Going Blind, Globs of Hair Falling Out, and Pain and Swelling So Great After 3rd Treatment, I Prayed to Die!

Only tonight, after reading all of these reviews...

Only tonight, after reading all of these reviews am I able to put two and two together. I went into the office to see what the constant commercials were talking about. I was given a very nice person who claimed to have had the procedure four times and was still getting them. Now that I think about it, there were no lumps or bruises. Hum! Everything they "said" was great. They said they got it for free because they worked there and they looked great. (I went home and explained everything to my husband. He begged me to do my research. I said what I'd been told, "It's only what you already have in your system, how can it hurt you?") I was told over and over again that I was an excellent candidate. Everything was guaranteed. They said I might qualify for credit and I told them to see if I would. They ran my credit without me filling out any paperwork and told me I qualified for $2,500. This is after they talked me into the $6,500, 3 area procedure. They said they'd do the upper abs to perfection for $2,400. I was disappointed and told her never mind because doing it individually would lose the $700 discount. The person told me they'd already applied for the procedure and had the money. I told her I had to think about it and she said I had to contact her by Monday (a few days later). I left. I felt trapped so I went in again to discuss it. Several persons came to me to convince me. They weren't making any moves to refund me or discuss the loan. Finally, they took me in a room and told me to put on some stretch stuff, I did and then took it off, and changed my mind. They sent more people to convince me. Finally, I allowed them to shoot me up. They gave me 10 cc's. I still had not signed any paperwork for a loan. I didn't even know what the payment amount would be. Didn't know who the loan company was or anything. A few weeks later I received something from Care Credit and threw it away as junk mail. Then I received a welcome package and read it, realizing it was the credit company for FIG. Two weeks later I received 30cc's. The second time the pain was bad immediately, but my girlfriend drove me. I had gained almost two pounds and they told me if I gained weight they couldn't guarantee the shots. The third time, my stomach swole up so large it looked like a lake from the blistering. It burned so bad I was in the bed for three days sleepless and praying to die. My girlfriends came to help me. For the record, I have a high tolerance for pain. Tylenol was a joke. A few days later,I went to comb my hair and every stroke brought piles of hair. I saved it because I was in shock. I started crying and showed my husband. My hair is dropping in my face while I am driving, sitting in a chair watching tv, and taking a shower. When I touch my hair, it comes out in my hand. I've braided it because I am scared to touch it (I read that about others tonight). I woke up and couldn't see. My vision was very blurred. I ran to my eye specialist the next day. I have the earliest stages of glaucoma, which I put on my paper up front. He said that my eye was swollen and it had nothing to do with my glaucoma because it was excellent. He sent me to a neurologist (brain doctor) because he said it was something more significant and he couldn't explain it. The neurologist sent me to get a cat scan of my head. He said they didn't see anything. He sent me to a cancer doctor because there was a lump on my neck. I have had an emergency cat scan on my neck and the left side of my chest which was also swollen last week (remember lipo on upper abs). The doctor said the second scans didn't show anything but was asymetric. Tomorrow, I go for an MRI to see things from a "different perspective." At no point did I tie any of this into FIG. I ignorantly stuck to "It's the same thing that is already in your body, how can it hurt you." My husband urged me again to research it tonight. That's how I pulled up this website. As I started reading about people with their hair falling out, eyes swelling, and sweats. I realized what was going on with me. I have thousands of dollars in doctor and hospital bills now. I never told one doctor about FIG because it didn't occur to me. I have had bad ear aches, migrains, I sweat like a maniac all day (unlike me) and the bed is soaked all night. I have passed out, I have moments of dizziness. I am bruised and have terrible skin discolorations from every shot. I am afraid to go to sleep because I have awaken on numerous times temporarily blind or to black background with flourescent light designs usually in my left eye. My left eye always feels strained. I am not sure if I should drive because I don't know when I am going to lose vision. It happened at a restauraunt one night. I guess there's constant swelling. It's been three weeks and I called today and told them I couldn't stand the pain. The skin over my upper abs is so tender clothes hurt as does a light touch. Now that I am enlightened, I will tell them tomorrow I want my money back. After reading the web, I anticipate it will be almost impossible. I will pursue this with an attorney because I am not sure if I am going to go blind permanently. I will enter into a class action lawsuit with Special Agent Webster 785/368-8439 (gotten from another review), notify GA Composite Board of Medical Examiners, The Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau, and the FDA.

OMG I don't know wth they injected you with, but whatever it was it wasn't what they told you it was SUPPOSED to be. Anything that is regularly produced & metabolized by the body shouldn't have done any of that.Oh and who &/or what is F.I.G? The fact that they didn't have a Physician on staff performing this procedure would have scared me off right away and I really would have became suspicious at the entire staff trying to persuade me to get a loan and spend all of that money. I would have been like "Yeah sure, that's fine why don't you get the paperwork while I go to the ladies room" and would have headed straight out the door, to my car & drove the hell off!
I give the same advice that I gave to other with this rash idea. Trying to sue a bankrupt company is ludicrous. You'll spend a whole bunch of money on legal fees for what? For money from a company which is bankrupt? Good luck with that.
Tonya, Looks like its just you and me.. I do have a neighbor who was also doing FIG and she might jump on board.. BUT you know how some people do alot of talk and no action... Call me.. I saw the Fox5 News showing where people were at the office not releaizeing that they had closed the doors. They also recommended filing a complaint with the Office of Consumer Affairs, no guranteens but at least its a shot! I think we might need a lawyer to get in on at least TRYING to get our money back. I'm sure there going to file bankrupty in Mossouri
Great! Lets get started. My medical bills have added $200 a month extra payments to my income. That is just $20 a month on each until paid. My share of the insurance is $20, plus deductible of $2,000 and $500, plus co-pays of $35 each visit.
Robin, PLEASE email Tonya or myself so that we can get something going. I'm also calling CBS NEWS. If there is anybody else interested we might all need to jump on board. ONLY SERIOUS PEOPLE should email me or Tonya. Be ready for action.. I'm serious! Fig has now closed all there offices as of Dec 7. I was just there Thursday the 6th and notice alot of people were gone. I have 9,000 invested in this and I want my money back! I'm also going to call Care Credit who finance the other half of this. I just hope its not to late!
I am really glad that everything worked out for you. Let me know if you see any progress.
Well I made it for that 4th visit and told them how much pain i was in last time and that I was down for 2-3 days. They told me I should have called and let them know.. SOOOooo this time I not only took the tynelo, but after my injections (which they increased) I had the laser treament. And you wont beleive this it actually work I felt very little pain and expereience no down time. I did still however take it easy. The RN who did the injections also prescribed a pain killer tramendol(?) told I can spell stronger the tynenol but non-narcrotic. i took it the first nite but thats it... I'm doing ok for now. wheww glad that's over. I was worried.
Ut-oh---the Duluth office is where I go and Ericka is the same person who told me that it doesn't hurt.. HA HA what a joke. If I elect not to return for the other procedures I've paid for and dotn get a refund.. There's going to be a big problem because were talking over 8,000. Everyoen keep me posted.. I have my 4th treament in Decemeber and I am petified. (cant spell excuse me) ;-))
Yes, I finally got my bill paid off. I think we should all pick a day and picket them. Of course, letting the media know when. And although I learned there was no class action suit, I was told once that you only need three people to make a class action. Maybe we should call Robin and see if she wants in (another blogger from Duluth). After the third set of shots, it would have been impossible for me to take anymore. I was suffering from post-traumatic stress. The thought of a shot made me want to throw up and be on the verge of a panic attack. Kudos to anyone who can do it. It is the worst form of torture I have ever seen. I don't care how much Money, I wouldn't have gone on. We can win the war if they use Fig's method of torture.
Robin, when I went to the FIG office, I took a friend as a witness. When I walked up to the receptionist and said I was there to meet with the doctor, she said, "Doctor, what doctor? We don't have a doctor." I said I am supposed to meet with Erica and the doctor. she said again they didn't have a doctor. I told her I had an appointment with a doctor. She called around and eventually left her desk. I went in and met with doctor "Hammer" which I have since learned that he wasn't a board certified doctor. He looked stupid because he kept saying he looked on the internet and the medicine was safe because it was blah, blah, blah. He said a medicine I have been taking for years was responsible. All of a sudden, right? The whole thing was a joke. He said when Erica, the general manager, came in we could discuss the refund. He was only concerned with "my health." Since Erica was the one who convinced me on several occasions to have the shots, I knew her. She was the woman standing right beside him. She played it off all the way to the end, I guess forgetting she had spoken to me on numerous occasions. She even called me at home that night in the "general manager's" role saying she heard I had come into the office and spoken to Dr. Hammer and he said it was a medicine I was already on. I recognized her voice immediately and started to bust her, but I decided to continue to let her play her game. I will see her in a court room with my witness. What in the world was that about? Their "doctor" was standing right beside their "general manager" and didn't know who she was? Yet, he was defending the product with everything in him repeatedly saying he'd gotten it off the internet. I told him he must be crazy if he thinks a medicine I have been on for years with no side effects at all, is responsible for all of this, all of a sudden. Who is he? This incident makes me want to know. Erica walked me and my witness to the door and guaranteed us we wouldn't have a problem getting a refund as soon as the financial person (who wasn't in according to them) came in. I'm really sorry it has to get out of control. I tried to be fair and keep quiet about the whole thing. I've called repeatedly and been told she was on the phone after being asked who I was. Last week the receptionist told me she had processed my refund. Yet, the credit company doesn't know anything about it. I called today, and again was told after being asked who I was that she was on a phone. I've left numerous messages. I really hate this because I really like Erica. When she walked us to the door after meeting with the doctor, she was so kind and said she was only worried about my health. Just call her if I had any problems or wanted to talk, blah, blah, blah. I have tried to handle this with her and she turned her back. I've tried to be faithful to her and handle it internally and been ignored. I really hate having to go all out, but what should I do, $2,400. Probably $10,000 in medical bills, not exactly sure. I thought I was getting better, but this morning, I woke up temporarily blind, my neck was swollen, and my whole left side hurt from the shoulder to my brain. Even now, my left eye is red inside. What's going on with you?
First, I do not want anyone to go through what I am going through. Honestly, because I am not sure what I am going to do at this time, I won't say much. My advice to you is read the reviews. These things may not happen to you, but what if? FIG will not assume any responsibility for any side effects (would you?). That means it has to be "something else" because what they use is "perfectly safe", according to them. Read the reviews. Anyway, God bless you on your decision.
Tonya, I have not accepted fig's offer for a partial refund. My primary concern is also my health. Fortunately, I have not yet had the severe reaction you had but I feel like I am not outside the window of opportunity yet. My whole body is still swollen to the point that I wonder if I will ever feel "normal" again. My rings are tight, my watch is tight, my clothes do not fit, my legs still have pitted marks when pressed, etc. I hope BR that posted on here does not have negative experiences like so many others that have posted here have had. I have gotten very worried now because I really don't know what is happening to my body and if the PCDC is really safe as they say or if there could be some possible long term side effects that have yet to be seen. I hope you are beginning to have some progress in your recovery. Please keep us all update with your posts.
I haven't known how to handle this since everyone says they have extreme difficulties getting refunds. So far I just keep canceling my appointments because the skin on my stomach was so sensitive even now to the touch. Even though most of the lumps are gone, my stomach burns all the time. As I said, I never associated any of the other stuff to the shots because I was told it was only what was in my body. When I read the internet the other night about eyes, hair, etc. I was at least relieved to have a clue what was going on with me. My medical bills are extensive with eye, brain, ear,nose & throat, specialists, my general practitioner and numerous cat scans and an MRI. I don't think the medicine is localized and swells up whatever it wants to. I have been asked to talk to a major newspaper about it, but I would like to talk to FIG first. I will call tomorrow morning and ask for the General Manager.
I am SO SORRY you have gone through this, as well as other women who have written in. I'm glad to have read this and will share it with my friends. I'm disgusted with how you were treated. You need to sue. I hope you feel better soon.
Hello Tonya, I am going to the office in Duluth, just had my 2nd treatment and all is well so far, you said you started experiencing this at the 3rd treatment correct? That has me a little worried. So are there any medical conditions you have that maybe did not act well with this b/c I am only 24 and in good health, and now scared out of my mind. Please respond and let me know thanks
Thanks for your response. Did you take their offer. For me, it is not the money,it is the possible loss of my eye or like now, always feeling a pulling in my left eye. I've been sick a lot with migraine, eye aches, and stomach soreness. I haven't felt like pursuing anything. I have an appointment with FIG on Wednesday. They said meet with the doctor to start the refund process. I knew it was a prank. I feel like if anything, they can give me money for all of these doctor visits, MRI's and Cat scans.
Tonya, please follow through with your plan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General's Office, the FDA, and the Composite Board of Medical Examiners. I, too, have experienced negative side effects after having three treatments of PCDC in the Duluth, GA office. I did not file a complaint with FDA but you can rest assured that I will investigate that today because I believe that the product being used is either not safe (as they tell people) or it is being administered in some manner that is not safe. Although fig has "offered" a partial refund of my money, they said they will do so only if I sign a release to clear them of any further damages or charges. I am hypothyroid and, like you, I advised the representative I talked to of that before I ever received treatment. They treated me anyway. When I started having other health issues and consulted fig, they basically acted like I was a bothersome patient and they wanted me to go away. I didn't and I won't until they do what is right!
Hi Robin, I am the Investigative Producer at CBS 46 news. I am doing some research on lipodissolve and looking for locals that have had the procedure. Would love to chat with you. I can be reached directly at 404 327 3226. Look forward to talking to you, Michelle
Hi Michelle, it's Tonya. I posted you on a lot of sites so I hope people will call you. Did you see the blog that was from another reporter and there were so many responses (overwhelming) they had to close the site down? Wow!
I've just read your comments. What a horrible experience. I've never heard of things like this happening before. I'm glad you went and saw a doctor. I just started working for fig. Have you been back to the clinic and explained your situation? Please do this at your earliest convenience and speak with the General Manager and medical staff. Without a name I have no way of identifying you, but I did inform them that you may be coming in. If you need any help or need contact details to talk to someone in particular you can email me by clicking on my name. Let me know if there is anything else i can do.