Had Procedure Done 3 Hours Ago....not As Bad As I Expected!

I did my research, including looking at this...

I did my research, including looking at this message board, so I was expecting things to be a lot worse than they actually were. My impression was that the problems described here seemed to be with someplace called Fig and their staff; so I took a chance and tried it at another place called {edited}. Before the procedure, I met with a consultant who fully explained everything to me, including the worst of the side effects and typical side effects. She did not downplay any side effects and made sure I understood that there will be swelling and bruising. She gave me instructions on what types of foods/substances to avoid a week before the procedure and then two days before the procedure. I followed the instructions closely. Today, a nurse practitioner went over everything again, gave me a physical and went over my medical history information again. She did not give me any type of pain medication. She explained that lidocaine (sp?) was mixed in the solution and there really wasn't need for it. I still expected pain, so I was nervous. She "mapped out" the area while discussing with me to make sure we were on the same page (I had my "flanks" done). I braced myself for the pain I was expecting after reading this board, and I was very surprised to find that the sensation was a pricking feeling, but nothing that made me clench my teeth or tense up. I stayed pretty relaxed the entire time. Shortly after, I started feeling an itching/burning sensation where I was injected, which I was told was normal. I was lucky enough not to be sick or even "woozy". I drove myself home with no problem and ran a couple of errands. It's been about 3 hours now, and I am continuing to feel this itching/burning sensation. I took a look at the injection site in the mirror. It looks like I have hives or stings where I was injected. I did notice that a few of the places where I was injected are starting to look like they are going to bruise. I was told all this is to be expected, so I'm not freaking out. I actually took the afternoon and tomorrow off work because I thought I would need to, so we will see how it goes. From what I've heard, I may start swelling up and feeling more pain later. I will post again tomorrow and give an update. Note: The $4000 is for a large area for six sessions AND a small area for six sessions Editor note: you must be contacted privately to discuss a specific practice or practitioner. Readers should click on your username to reach the private contact form.

I am going in for my third treatment next tuesday. I have lost about 2" from my flanks. I am dieting and exercising according to the guidelines given to me by my service provider. I am also working out with a trainer and seeking nutritional advice thru a registered dietician. I have had some discomfort from my second series of injections but it subsided after a few weeks. I'm sorry to hear that so many people are having a hard time with this procedure. My service provider told me it was going to be uncomfortable and I was going to hurt. She also told me to drink plenty of water and resume exercise within two days. All I can say is get over it. I hope that you did not expect this to be a comfortable joy ride or an easy way to lose weight. It is not an EASY ANYTHING!! Just remember what Dolly said in 'Steel Magnolias' "There is no such thing as natural beauty!"
My consult went well and I even saw some before and after pictures. I spoke with two people at the office who had the procedure done and are extremely happy with the results. They both plan on a few more treatments when their finances can handle it. Advanced Care Wellness has treated hundreds of women and only 3 that the receptionist could tell me we're satisfied. One is coming back for more treatments, my understanding is that one treatment wastn't enough. The other two didn't see the results they were expecting. I'm scheduled for 2 treatments, one on April 18th and the another on May 30th because your not supposed to have the same area treated within a month of each other. Each treatment is $250. I will see how the first two treatments go along with a workout schedule and consistent eating habits to determine if a 3rd treatment is necessary. I'm planning for better looking thighs, given having had a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Not to mention a honeymoon to Hawaii after 7 years of marriage. Wish me luck....
WOW!!! After reading these comments, I'm confused. My cost is $250 per area. At most $1000 the nurse told me. I can't believe how much money has been spend by so many......I go for a consult next week and will be anxious to discuss what I have read here.
I am planning on getting lipodissolve done. I do not have alot of fat in my abdomen but its really hard to get rid of. I work out 3-5 days a wk and I know if I was able to workout more it would go away, but I don't have the time so i figured I would try this non-evasive surgery. It seems there are more horrier stories than there are good ones. I am very scared to try this procedure because of the swelling. I am a bikini bartender and have to be in a bikini. Does anyone know how long the swelling will actually last for. I know everyone is different but I was hoping someone could give me a ball park range.
You will have a good bit of swelling for at least 4 days. You will also have bruises and tender spots.
do you swell up alot?
Hi, Sherri how are you? Well, I've been thinking about having this little procedure done and in fact I go Monday to have my consultation. I'm kind of excited about, but I,m a little worried after reading some things on this site. Do you think the injections are woth it and what are some things that you may suggest? How are you resulting from you injections? Please let me know and keep me posted.
I had my first lipodissolve this morning, and I was also very concerned after reading the posts on this site. Like Sheri313, I too had a NP consult with me prior to my procedure, was given very blunt and honest information regarding pain, swelling, bruising. I was told to have no alcohol, caffeine, junky or salty foods, ibuprofen products and drink lots of water for a week before. I also ate lots of fruits (such as pineapple and banana). I am in my mid 30's and have 2 teens and I had started to gain weight - of course I had stretch marks too! The facility I went to is run by an MD and is a top facility in the Columbus, Ohio area who specializes in only non invasive surgical procedures. When I went in my husband came right in with me. He stayed until they took me back for the procedure but we all had an easy time and they answered all his questions and made him feel comfortable too (he was worried). During my procedure the doctor was attentive regarding any pain and took the time to keep me informed about what she was doing next. I had ultrasound and lipoD on my outer thighs and Thermage on my tummy, bottom and back of thighs. Honestly, I feel fine. Since I did combine lipoD with Thermage they gave me pain medicine but I just relaxed today in bed and while the lipoD area is a little sore am otherwise doing great. I am eating fine and relaxing in bed but can walk around and use the stairs fine. I am not woozy either. The swelling is not terrible like I thought. I read others talk about looking like a circus performer, but I don't. I am taking Tylenol and using Arnicare gel so that helps. I have a few small bruises, some needle pricks and tenderness to the touch but other than that, I'm very satisfied. My next procedure is April 24 and I will be doing my love handles and inner thigh with lipoD. I'll keep you posted as the weeks progress since both Thermage and lipoD take time to work. I will say that the areas that had Thermage are soft and smooth and the stretch marks are much smaller. Overall I lost inches to my tummy but she did have it on a 4-5 setting since I was on meds. I have no burns or tenderness to the Thermage area.
and your getting the treaments where? nobody is answering me? I'm very curious. I'm so piss that I may have lost 6,000 i wanna know.. A private pysician?
liznatl, Go online and look for a certified pysician that does this and is certified in the treatment. I live in Minnesota and we have several reputable places that do it. Ask to speak to someone that has had it done so you can get the answers you need. I've had an easy process so far and it only costed me $400. a time.
I tried posting where I'm receiving my procedure on here initially, but they edit it out. Sorry! I will try again...I am going to Sona MedSpa in NC.
ok thanks... I was wondering where everyone was going. Have doctors always done this pratice in there office? I actually never heard of lipposdissolve untill I went to FIG. I dont think I want to endure the pain so MORE than likely I will not be doing it again. I'll just endure the pain of exercising and TRYING to eat right... I just wish I'd known before I shelled out all that money to FIG cause it sounds like its ALOT cheaper at the physicians office. LIVE AND LEARN as they say!
Its March 04. I am curious to your update, and do you see any result yet? Thanks
I'm curious where you all are getting these injections? I know FIG here in Atlanta has closed ALL of there offices, Nationwide and alot of people have lost jobs and cash money.(Including me 6,000) Have you all been reading anything about the good and bad of lipodissolve? I had 4 injections before they closed the doors. I was one of the happy ones with the results but MAD AS hell about my money. Fortunately I was able to get the other 3,000 credited back to my Care Credit account. My suggestions to anyone do not pay in cash and do not pay in full until services have been rendered. I'd also like to add my 3rd visit was very painful and I was down for a few days. I did let them know how server it was and the did some type of laser on the nodeles and that was ALOT better.. then they closed. I wish everyone good luck with this BUT I'm goign back to the sure way Eat right, exercise consistently...
It's March 11, and I just wanted to give an update. I have had trouble logging on to this site. For some reason, my password is always wrong, and I have to wait for them to send a new login for me....anyway, I haven't had time to deal with it until now.....so sorry for the delay. March 3, I went for my 3rd treatment for my flanks (love handles) and my 2nd treatment for my upper back thighs. This last appointment, the procedure seemed to be more uncomfortable. This is because, since I only wait 2 weeks between treatments, I am still sore in the areas to be treated. When the NP pinches my skin to give me the injection, it is very uncomfortable (more than the first time). I was told I could wait longer between treatments so that I won't still be so tender, but it is not really painful, just very uncomfortable; and I want to try to complete my treatments and see the results before summer. What happens afterwards has pretty much been the same each time. After a couple of hours, I notice swelling and prickly/itching feeling. I feel really sore the first 24 hours and then a couple of days afterwards, less sore and less swollen and my skin tone starts looking normal again. I would recommend taking the day off the day of your procedure just to relax and deal with being swollen, sore and itchy. The next day, I am able to run around as usual. Because I'm going every two weeks, I haven't really given myself time to show results between treatments. I can tell near the end of the 2nd week, that my love handles are shrinking and/or my skin looks firmer. My NP measures my waist/hips and thighs when I go in, but I really haven't shown a reduction other than a centimeter or so. This is probably because I'm not giving myself time for the swelling to go down between treatments.
Hi, Amy Judging from the other posts I've read, it sounds like my experience isn't typical (or it may be that people usually don't take the time to post things unless they're upset or dissatisfied with something...I don't know..). The day of my last post (the day after the procedure), I did end up going shopping for about 3-4 hours. I felt pretty tired and sore after that, so I spent the rest of the day/night relaxing, doing household chores, etc. The pain never did get any worse. It still felt like the kind of soreness you feel after working out for the first time in a while. By the next day (two days after the procedure), I was not as sore and felt fine. My skin started looking like its normal tone. I still have the 3 bruises but they look like they're getting better. Today is Day 6 after the procedure, and I feel normal. When I touch the area that was treated, it is kind of tender; but it doesn't hurt. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was! Of course, all people react differently. I don't go back in until Feb. 18 to have another treatment. At that time, I will have a large and small area done at the same time (my flanks/love handles plus my upper back thighs). Last time I only had my flanks done, so the next experience may be different. I'll post again then, and let you know how I feel. Good Luck! Sherri
It's been a few days since sherri313 posted. I am curious to your update. I will be getting the procedure done soon. Did you swell much?
Just wanted to give an update. It has been 20 hours now since the procedure. The burning/itching feeling stopped about 5 hours after the procedure and started to feel more like the soreness you feel the day after working out muscles you haven't worked out in a while. As I was sitting, I didn't feel any pain at all, but if I moved or turned, I felt sore in the area. I never did get sick. I actually had a huge appetite last night because I have been very careful about what I was eating a few days before the procedure and only ate a banana and 2 whey protein shakes the day of the procedure; so by last evening, I was ready for something more filling. I have been drinking lots of water, too. The NP gave me some amica gel and antibiotic ointment to rub on the area 3 times a day, so I've been doing that. When I looked at the area in the mirror this morning, I noticed it no longer looks like stings or hives, but you can tell the skin is irritated (more red. When I rub my hand across the area, it still feels kind of "bumpy", like the "stings" were still there. I also have 3 small bruises. Two of them look kind of like the shape of a burn you might get on your hand when you accidently touch it with a hot iron or like the burn you might get when straightening or curling your hair when you accidently touch your forehead or neck. The other one is about the size and shape of a dime. They are pretty dark, though. I have a few "red dots" across the area, too (where the needles were injected). When I woke up, I was expecting to be swollen like a blowfish after reading some of these reviews, so once I stepped in front of the mirror, I didn't think I looked swollen much at all (I guess because I was expecting to look so huge). However, when I attempted to put on my skinny jeans, I couldn't comfortably get them fastened. I had to switch to my jeans that usually fit sort of loose around the waist, and it feels fine. I did wear my spanx, by the way, until I went to bed last night. I slept without it. I put them back on this morning because it helps to keep clothes from rubbing up against the area. It probably helps to make the jeans fit better, too. I bought Benadryl yesterday because the NP said it may help me sleep if I'm feeling discomfort. I never had to take it, though. I did not have any pain. Again, it was kind of like when your muscles are sore from working out. When I was still, I couldn't tell a difference; but when I turned over or moved, it felt really sore. I took the day off today because I wasn't sure how I would react; but, so far, everything seems to be fine. I am up and feeling good and happy to have the free time to go shopping! :) I heard that some side effects could show up after a couple of days, so I will continue to post just to give an idea of how I'm progressing.