Smart Lipo of Upper and Lower Abs and Flanks and Bra Rolls - Lilburn, GA

I've always dreamed of a flat tight stomach but...

I've always dreamed of a flat tight stomach but never had the time or motivation to dedicate to a healthy lifestyle to achieve the results. I've always wanted to do lipo but was always hesitant because of the risks. I heard that smart lipo was a less risky surgery so I decided to go for it. I contacted Dr. Boutte's office and was put in touch with Crystal Johnson in appointments. I made my appointment for my consultation and was super excited. I was a previous patient of Dr. Boutte and liked her and felt that I could trust her skill level. When I arrived for my consultation, I thought I would be meeting with Dr. Boutte, but I did not. I met with Nurse Lee who walked me through the areas she thought I needed to get done and I agreed. The consultation was simple enough. After, they sent me to Crystal for financing. To be honest, this is when the "bad" feeling reared it's head and I should have listened to my conscious but dismissed it as nerves. I felt pressured to make a decision that day instead of having an opportunity to go home and think it over. Not only that, their advertising clearly was misleading indicating, buy one area and get another for free, far from the case. It was buy THREE areas and get one free. When I brought this to Crystal's attention, she dismissed it as not having enough space to get into the details of the deal. Right then, I should've walked away because I was clearly being lied to. She gave me a before and after procedure list as well as called in my needed prescriptions for before and after the surgery. When I called my pharmacy to check the status, they were not there. Turns out that she called them into the wrong pharmacy. I called and emailed her and asked that she correct this. I heard nothing back. So, I just called the pharmacy myself and asked them to transfer the prescriptions to the correct pharmacy. Not really a big deal, but for the money I was spending, I figured she could have at least called or emailed me back. I received a call from Crystal 2 days prior to surgery to remind me to start taking my antibiotics and ask that we move the surgery up and hour and a half because Dr. Boutte had an event that she needed to attend that evening, I said no problem. The day of surgery, I arrived on time only to wait in the waiting room for 45 minutes before being called in. What was the point of moving the surgery up? Once they call me in, they give me a cocktail of drugs to help me "calm down", they actually knocked me completely out so I was not awake like some others who claim to be awake during the surgery. I must say that Nurse Lee was completely professional and nice and seemed to know what she was doing. I vaguely remember seeing Dr. Boutte, only her smiling face through the fog that was my sedation. Initially after surgery I was in a lot of pain! But immediately noticed a huge difference from before. So I was happy. I was able to walk around immediately after so when I say a lot of pain, it may just be because my threshold for pain is really low. The first week was hard. If you are going to do this surgery, I would recommend taking the full week off from work. You are losing so much fluid and leaking all over the place, it's embarrassing. Not only that, getting in and out of the car is difficult as well as sitting all day. The first week I called nurse Lee several times and she was always available to help me and was very kind at that. Initially I was really happy because I could see such a huge difference in size, but now that most of my swelling and all of my bruising is gone my stomach looks extremely lumpy, bumpy, wavy and saggy. I also initially thought that I she did not do one of my bra rolls. I raised this concern with Nurse Lee during my first follow up (I still have yet to see or hear from Dr. Boutte). I am hoping that my stomach will start to look more normal soon seeing that I'm only 5 weeks out of surgery. I had to reschedule my second follow up so I'm going in this Friday and will update you guys then. Again, did Dr. Boutte get rid of all if not most of the fat on my stomach, absolutely. Does my stomach look good? No. I've had several friends who have done this procedure with other doctors and did not have this wavy, bumpy, lumpy appearance and 2 of them had way bigger stomachs than I did.

So I had my follow up on Friday and expressed all of my concerns. Nurse Lee was helpful and caring as always and arranged for me to get a "touch up" on the bra rolls that I believe were never done.( I still have not seen Dr. Boutte but passed by her in the hallway. I know that she is busy but it would've helped to alleviate my concerns if she had just a moment to look at what I was talking about and tell me how I can help make it better. )This made me happy! She told me that the lumps, bumps and waves will go away with time. I wear my compression garment 23 hours out of the day, I even sleep with it so I thought it would help smooth it out faster and am nervous that it won't look natural in time for a vacation that I have coming up. I think in total I've lost almost 20 inches even though I haven't lost a pound. That is most likely my fault as I was sick for two weeks and eating more than I should've. My touch up is scheduled for June 27th. I pushed it out that far because I didn't want to do it before my vacation and risk looking even more lumpy and bumpy. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes..

Side view

Side view 5 weeks post op

Front view not so much

Front view 5 weeks post op

Side view before

Huge Difference is size!

Changed my review to worth it!

So even though I still have an issue with the lumpy, uneven appearance, I am happy with the total amount of fat lost. I love the way that I look in clothes and have been receiving a lot of compliments. I am hoping that my stomach takes on a more normal appearance soon so that I can show my new tummy off!

Front View, Side View

Updated pictures
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

It's hard for me to review Dr. Boutte seeing that I haven't seen or spoken to her at all but Nurse Lee is phenomenal and very caring.