Had Lipodissolve Done Yesterday, Husband 2 Days Ago.

I am 43 and my husband 47. We work out/exercise...

I am 43 and my husband 47. We work out/exercise pretty regularly and eat healthy. We both have stubborn belly fat (my husband has the love handles) and decided we would do this together. My husbands experience--actual injections were not painful but immediately afterwards he had stinging pain. He took advil to manage the pain and after about 2 hours post procedure he was comfortable but he was swollen. The next day he was able to work out (5 miles on the treadmill at the gym) and said the first 15 minutes were uncomfortable because his stomach was swollen and sore. He is not a bruiser but does have several bruises on his love handles and none on his stomach area. He worked out again today with minimal discomfort. I had the procedure done targeting my lower abs and I didnt think the actual injections were all that bad but within a couple minutes after receiving the injections it was stinging pretty bad. The stinging was pretty intense and lasted approximately 10 minutes but after that I felt OK. I took some tylenol when I got home (2 extra strength) and was comfortable. I was able to clean the kitchen and do light household work without any issues. I did have alot of redness and welts come up at each of the injection sites. (I had 12 injections) I also had alot of swelling last night where my stomach was quite distended. I drank several glasses of water to help flush out my system. I have sensitive skin and bruise easily and I already have bruising in 3 of the injection sites. I was able to work out today doing crunches and weights without any issues. My stomach is tender and feels like muscle soreness but nothing that interferes with my lifestyle. I would like to mention that I went to a board certified plastic surgeon who has been in business for at least 15 years at his current location. His nurse (RN) is the one who administered the injections and did say she was specially trained in lipodissolve. I was also told by the RN to NOT take advil or any anti-inflammatory medication because the inflammation is a desired effect of lipodissolve. She also said to drink plenty of water and massaging the area is also good to help disperse the agent to the fatty areas. I am 5'3", 120lbs, waist 28.5 and lower abdomen 32 inches. I will continue to post our experience and results here. No changes will be made to our diet and exercise routine.

hi! I am also interested in the doctors information can u please post it?
Hi! I am totally amazed and thrilled with your story! I have been considering this procedure for months. I'd like to have my thighs done. I too am in houston and would love to know the name of the doctor. I don't know if you can reply with it here, but my email addy is: {edited} Congrats on your success! It is very encouraging! Editor note: you must join RealSelf so you can be contacted privately. This requires free registration for an account. When registering you must opt-in to receiving private contacts (a check box).
Its been 10 days since our second treatment and we both are pleased. I think this was definitely worth it. My beginning measurements on Jan 18th were 120lbs 28.5 waist 32 lower abs. Today Feb 12th the measurements are 120lbs 26 waist and 29 lower abs. My husband has noticeable improvement in both his waist and love handle area and he is also satisfied. We both agree that we dont need any further treatment. I may post one more time in about 2-3 weeks because they say it takes a full 6 weeks to see the total effect.
Update: My husband and I had our second session 2 days ago. (2 weeks after the first session) It was a repeat of the first--the injections themselves are not that bad but the burning stinging sensation as the medication is working its way in is uncomfortable and lasted a good 10 minutes for both of us. We both took tylenol and the pain was minor for my husband but since im more sensitive (and more of a baby hehe) I had the hive like appearance and significant swelling and more discomfort. My pre procedure measurements were waist 27.5 and 30.5 inches on the lower abs. I took measurements again about 5-6 hours after the procedure and I was 34 inches in the lower abs and 33 in the waist so thats alot of swelling! I seemed to have more discomfort this time around due to swelling and tenderness but it wasnt horrible or unbearable. I went to the gym the next day about 24 hours after the procedure and worked out again today. My husband was able to run on the treadmill the following day but said the first 10 minutes were definitely uncomfortable. I have seven bruises this time and its not pretty, a total of 12 injections/12cc's. Hubby had 12 injections/12 ccs also with no bruising as of yet. (Why are things easier for men???) The swelling has gone down a bunch today and I will be going to work tommorrow. I have had my procedures done on friday late afternoons so I can go home and relax. I definitely dont feel like going out but able to do housework and laundry. I wouldnt recommend doing this on lunch hour going back to work after having it done. My husband says he doesnt think he will go back for another round, its just not worth it to him. He said he could see a difference in his love handles but "no more needles". (and Im the baby?) He has always had the love handles; even when he was 20 years old and weighed 180. I lost 1 inch in my waist and 1 1/2 inches in the lower abs in 2 weeks so I feel hopeful in reaching my goal of 3-4 inches in each area. I will post in 10-14 days a follow up.
Please keep posting. I am reading this and eager to read of your results. Did either of you have the adverse effects as mentioned on this board? I'm not sure what to make of it all. Besides reviews, I wish there were doctors that would offer opinions and medical advice here, too. Kitty

Hi Kitty, I'm happy to tell you that RealSelf.com does indeed feature the opinions of doctors, along with other medical and beauty industry professionals, in our site Q&A. Check it out on our main answers page, type your question in the search field, or visit our Lipodissolve Reviews page to find answers related to that treatment. Although RealSelf Q&A doesn't offer medical advice, it can give you some great insights and helpful information from those in the know. We appreciate your participation in the RealSelf community and welcome your feedback. If you have other suggestions or comments, please share!

My husband and I didnt have any adverse effects, just the swelling and discomfort. My husband describes it as a muscle soreness/beat up kind of feeling. The stinging/burning immediately after the injections is a moderate discomfort level so be warned. The next day you feel something akin to muscle soreness and have lumps in the injection areas so jiggling those around isnt all that delightful.
I just had my first session on 1-30-08 and I would like to know how long did it take for all the swelling to go down.
My husband and I had swelling immediately following the procedure continuing for several hours but could see the swelling reducing by the second day. My swelling went down faster than his and I was able to notice a loss of an inch after 1 week. Im not sure about my husband because he didnt measure (MEN!) so its all subjective but both of us agreed he definitely looked smaller in his love handle area by his second session (2 weeks).
Its been 9 days and here is an update: My husband still has some bruising left on his love handles and thinks he has some slight results, he thinks his love handles are going down and his stomach also but more on the stomach area than the love handles. I cant really tell at this point on his love handles, they look about the same but his stomach does seem somewhat smaller. We didnt do any measurements on him so its really hard to tell. He is remaining pretty neutral with his satisfaction/dissatisfaction and Im having to talk him into round two. I will make sure and measure him prior to his injections this time around. My results are a loss of one inch in my lower abdomen and one inch in my waist. My current measurements are 120lbs, waist 27.5 and lower ab is 31. My bruising is completely gone. Im excited! We are both due back this friday for our second round so I will continue to give updates.