and it's ingredients, he had no doubt that they had caused the damage. So apart from looking worse than I did before I had the procedure, now it's caused me to have problems conceiving. Thanks again "Dr" David Powell. Hope you're happy.
Hi,
I had liquid lipo 6 weeks ago and was going to get lipo dissolve to help smooth out the lumps that are usual in lipo, I'm more smoother now so I'll see. I am told that 6 mths is the max for final results. No with any lipo you don't see instant results because of the swelling. Still haven't seen my friend or spoken to her yet hoping to tomorrow
Hi Anonymouscapli,
Went to see Dr Powell, only I chickened out due to i was still tender from the lipo i had and my friend went ahead and had her upper and lower stomach and her love handles done. She went straight to work and a few hours later ended up in hospital. I was shocked she didn't tell me till almost a week later. I didnt see much improvement, today I spoke to one of her daughters and she wanted to know if her mum had lipo as well since she has lost quite a bit of weight. I'm going to go and see her in a few days and can't wait to see the results. This is now liposuction verses lipo dissolve... Mine was 6 weeks ago and I'm just barely seeing some results and she had it done 2 weeks ago? May 9th and already results. Lol I'll let you knew when I see her
How come you had lipo suction prior to doing lip dissolve? Did lipo suction not give you the results you needed? I always thought liposuction took away everything instantly... I know for a fact Lipo dissolve doesn't take affect till 6 - 8 weeks after treatment, and without a good diet and exercise you won't see results. I mean it did help a tiny bit for me. I did my measurements 2 weeks ago, although i weighed more because of muscle weight, I lost size. I lost 2.5cm around my waist, I'll be doing my measurements again in 2 weeks time to see whether it has gone down more, I stuck to an extremely clean diet and a 5 day exercise routine, so I'm not sure lipodissolve did alot for the results I got. The last 2 weeks after my measurements though, I've been very sick and haven't been able to cook or go to the gym, so i haven't been eating well and haven't been able to exercise or sleep well, normally this combination would make a person fat, but i haven't felt my tummy coming back either so I'll definately let you know my results again in 2 weeks time.
I hope your friend is okay... Could you also clarify, when u say Lipo do you mean Liposuction or Lipodissolve?
Thanks anonymouscapli,
The pictures on this page, are they the ones your referring to? Or are there others. You really didn't look like you needed any fat removed in the first place so I can't see much of a difference in the last few pics. Do you see a good difference yourself?
Hey Gypsy,
The ones i uploaded here are my only pictures.. I'll take some new ones at the end of this week. Honestly, I really don't feel or see much of a difference, i still have a tiny belly sticking out, which was my main concern and the only part i really wanted to reduce... I don't have alot of fat, but it's more narrowing down to the little stubborn areas. Good luck on your procedure tomorrow! Let me know how it goes! :)
Hi anonymouscapli,
Thanks for the reply I should be able to cover those areas, did it hurt much and if it did how long or days did the pain last. I'd be able to take a few days of but my work is a bit physical this is what worries me. Are you happy with the results?
Hey Gypsy,
I updated my review on the first of May regarding results, so if you want to take a look at that, hopefully it'll help.
As for the pain side of things, The major pain subsided after about 24 - 30 hours. It was mainly the burning sensation from the needles that was uncomfortable, and when they tell you it'll feel like a small bruise, well imagine 100s of small bruises in the same area... it really doesn't feel like a small bruise at all Haha But as i mentioned in my review, to help the pain, bruising and reduce the bloating, prepare a few ice packs, some for right after the procedure, so you can put some on it when you're driving home and then have some in the freezer for when you get home... I used about 4 ice packs in total, 2 on the day of procedure and 2 the day after... If you're doing it between the thighs like I did, you'd find it painful to walk for the first 2 days and then it'll get better. Hence I think my best decision was having the procedure done on a Saturday. They tell you that they have in the formula a little bit of anesthetic to numb the pain, but trust me I wish I didn't go by their word... I took a strong painkiller on the day, ones the pharmacists recommended for me for dental appointments and it makes you a little drowzy... I really should've bought numbing cream as well cos the needles isn't just a "small sting", it really hurt (even after taking painkillers)... As much as they say its only 15mins... during it, you're wishing it'll finish... I don't mean to be so descriptive, but I want you to go into it fully aware of what you're in for.
So to sum that all up. Prepare some ice packs, take a pain killer before your appointment, buy some numbing cream from the pharmacy put it on prior to the procedure in the areas to be treated and drink plenty of water before and after the procedure..
You'd feel lethargic the first day or so.. I did go back to the gym on the Tuesday though, so I let my body rest for about 2.5 days then went back to my normal routine~ After the 2nd day, the pain is bearable enough to go back to normal physical activities. I'm not a cardio fanatic, so when i mean i went back to the gym, my Personal Trainer normally makes me do weights at around 20Kg and up... so I think if I could cope with it, then anyone else should be able to as well :) Hope that helped!
Hey Gypsy2012, Sorry for the delayed reply. I will update my status now. The one thing I can guarantee is, if you are doing areas which can be covered by clothes especially now since it's winter. You wouldn't need time off work. Since you're doing it may 10. Try to book an early appointment so you have around 10 hours to just lay there and do nothing. If not, then I hope you're doing it after work Thursday night and have Friday set off work. I won't be posting extra photos since all the bruising has gone and there's really nothing to show.. Let me know if you have any concerns. I know how doctors can be, they'd tell you the very minimal instead of the whole truth~
Looking forward for more of how your feeling. Booked also with same dr on may 10. Now I'm worried can't afford time of work. Areas I'm looking into are thighs and underarms.