I Should Have Done It a Long Time Ago - Lilburn, GA

Pros...awake the entire time, no discomfort during...

Pros...awake the entire time, no discomfort during procedure
Cons...meds had me sick (nauceous, throwing up, drowsy)

Personal goals...I wanted to be happy in the skin I'm in. I recently went through a horrible break up so I needed this to boost my confidence.

It's only been 1 day but I know the results will be remarkable.

I wish I knew how much pain I'd be in the next day and how tight the garments would be.

I went in for my follow up friday and I lost 4 inches in my bra roll, 4.5 at my waist and 2 around my hips. I'm STILL noticeably swollen in my lower abs so they expect for me to lose a lot more! THANK GOD! So far, I'm pleased. Right now I only have 1 roll instead of 3 on my back :-) and my bra size went down...Not the cup but the back. They told me I even have to get a smaller garment bcz I loss the inches. I'm hoping to go down another 2-3 inches in each area. That would be AWESOME!
Ok gals. Had my love handles and stomach done. Considering it's not quite three days, I feel it looks ok. I have about an inch or two that's really flabby above pubic area. They said it will firm up again. I have four skin tyte sessions that I'll use to tighten the stomach. Did any of you experience this?
I had some loose skin the day after my procedure but I swell up almost immediately after taking my garment off to shower. Believe it or not, I'm 5 weeks in and still swollen and tender. The Dr. sucked out some fat where my pubic hair grows and that was REALLY flabby once the swelling went down but now it's firm and back to looking normal. You'll go through a few changes before you see some pleasing results...NO worries.
I'm in pa. Having in done in weirton wv. Friend works at an office there. Seemingly good reputation and results so.... fingers crossed.
It'll be fine! You'll be happy about NON "pouch" look. :-)
Elegantladyt. I don't see any incision points on your abs. I can see mine. Though small its still visible. What did you use?
I heal pretty well after surgeries but I do a LOT of massaging to the incision points. I also use the cocoa butter stretch mark lotion (every morning and night), neosporin and hydroquinone (skin bleaching cream). I loved my smooth belly even with it was ROUND so I have to have a regimen to keep it smooth. I had emergency surgery in 06 and those scars completely disappeared just from massaging them daily. The scar tissue also disappeared as well. I hope this helps you!
It does. Will try that too
Everyone seems happy about their procedures mostly. Good to hear. I'm having abdomen done along with love handles this Tuesday. Then three weeks later inner thighs. I'm super nervous about being awake. Any advice besides the xanax they are giving me? I am a 40-29-40. Size ten. I exercise three/four times a week. My c-sections has my abs very "pouch like". Really looking for the flatter stomach. :)
Yeah, I was super nervous about the whole process especially since the day after I had my consultation I had my procedure. NO TIME TO CHANGE MY MIND! I really don't have any advice for you during the procedure. It was seemingly painless! I watched the Olympics, talked on my phone and text throughout the entire surgery. The Dr. and I had several conversations so, that helped to make me comfy too. Where do you live? Are you in Ga?
I had the same experience as elegantladyt
I did my procedure on 08/30. It went very well. The surgery itself was not that bad, but its the recovery that is kinda uncomfortable. I was VERY swollen for a few days, but it gets better every day. I am still a little swollen and my stomach is hard. Its been a week and a day since I did it, and I have already dropped a dress size. The docto said it will look better in 3 months. The one thing I tell people is do not expect to lose weight. I did not. I am the same weight as I was before I went in. Only now with a flat belly which is really what I wanted. :)
Wow you look great! I am just 1 wk post op and I can't wait to get to your stage.
Thank you! I'm going for my follow up friday...FINALLY! I'm so impatient, I can't wait for the final result. I need to lose about 15 pounds too so I'm looking forward to being my high school weight again.
I have my appointment in 2 weeks. I am excited but nervous. I am doing my abs this year and next year inner thighs. I exercise quite a bit and eat clean most times. But there is always that mommy pouch that I have not been able to get rid of. I turn 40 in a couple of months. I always told myself that I would do lipo when I turn 40. So there.
So how did it go? Did you do the procedure as yet?
Procedure went great! I am 8 days post up and I have some hardening. I mean HARD. My belly is a little sore. But I have already dropped one dress size. I have not worked out since but hope to start on Monday. I am happy with the results. Oh. The garment they gave me is already loose
It will be 4-6 months before your body heals completely. Swelling is a normal reaction to trauma. 5 days is really too soon to see your results. be patient!!
I'm feeling some kind of way about my procedure today. I know I'm still swollen and in fact parts of my stomach are still numb BUT it seems like my 1 day post op appearance was better than my 5 day post of appearance. Why is that? I can't seem to be able to get the perfect garment to flatten my lower tummy and that bothers me. I have the Body Magic in a 30 and this weekend I am exchanging it for a 28 which is super duper tight. Although it makes my waist tiny everything (booty, lower stomach, hips) else SQUEEEEEEZES out so I went out and got spanx to keep all of that under control. Am I just rushing it and simply need to give it time or did I not work as well as I thought it did? UGH...frustration!
My doc said that at 7 days you will be at your most swollen and then it should get better every week. He also said that you look bigger because water fills up the space where the fat was but later your body just absorb the water and you get your true shape.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Your post-op pics looks awesome, hopefully your results will continue to get better and better! Please do keep us updated on your progress.

I finally have the Body Magic in the appropriate size. In my opinion the garment I was given at the Dr. was EXTREMELY too tight and when I made that known I don't think they listened. That was very disheartening especially because of the rave reviews I read about that particular office! They were pleasant and fun but "PAIN" and "DISCOMFORT" are two different things. The inability to breathe is NOT a sign of discomfort. I even got blisters on both sides...I'm not sure if it was from the garment, the procedure or the tape but I was kinda freaked out when I took everything off the next morning. The only thing I feel now is some soreness. Almost like I've been doing crunches all day. I think I'm still a little swollen so I've been taking Arnica pills and I've heard Bromelain is good for swelling and inflammation so I may go get some. I'm only 3 days post op and I know I have a long road ahead but I believe it was worth it. I'll update in a few days or so... Oh, last thing; I'm itching like HELL! LOL I've been taking Benadryl to help that so I'm coping.
Glad you are happy with your results! The pain gets better after about 48 hours, so hang in there! The garment was the worst for me and I was so glad when I didn't have to wear it anymore.
congrats! gosh i want it SO BAD!!