Finally Did It. - Lincoln, NE

I just had my TT Friday. I am PO day 4 and I feel...

I just had my TT Friday. I am PO day 4 and I feel pretty good. My husband and my 11yr. old son have been my wonderful nurse!! Don't know what I would do without them. The experience was amazing, my PS was amazing and the nursing staff at the Surgical Center where I stayed were the best.

I need some advice on the back pain. When does it get better? Also, was planning on going back to work today, but rethought that and am going back on Thurday (PO day 6). Any advice?

OK day 10 and I truly feel amazing, I've...

OK day 10 and I truly feel amazing, I've worked 3 days so far and it hasn't been too bad. Could I have used another week? You bet!! Unfortunately, my surgeon told me with my line of work that I would be fine on PO day 4, not so much. But as soon as I took the Zofran for my nausea I had more energy, and felt amazing.

Obviously I'm being careful with picking up my 2 year old son, and I have to say not having to change a diaper in a week and s half is like a vacation from reality!

My swelling is getting better every day. My surgeon won't take my drain out until it had been in for three weeks. That's ok, I guess, kinda getting used to the gross thing.

My husband has made the comment that he hadn't seen naked for 6 years (since my 6 year old was born), he said the fact that I will allow him to see me now made it worth it for him. All those years he was never insensitive regarding my securities, makes me realize how truly blessed I am. All the times I would move his hand away from my midsection, in fear that he would feel my ick. Now I am more confident, and i can't be more happy.