Lipodissolve Disaster - Just a Few Pounds to Lose

With just had a few pounds to lose and a little...

With just had a few pounds to lose and a little belly,there just was no way I was going to suffer thru surgery and a scar to get that flat belly. Lipodissolve seemed like a dream come true! Even though the injections were painfull and I remained bruised and swollen for weeks after each series (I was told I needed 3)who cares if it works!

The results are horrendous! The pot holes left from the injections were so awful that I will NEVER be able to wear a bikini again.

Associates in Cosmetic Surgery

This product should be banned in this country. I was not informed that it was not FDA approved, nor was I made aware of the deformities that could result.

Has anyone found anything to fix this? I had my tummy done about seven years ago, and the results were horrendous. I eat super healthy and exercise religiously and it still looks awful. So depressing. I tried Velashape, a couple lymphatic drainage massages, and even acupuncture.....nothing made a lick of difference.
Hi, I had this treatment too, but under the name of mesotherapy. I had 4 sessions, 2 in last November, and 2 in December with a very low calorie and No salt diet as the doctor suggested. After the first 2 sessions I lost 7 cm around each of my upper thighs, I didn't have the chance to be measured after the 4th but I became size 36 for the first time in my life. By the way I am 37 years old.. I was happy until around March. Suddenly back of my thighs became like more or less like Jean's belly. And I have loose skin all over my legs. Also I have many many lipomas under my skin which give me pain sometimes. Now I am having endermologie, and lymphatic drainage massage. I hope they help as well as they can.. I am really depressed and don't know how to deal with this feeling..I'll post if I get any little change by these procedures..
Try vasershape to fix it. My dr tells me she has lots of patients that use vasershape to fix lumps left from lipo and lipodis.
I was wrong. The acetyl l-carnitine did seem to cause spot reduction but I got scar tissue in my stomach. If you experiment with any of this, do it on a small scale. For the people that lost fat but just had loose skin, that seems like a good result to me. This happens all the time to people that lose a lot of weight. You have to have surgery to remove the excess skin. The scar tissue is like a hard lump right under your skin. I would not recommend the acetyl l-carnitene suspension.
Turns out that the substance injected can cause excessive scar tissue under the skin. I have the same results as Jean.
I'm not sure if it's politically correct, but after having two treatments myself with NO improvement, I'm wondering where you had yours done?
Lipodissolve did not work for me. I had 6 treatments and did not see any improvement. I am getting regular liposuction done next month,should have just done that to begin with.
No!! Don't pay attention to DoItYourSelfer! I ordered pharmaceutical grade lipodissolve direct from Germany to use on my inner thights and DID it myself, and I wish I hadn't. I even bought an ultrasound vibrator to use to disperse the injections evenly. My results were basically the same. The fat was diminished, but my skin did not tighten up AT ALL. I have less fat but really horrible hanging wrinkly skin more than I had before. My inner thighs used to look 50, now they look 65 (and I am only 53). I wish to heck I had left well enough alone. I had to stop wearing bathing suits completely. When I go to the pool to swim, I have wear a trisuit that covers me to my knees. Stay away from this stuff!
I'm curious - how much overweight were you? Is the sagging skin and dimples just from rapid weight loss coupled with limited skin elasticity? The reason I ask is I know of a doctor who will not perform this procedure on obese women. He will only perform it on fit women with under 15 pounds of excess weight. I suspect it is to avoid this dimpling issue.
According to my doctor and everyone who knows me, not overweight at all. I weighed 128 - higher than my normal of 118 due to menopause. I have beautiful skin and really, really bad connective tissue. Sagging is a huge issue for me, especially as I get older. Runs in my family, unfortunately. All the women I am related to look really tragic without their clothes.
Um......did you try working out along with the treatment? ? Can't always blame science for every thing someone has to assume responsibility as well.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I also have the same problem in my stomach.. I had lipo dissolve done over 2 years ago and always had a great stomach, I now cannot wear a bathing suit and have ruined my stomach. I am very depressed as well.. Is there any treatments or procedures that can be done to correct this?
Also, I'm working on something I've read that works online. It is a suspension of acetyl l-carnitine. I'm trying it now. I'll let you know if it works. I simply inject it with insulin needles.
I was curious to see if the acetyl I carnitine worked??
Those aren't pot marks. You've lost fat but your quantity of skin has remained the same. That is simply your loose skin hanging.
In an effort to remove a stubborn pot belly and handles I gave LD a go. I am active sport wise and have little other fat of concern. I'm mid 40's. After the text book bruising, swelling and soreness, all returned to normal. I was advised that improvements would continue over 3-6 months. NOTHING! Not a change. Around 12 months later went back to the (Melbourne) Dr for appraisal. He seemed surprised and provided a second round at no charge. Very good of him I thought. Now around 12 months after that second round, NOTHING, no improvment. Save your money, don't bother.
i so agree. how many treatments did you have? the girl that did mine said i only needed one treatment. i went back and showed it to the surgeon he said i needed to do more treatment. the girl said dont put anything tight on and no massaging for one week. i think thats opposite of what your suppose to do. that was last year im just scared to do anything.
I am so sorry, believe me, everyday I look to see if it has gotten better. I actually had a tummy tuck and thought that would fix it. Initially, it did, but after a few months the pot holes came back and now I have a 13 inch scar as well. Bikram yoga, dieting to the point of 27% fat and still pot holes. Thinking about thermage or smart lipo, but with this economy?? There really should be better controls over this product or, at the very least, some disclosure. Please let me know if you find something and i will do the same. Jean
With respect Jean - 27% is a high body fat level and is on the high end of 'acceptable' for women. 31% is classified as obese. I'm 22% bodyfat, teach yoga and I still have belly fat.
i had the same results.jean mine looks just like your pictures. i had it done two years ago and have been living with it since im so depressed. it ruined my tummy. i am so scared to do anything to try to fix it. please if you have any advice let me know.
Have you ever found anything to help? I had this done about 7 years ago now, and my stomach still looks awful. I diet and exercise religiously and nothing has helped! Sooo depressing.
I am thinking about getting lipo dissolve soon just to get rid of the stubborn fat alittle worried.
This has NOT been banned in Canada, I am living here and have had 5 treatment now, all with wonderful results. I guess I am lucky! I just jumped right in without researching, so far I have had nothing but great results though. I am sorry your experience was so awful though.
I also live in Canada and had lipodissolve that did permanent damage leaving me with indentations. Can u plz tell me where u had yours done & the name of the doctor so I can contact him? Thank you.