40 Yr Mother of 2 with Very Busy Life :-)

I am having my Smart Lipo procedure tomorrow...

I am having my Smart Lipo procedure tomorrow afternoon with Dr. Boutte in Lilburn, GA. I live in AL and had my consultation with via phone mid-November, 2013. I was pleasantly surprised that she personally replied my email requesting info about the procedure. She was very easy to talked to and was detailed/thorough. Anyway, I had sent her my pics & was told that I could benefit from Smart Lipo. This was great news for me because my local surgeons suggested Tummy Tuck which I couldn't afford the long healing process and added stress on my husband and kids. Anyway, the rest is history. My appointment was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, and all test results had been sent, medicines, creams etc have been bought and I've started my required meds. Yippea!!!

Day 2 post op stats

One more thing, I measured myself at home on 1/2/14 and got the following stats in my upper, mid and bottom waist: 39, 37.5 & 39 respectively. I remeasured myself yesterday after eating and prior to my bath at night: I measure at 35 all through! I just got a call from Ms. Lee ( awesome !) She was just checking in me and wanted to make sure that I was draining well and recording the drainage amount (those are the two tubes you see at the bottom of my front profile).

Pics day 1 post op

Stats...

Day 3 post op

Ok...ok...ok.... I'd like to apologies to the readers out there about my postings. I'm not used to this but, I'm trying to get as much out there as I can. Let me start with this... Today, 1/6/14 is day 3 post op. I've attached pictures taken this afternoon of all my profiles and with the garment and brace on :-) . I had written a detailed account of what I went through but it didn't post AAARGH !!!!! :-))) Okay, me-bad. Here it goes and hope this helps anyone.
I arrived at Dr. Boutte's office prior to my 3pm appt. I was called in a little after 3:30. No qualms about that cause I kept myself busy judging everybody .... Just kidding, I was reading. So bring something to read to pass time :-). I met with Lee (awesome woman). We chatted, took pics and stats. Sorry, I forgot to ask, but will get info at my next appt for you- promise :-). We went upstairs to get prepped. Pls bring your meds!!! Now, I noticed nobody mentioned getting a catheter! Yes, a catheter!!! It was weird, but Lee was great. So, just breath through it. That's what she said, that's what I did, and it done before I could ask, "When are you going to start?" I met Dr. Boutte for the first time and was psyched. She was pleasant, warm, professional and FIIIIINNNNEEEE!!!! Hey, I call it as I see it:-) She reminded me if what she planned to do- Upper abs, Lower abs, Flanks/Live handles and Bra rolls.
The pain during the procedure itself is subjective. So, pls be aware that we're all different. I was in & out. I talked and expressed discomfort using my fingers, but it was tolerable. She listened to me and made sure that I was okay. That's what makes her so awesome! I have no clue what time it ended, but knew when I had I had to put the garments on. I was draining and had 2 attachments for this. My hubby and boys were waiting, got me supper, arrived at the hotel at 12:15am (Saturday), ate, took my meds and was in lala land :-). I woke up twice before 4am and threw up everything! Why, the Lortabs. I completely forgot to take an alternative :-))) My husband was right there to help me out of bed, get me to the bathroom and clean me up. Maaaan, I was a walking baby (lol).
At 6:25am, I woke up, got out of bed myself, did the mommy thing: checked to make sure that everyone was breathing properly, on their own side of the bed, checked the door to make sure it was locked ..... Okay, I hear you :-) I couldn't help it. My recovery was reliant on my family's safety - hahaha. On a more serious note, I walked around a bit and started to massage by back and belly. I know it's still inflamed & a bit sore about 6 on a scale of 10 ( remember, it's subjective :-)) I went back to sleep and woke up at 2pm! I wish I could sleep that long everyday :-) Now, when I got home yesterday ( day 2 post op) I used my portable Shiatsu body massage to massage my back and it worked wonders cause it loosed me up. I still am massaging my torso too. I slept well and today is great! I'm still massaging my tummy and I've religiously kept my garments on. I'm drinking a lot of fluids and eating wisely too. This is a major change and you have to approach it with honesty. It's not for weight loss, but body contouring. I used to weigh 225 Dec 2011 and went down to 196 as if last week. The scale says I weigh 198. That's to be expected because I was pumped with fluids and inflammation. So, don't Greek out because the scale throws out weird numbers. Just follow the doctor's orders, be true to yourself and love your new body. It's yours, so enjoy looking forward to the sexier you. Photos taken today attached. No measurements taken. Talk to you later :-)

Add on to day 3 post op

To the Greek readers out there, I meant to say to toward the end, "So, don't freak out...." Pls replace the "G" for an "f". Sorry. As for pain level, it' a 2/10. See ya'll later.

Day 4 post op

Today was fine. I just realized that I didn't mention that I had 2,750cc of fat extracted! That's a lot. Anyway, I don't miss it :-) I'm still using my Shiatsu massager for my back, but I plan to purchase a hand-held massager for my abs and sides. I know how to perform lymphatic massage, but it's different performing it on myself, a bit uncomfortable and tiring. My tubes are coming out in the morning cause I've drained less than 25cc in both tubes- (35cc or less within a 24 hr period is the requirement per Lee at the office). I plan to resume walking on the treadmill by the end of the week. I still need to take things slow cause I'm still healing. Oh, lest I forget... If you plan on having this surgery, cook ahead of time and freeze your food/stews if you have kids and are the cook at home. You have to eat low sodium foods afterwards cause sodium helps retain water and that's something you don't want. I can't think of anything else right now. Stay blessed ya'll. Will update on day 7 or sooner if any major changes occur :-)

Correction!!!

In order to have the drainage tubes removed, I have to collect less than 30cc in each bag, not 35cc as stated earlier. Thanks

Day 5 post op: "Free at Last!!!"

Morning ya'll :-) Thank God, the drainage tubes came out. I can now look at my front profile without two extra "balls" playing "pick-a-boo" under my loose clothing :-))).. I've gone ahead to order an extra stage garment and binder, one size smaller that the one I got from the dr.'s office. So far, no more pain, but the expected discomfort and soreness remains.

Day 8 post op

This entry is being made at 12:46am. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but one thing led to another and... Anyway, I very pleased with the outcome. it's been a week now and I know that a lot if changes are expected. I have started to apply Bacitracin to the incision sites. I continued to leak out of my left side where the drainage tube used to be for another couple of days (only when I had to take off/put on my garment. No more drainage now. I continue to massage my back and sides with the Shiatsu and have begun massage my stomach with my hands. I have my garment on while using the Shiatsu cause the pressure from the automatic rollers is just too much for me to handle so early in my recovery. As for my stomach, I do it both with and without the garment. My stomach isn't as sensitive to touch anymore which I like. I noticed that I have to stretch my skin out on the right side of my lower abs. I noticed that there is a some tightness there, but with continued work, I hope to improve the look over the next few weeks. My next apt with Dr. Boutte is on the 4th of next month. I pray that things look better and she's happy with my progress too. Something else I want to share is that I hate sleeping on my back, but I've had to for the past week. I'm going to switch to my stomach today when I go to bed and will let you know later how it goes. I've tried sleeping on my sides, but the pain is so bad that I'm scared to stay in position beyond 2 seconds! I've attached pictures taken early yesterday morning. I hope to receive my new garments within the next few days. Anyway, I plan to do weekly updates unless things change.

7 days post op photos

It' been 2 weeks ince my surgery!!!

All has been well since my surgery.

Remember I said that this isn't a weight loss procedure. Yes, that's true. I also said that because when I got home after my procedure (2 days later), my weight went from 196.6 up to 201.8 lbs. I know the fluids and the obvious inflammation was the cause. Anyway, As of last Wednesday (1/08/14), I had dropped down to "whopping" 200lbs and I was seriously pissed. I hadn't worked out and I was eating what my family ate. Mind you, they're slim and what makes them stay fit makes me big :-))). So, I decided to return to "my style" of eating. I eat only what I want but with common sense. If I have a craving for something sweet, I have it the next day, cause I can account for it then. It works for me that way. So far, my weight is down to 193.6 and I have a long way to go. I'm 5'10" and "thick boned". Several years ago, I weighed 180lbs and most people thought I was 140lbs. Hahahaha. That was fun. My neighbors used to begg my husband to feed me back then. I miss those days. Anyway, one thing I know for a fact is that with this new body and weight loss, I am going to have a blast and will even look better. Besides, I am older and wiser :-))) I'm simply a 40 year old happy monster in the making :-)))).

Other things to know are my stats. They are 32.5, 33, and 36 respectively! Pre surgery, I was 39, 37.5, and 39. This means that I lost in my upper abs 6.5 inches, mid abs 4.5 and lower abs 3 inches. That's a total of 14 inches!!! I started to work out this past Monday (10 days post op). I did the Shawn T's 25 minute workout program with no problems, but I didn't continue cause my husband was worried that I was pushing it too soon :-( So, yesterday I walked on the treadmill for a mile and it was fun. He had no qualms with that :-) I really missed walking and I plan to keep it up regardless of my butt muscles protesting :-)) I also plan to start my abs workout next week to work on my "pooch". I believe that with massaging and working out, I'll have a much better outcome in the long run.

As for the other side effects, I feel so itchy only when I remove my garment and it's mostly my lower back. That's a good sign cause I guess I'm healing up. I've attached some updated pictures taken a few minutes ago. What do you think?

Wow! Dropped from XL to M in 3 wks!

This week has been transforming and I'm very happy so far.
You see, after my surgery, I was fitted into an XL garment. I purchased a medium after the first wk cause it wasn't feeling snugly anymore. On day 10 post op, I began to wear a medium garment and today (3wks since surgery), I'm now wearing a SMALL garment. Whoohoo!
It's important to know that it doesn't feel constricting at all and I'm still using my binder. Unfortunately, I have to wait till my one month post op appt. with Dr. Boutte so as to purchase a new binder. Hers are the best as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still massaging my abs and focusing a great deal on my right lower abs. Hopefully with the new garment, and continuos massaging, the firmness on the right side and overall size/shape will change overtime :-)

My itching has stopped and I'm using Maderma on my skin where the drainage tubes were attached. I don't think it'll do my skin the justice it claims. I'm not bothered cause it'll always be concealed under my underwear/bikini. Oh, and yes, I'll see it when naked, but I'm so busy admiring the physical changes that it doesn't matter one bit.

A few days ago, a friend that stops by bi-wkly said that I looked like I had dropped 30-40 lbs and with my height, I look great. God Bless her! The last time she saw me was 3 days after the surgery and I had a large gown on. When she saw me this week, I was wearing a stretchy exercise top without my garment and binder on. I'm still wearing my XL shirts to conceal the garment and binder around and no one knows what I have underneath. The day I decide to go out in my new clothes, I can only imagine what my friends and people I know will say :-) Ha! I can't wait :-) The only changes they mention are related to what they see chest-up. I'll take it :-))))

Finally, I had to call Dr. Boutte's office to help resolve an issue. I noticed that when I called last Thursday & left a message for "CJ" with her colleague, I didn't get a call back within 24 hours. So, I decided to email "CJ" 2 days ago (Wednesday) and she called me back later that evening (it was after 5pm). She left me a message apologizing and looking into my issue. I emailed her back expressing how pleased I was with her swift response following the email. The reason why I'm sharing this is because a few people have had problems reaching someone directly at the office. Some have told me that they are yet to receive a callback. I'll just say that you should either leave a detailed message with a return number on your contact's PERSONAL vmail or email. Leaving messages with a generic person for someone else isn't advised per my experience.

Expect new pictures 4 wks post op :-)

19 days post op photos!

I decided to share these pictures taken yesterday. You might notice the change in the changes in the firmness of the upper torso and shape of the lower abs. Let me know what you think.

Back profile 19 day post op

Wk 4 post op review

Everything's been going well thus far. I haven't been working out as much as I's like cause of one thing or another and by the time I start to walk, it doesn't last beyond 15min at 3miles p/hr speed. Anyway, my stats have changed a bit. As a reminder, my 2wks post ops measurements for my upper, mid and lower abs were 32.5, 33, and 36 respectively. As of today, they are 32, 31.5 and 34 inches. That's a reduction of 4 inches. Total inches lost all together is 18 inches!!!

My weight still flunctuates 2-4lbs depending on the time of the month. I'm wearing the size small garment and fasten the hooks to the innermost row. I'm still massaging my abs and thighs. Why thighs. Well, this is an advice all you ladies that look like me contemplating this surgery. it is very easy to develop cellulite on parts of your body after this surgery IF YOU DON'T REGULATE THE TYPES OF FOOD YOU EAT. If you eat lots of fatty foods, don't be shocked to see the cellulite appear, but it's not the end of the world (a least for me it's not). A couple of weeks ago (I can't remember what preceded this observation) I noticed I had this "bubbly" look between my laps. It was cellulite! I've never had it and started researching ways to get rid of it. It's crazy the stuff you read on line... Just saying :-) Anyway, I used the electric massager I use on my abs to massage my laps after my bath and it was gone the next morning. Massaging only is what I needed. So I've begun massaging my legs along with my abs and pretend that I'm in a 5- Star Hotel getting the works :-))), but I still hurt a bit in my abs. The pain is temporary though.

My 1 month post op appointment with Dr. Boutte is next week. I'll definitely keep you posted.

1-month post op appt!

Today, I travelled to Atlanta to see Dr. Boutte for my 1-month post op appt. It was a long drive to and fro (8+ hrs total), but it was worth it. Dr. Boutte and Lee (her nurse) were pleased with how things have progressed up to date. The main are of concern was my "pooch" and they indicated that I needed more support. So, I received my very first "magicbody, size 28" and purchased a new binder cause mine was worn out. My stats were taken again and based upon what I measured on the day of the surgery, I've lost a total of 12.5inches on my abs. I was mostly psyched to know that my mid abs measured at 30.5 inches!!! Whooohooo.
Anyway, Dr, Boutte emphasized the importance of keeping my garment on in order to provide the "needed support" to my lower abs. Based upon the current results, I am developing some loos skin on the bottom R-side abs. Dr, Boutte stated that after the 6-month deadline, I may need to have it "taken-in" in order to have a smooth look. I understand and I'm not bothered by the news at all. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Right now, I'm thankful for everything, how I feel, how things have changed in my personal life and the awesome job that Dr. Boutte made towards my transformation.
Prior to writing this review, I received an email from Dr. Boutte's office and I'd like to share something from the email that I hope my friends and other readers of my blog will take note of cause tis is for EVERYONE! I've stated this before in my previous reviews, but here it is from Dr. Boutte' office:
"...refrain from HIGH SODIUM foods, as these will promote fluid retention, swelling, and discomfort. No processed meats such as pepperoni/sausages, no canned foods, no processed meals such as "Lunchables", and no high sodium "fast foods"" I plan to take this to heart and re-evaluate things myself. I want the best result I can get by doing the right things and being responsible.

Week 5 post op

I had no plans to update this week, but I needed to share a few modifications I have made to address my little pooch.... and IT'S WORKING!

Okay, you guy know that I have been using my Shiatsu massager for my back. For my abs, I have been doing the more aggressive massaging using my hand-held massager + manual massaging up till earlier this week when I had my apt with Dr. Boutte. Well, I decided to try the Shiatsu on my abs because its the closest thing I can give myself without the vibration, it covers a wider area of my abs, it's in relaxation mode, FREE and in the comfort of my home while I watch TV :-) The Shiatsu does wonders!!! This is what I'm doing:-
1: I lay it flat on the sofa or love seat (not on the floor), program it "lower back".
2: I place a little pillow (it may be a big one if you prefer) at the foot of the sofa to elevate my feet and another pillow at the top under by breast for added comfort. This will also increase my center of gravity as I lay on the Shiatsu.
3: I lie prone (on my chest/belly), and put it on. Make sure as it rolls it'll roll from the lower abs up to your ribs and back down again. You may need to reposition yourself or add more pillows under your breast so that the Shaitsu balls don't hurt your ribs.
4: I run 3 cycles and it feels heavenly :-)

I believe that since the Shiatsu could help so much with my back, why not my abs?
The comfort I feel is awesome and I love the results cause it has slowly brought "out" the minor indentations and leveled it out.:-)))))

I also purchased 3 size SMALL "SQUEEM" garments. 2 strapless and 1 with the straps/vest. I have no more plans to spend an extra dime!!! :-) They arrived yesterday and I decided to test out my theory to help with the little pooch. Here it goes:
I wore my usual garment (size S) and wore the SQUEEM (strapless) on top. I pulled it down a bit to cover my whole lower abs and part of my hips. It looks like I'm wearing a corset and the "hold"/ firmness on my pooch/lower abs is phenomenal! I love it and it's providing the firmness I need in exactly where it's needed!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!
I used this till I went to bed around 2am this morning. I tried to use it all night, but 'wasn't too comfortable. So, I took off the squeem only. I'll attempt it tonight.
Anyway, when I woke up this morning and checked my self in the mirror, my lower abs looked a bit better. I'm not exaggerating... it did. So, now I have the SQUEEM on top of my garment as I'm writing this update. Now, the Squeem can roll-up at times while seated. I Just pull it down. It stays in place when I'm standing and moving around. I have pictures attached to show you what it looks like. I hope this helps someone.:-)

I checked my weight this morning and it's now 189.6lbs. Its a good feeling.
Anyway, I hope to share more stuff next week. Have a blessed day everyone!

8 week update!

High everyone! I know it's been a while since I updated you on my recovery (3 wks to be exact). Well, there was a reason. As you are aware, I have been trying to find the best garment that will target the pooch I have on my lower abs. In the last three weeks have I tried wearing my size small garment under a size small squeem, I purchased a body magic size 26 (the size 28 I got after my 1 mth post op apt didn't "hold" my lower abs as snuggly as I wanted) and purchased a size small spanx. THEY ALL SUCKED after about 2 days. Why? Keep reading :-)))

Okay. The SQUEEM is OK, however, I have to wear something tight on my lower abs over the SQWEEM to keep it in place. It constantly rolled up. I had no qualms wearing it to bed, but I also noticed that if I pushed out my stomach, it came out. There was no hold!
The bodymagic size 26 was good for my abs, but tortured my inner thighs! I was so frustrated with it that I cut out the legs and enjoyed the "corsetty-look" for a day. After that, it was useless- No more snug in my lower abs. The snug was in my mid-abs only :-(
As for the Spanx... forget about it. I see it a "maintenance" garment to have. Not good during actual recovery if seeking firmness. That's my experience & observation :-)

I've always known about corsets and CORSET-Training & decided to look into. What's there to loose? Knowledge :-) Now, there are so many review out there about the advantages & disadvantages to corseting, but it seemed to be the only alternative I had left to get the "firm hold" I need and that was also highly recommended by my dr. I went ahead and purchased 2 corsets (sizes 26 and 24) from Orchard Corset... My waist line is still 30.5 and you're supposed to get a corset 4-6 inches below your waist line. Anyway, my stuff arrived yesterday and I tried the size 26 and wore it to bed. It felt weird at first cause it's stiff (I bought a steel-boned longline Underbust corset). I was able to apply the tightness I needed in the lower abs and loosened it a bit in the upper and bust area for comfort. When I took it off this morning, I was surprised. Even my husband said there was a slight difference :-) I kept looking at my side profile cause it looked flatter. Now, since I'm corset training now (for my lower abs only) I will continue to wear the corset as if I am using my garments (24/7) for the next 1 month or till my 3rd month post op anniversary. It'll only come off for baths. I'm already used to this regimen anyway. Besides, I've got to do what I've got to do to get the best outcome within the timeframe I have. I don't plan to go under the knife again and I want to be able to help others avoid mistakes and unnecessary spending. If it works for me, hopefully, it'll work for others too :-)

Now, please be aware that I am starting the corset-training for my lower abs simply because there is no garment out there that works. I am starting the corset 2-months post op as well. I have attached a picture of me that I took 5 days ago and you'll see the little pooch. I'll provide weekly pictures so that you can see results and determine if it's a good alternative treatment approach. I pray it does what I need it to do and hopefully help others out there. Stay blessed everyone and see you in a week! :-)))

I just took off the corset (day 1 corset training)

Week 9 post op & wk. 1 corset training!

All has been well this week! There is no more pain during my self massages and moving around is like it was pre-surgery. I had began using a corset a week ago because I couldn't find a single garment out there that could provide the necessary compression I needed on my lower abs. I knew that if I didn't find something quick, I would have to settle for the results I had (my cute little pooch :-)

Anyway, as you can see in the pictures, corseting is helping me achieve the results I want. I noticed that the pooch is much flatter now when viewing all profiles and under my clothes. What I've been doing is wearing my camishaper, then my strapless squeem, then the corset. I am able to tighten the corset on the lower part and leave it a bit loose at the top. I also sleep in it. So far, these are the changes: 1. Slightly flatter lower abs and 2. My abs now measure at 29 inches!!!
I am psyched :-) I plan to continue using the corset since I don't have an official phase 2 garment until my 3 month post op apt in 3 weeks. My weight is now 190lbs and all is working out well. Hopefully, by my next appt, everything will be just as I've prayed it'll be. As for the skin, I've been rubbing my lower abs with olive oil cause I read that it helps to tighten skin. Based on my research, doing "thermage" (I think that's what it's called) will really help with eliminating whatever wrinkling I will have by 6 months post op. That'll be another expense I'm not prepared to make. So, olive oil it is for now. Besides, I love the way I look under my clothes and I don't plan on exposing my belly to "non-family" members :-)
Let me know what you think. Take care y'all and see you next week with another update:-)

2.5 months (10wks) post op and wk 2 Corsetting

The last week was fine, thank God. I used my corset to work for the first time last weekend and it wasn't as bad as I thought cause I bought a smaller version (CS-411) which ends right under the bust-line. I was able to bend/squat, reposition my seating when needed (I'm a therapist) and it was great. Since I'm no longer having pain with massaging, wearing the corset to work didn't cause any "after-effects" when I got home.

Apart from that, I'm still massaging myself with the electric massager x1 day directly on my skin. I'm also using olive oil to help with skin tightening. I've stopped the T25, cause between school projects, homework, tennis, kids group activities, supper, getting the house organized and work of course, I'm in no mood for a handsome face telling me to "keep going" :-)) My husband and boys handsome faces are my only joy at end of the day and their faces say, "pls. rest" :-)))

Next week is spring break and I will try to provide an update before we leave town. I'm so excited cause it's been years I've gotten into the water with the boys at the beach. At the pool, I had an excuse not to go cause I felt "big". I know some of you can relate to this. Now, I'm so thankful, happy and most of all, appreciate this new body and I don't plan on messing things up as long as I'm in control. My son now says, "All I can see is your butt mom". I reply simply by saying, "Good! Anything else you must share with thee?" (With a big smile on my face). His answer is the same... a smile back to me, his eyes rolled and he shakes his head. He walk off and yells, "I'm really happy for you!" Now, that is love in my book :-)
I'm looking forward to shopping too cause I need new clothes. I've gone down a few dresses sizes. My tops have gone down from a 14/16 to a 10. I have a few size 10's from several years ago and I kept them well. They're going on vaca with me. My bottoms are another story. I need those fast. I've gone down from a size 16 to 12. Thankfully, I've got nice beach dresses I bought a couple of years ago with the plan of losing weight. I did prior to the surgery (25lbs), but with the shape I'm in now, they look better on me.

I have attached pictures taken today. Nothing has really changed. My 3 month post op appt is in 2 weeks and I can't wait. I just pray the weather will be better this time. I spent almost 9 hours driving in the rain during my 1 month post appt. Let it be sunny God when I go again :-) . Hope you all have a blessed weekend.

3 months po... AWESOME RESULTS!!!!!

Hello my dear friends on RS. It's been a couple of weeks and here's my update.

First, my 3 month po appt with Dr. Boutte is tomorrow and I'll provide an update per what she says. As of today, however, I'm very happy to share with you all that I have made a lot of progress since beginning corseting a month ago! Now, I know there are some few skeptics out there about corseting. That's fine. The only thing I will want to say to them is that NEVER base your opinion(s) about a garment or modification based upon preconceived notions. Many have stated that using a corset will provide "temporary" results. Uhhhh... so does any other compression garmentif not used correctly or haphazardly! The purpose of these garment/items is to help reshape the body while it heals AS LONG AS THEY ARE USED CONSISTENTLY AND RELIGIOUSLY.

Here is what happened in the last month:
1.... I purchased a corset (size 26) initially and used it for 2 weeks. I purchased a smaller corset (size 24) and have been using that till today.
2.... I purchased a smaller CG. Now I'm wearing XS. Can you believe that!? I started in an XL immediately following my surgery and now, 3 months po, I'm in an XS!!!
3.... I am still massaging myself with my electric massager after I take off the garment and massage again before I wear it again. I keep it on more that 20 hrs each day.
4.... I'm still using Olive Oil (see picture below/above).
5..... I wear my "stuff" in this order.... Camishaper, then CG, then corset. That's it.
6.... I wear them all to bed and sleep comfortably. The tightness is emphasized on the lower abs breathing isn't hindered.

That said, here are my results since starting corseting 4 weeks ago to help with my lower abs that needed extra compression.

Pre Surgery 1 month po stats 3 months po stats
Upper Abs-------- 39 inches ------- 32 inches ---------- 31.5 inches (down 7.5)
Mid Abs----------- 37.5 inches ------ 31.5 inches ----------- 28 inches (down 9.5)
*Lower Abs*---- 39 inches ------- 34 inches ----------- 31 inches * (down 8)

With corseting and the added compression I achieved with it and the XS CG, THE TOTAL INCHES LOST WITH SMART LIPO AS OF TODAY IS 25 INCHES!!!!!
Yes, you read it and I measured it.... 25 INCHES!!!!! Thank you God and every person's review I read. To my fellow friends out there, stick with it. Do what the dr says. Keep those CG and binders on. If you want to go the corset route, do your research and be consistent. At the end of the day it's all about discipline and consistency. I hope to provide more good news as the weeks go by. Oh, and to answer some future questions... I do have a little loose skin (that is to be expected with me). It doesn't bother me one bit and doesn't show under my clothes. It didn't show under my bathing suite too and that was such an awesome feeling :-) I hope this review helps and I will right a small update tomorrow after my meeting with Dr. Boutte :-))) Stay Blessed everyone!

Today was my 3 month post op appt!

I had my follow-up apt today at Dr. Boutte's office and met with Nurse Lee cause Dr. Boutte was in surgery. Lee was very happy to see me and was happier with my appearance as well. She saw that I had my corset on and I told her that I started it 4 wks ago (month 2) because it was the only thing I could use that provided the "compression" she said I needed during my last appt. She had no problem with it. I mentioned that I noticed a lot of negative reviews about corsets online. She said the only time they say "no" to corseting is when it's too early in the recovery process. She stated some ladies want to corset after their 1st month and that's a "no-no". I told her I started it in month 2 cause I was no longer having pain with massaging and my body was ready to tolerate it. At least, I was ready. Anyway, she took my measurements and funny enough my total inches lost according to their records is 24 inches as of the day of the surgery. I calculated 25 inches from the night before after my "last supper" :-)

Per her measurements, these are my actual stats in inches:
Pre-surgery Today Inches Lost
Upper Abs------ 35----------------------- 28-----------------------8 inches
Mid Abs--------- 36------------------------ 28-----------------------7 inches
Lower Abs----- 39------------------------ 30-----------------------9 inches

Grand Total inches lost = 24 inches! (See my side-by-side pictures from the dr's office)

So, my next and last appointment is in July (6th months po). I'm looking forward to it and plan to continue to use the corset and CG as before. I'm aware that I don't have to use them a religiously (20+ hrs) anymore. However, I'm going to stick with it. I plan to commit to this regimen till my 6th month po appt. There will be days that I will wake up in the middle of the night and take off the corset. Yes, these nights do exist just because I want to 'feel free' , but they'll be off for about 5 hours tops. I pray everything works out for me as planned.

I know some people might question the rationale behind what I'm doing. It's OK :-) This is my personal regimen that works for me. As does so many other regimens out there that have worked well for other women/men, it's personal and I'm happy. I appreciate all of you who've kept up with my progress and I'm humbled and blessed to make a lot of friends who've sent me private messages :-)))) This is not a farewell note, but a "THANK YOU" note too. I will continue to update and look forward to reading everyone's posts and awesome progress reports. Lets keep up the good work. For success after our surgeries, remember..." WHEN THE GOINGS GET TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING". Don't stress and keep looking beautiful ya'll !!!!!!!!!!!!

All is well... (15 wks post op & 7 wks corsetting)

I am so happy with the progress I've made till date. I have gone ahead to tell everyone that has asked what I did cause they all want to know about my "weight loss" program. Everyone's impressed cause they've heard quite a few horror stories about smart lipo and are scared to death of complications. I eased their minds and basically emphasized 2 things... 1- the doctor you choose is critical and 2- You have to be very committed the recovery process.

My abs have remained unchanged. My waistline fluctuates now between 28 and 27 inches and both upper and lower abs are still 30inches. I bought 2 dresses (size 12, before size 16), but they're pretty loose at the waist line, but okay at the bust and butt area. I tried a size 10 dress and it was perfect for the waist line, but the butt area was too tight for my liking. I cant find dresses or trousers that are a size 10 for ladies that have a butt. Mine isn't huge, don't get me wrong. In fact, I have a great looking figure now, but I need to do a lot of research to find the best designer that caters to women like me. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated at this time :-)

As for my routine at this stage of my recovery, it's been pretty simple. I know a lot of you might think that I'm going overboard and may not be following the "3-month post op regimen", but the truth is, I never followed the "typical regimen" cause I knew what I wanted. Besides, my dr has no objections and is pleased with me. Anyway, that said, here it is:
1. I massage my belly and back with the electric massager every other day.
2. I rub my belly with olive oil 2-3 times day (especially after my am and pm baths)
3. I'm still wearing my cami-shaper
4. I wear my binder (YES, MY BINDER!!! :-))) 23hr a day
5. Finally, my corset, goes on top of that.
I still wear my corset all day. At night, I wear it 95% of the time. I've gone down in corset sizes. I started at a "26". Now, I'm down to a size a size 22 (the rule is to purchase a garment that 4-6 inches below your waist line).

I'm so happy and am blessed. I plan to stick with my regimen till my 6 month anniversary. The one thing that I want to advice my friends out there that have complained about the recovery process and the whole regimen with the CGs and binder (no names mentioned :-) ), I have some advice.
1. The recovery is about 6 months, not 6 years. It'll come and go in no time. I know it seems like forever, but it's not :-)
2. You are going to have to sacrifice comfort, for the first 3 months. You have to keep your CGs/corsets and binders on throughout the day. Fine, if there's a formal outing or some "personal" time with your significant other, yeeeessss, take it off!. But plan to put it back on afterwards. The body is still capable of swelling up a bit or a little if it's off too long of a time.
3. Enjoy your food, but be very mindful of your salt and fat intake. Don't fall into the trap of following a diet or any other kind of regimen the first 2 months and fail to continue with it afterwards. However, if you can stay committed, go for it :-) The better your results will be :-)
4. Not everyone is going to look the same. I had Santa's belly :-))) pre-op and I've lost a whole lot of inches, 24 inches/2 feet, in my abs! That's pretty awesome and I have no regrets. I do have the "tight-fold" in the lower abs which is loose skin and it doesn't bother me, my boys and husband one bit. It's concealed perfectly under my bathing suit, night gown, shirts etc. I have a natural look and curves that I'm grateful to God for. I love walking around naked and seeing my own silhouette. I'm loving life and ME. So, love yourself and LOVE YOURELF REAL GOOD!

I'm wishing everyone well and look forward to reading more reviews and to update you guys too. Stay blessed, safe and happy recovery!!!!!!!! :-)))))))))))))))))))))))

To all my fellow Corsetters :-)

Hi everyone. I just decided to write this quick update on the Corset for my fellow ladies who are currently or considering corseting. Pls pardon any errors, I'm using my I-phone :-)
It's been over 7 weeks since I started and have noticed something that I hope will benefit everyone.
First, pls have a vest, a Camishaper, or sleeveless shirt directly over your skin before you wear the corset. Keep it on all day and night if you can. I'm bit saying that if you need a break you shouldn't take it off. Noooo. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be off for an extended period of time or even days. If you're still early in your recovery (6wks or less), I suggest that you have your binder under your corset. Now, when you take it off,you may notice that your skin has some dents created by the binder. Don't worry, just massage over it (with your hand or machine- it's up to you) or take a bath. Your skin will be smooth again (at least, mine was :-)) Now, if you can't stand the dents, you can go ahead and wear the corset without the binder, but there's a catch! If your in the early stages I your recovery, you may hurt cause your body is still pretty raw inside and using the corset may be too aggressive directly on your body. But, for someone like me or other ladies who are 2+months post op, there is little or no pain. I have tried this process during the course of the last week and here are the results (see attached pictures. My stats remain unchanged). The corset is snugly directly on me (with my Camishaper of course) and there are no more funny looking dents :) Also, still keep working on your stomach muscles when you have the corset on. It really helps strengthen your abs muscles and keeps them from fully relying on the corset/binder/CG once taken off. As for weight... HA! God help me. Nothing major in that area, but I look like I've dropped more than 30 lbs. Everyone calls me "skinny" & I'm loving my hour glass shape :-) I hope this helps.

Smart Lipo Advocate (4 months po)

Wow, it's been 4 months already but it seams like forever sometimes :-) I'm still using my corset night and day but when it's off on any particular night, it's not beyond 4 hrs.
I've shared with all my very close friends that I had SL done and they admire the commitment. They are mostly shocked because I've seen most of them every other day, in church etc and I never showed signs of pain, discomfort etc. I told them I did have those days, but I had to still be mom, a wife & a friend despite what I was going through. It's all paying off. It feels good to see others check me me out and wonder, "wow" (lol). I've always lived myself, but now, it's different. I can't put it into words. Is it sexy... Yeah! Is it erotic... Yeah!! Do I feel like the hottest mom in my boys school... Ummm, hell yeah!!! (Lol) It just feels great :-[)
I've attached pics taken this morning and stats are still the same. I have 1 more month to really work in myself (arms & thighs). No matter what happens, I know that I have less than 2 months to complete healing. No corrections for me that I can see (Thank God) I have a natural look. You'll know that I have been pregnant because if the tight folded skin in my lower abs and that's beautiful to me. My abs are flat and it look like I "worked hard" to get my abs back. They look natural and that's why I love this procedure and Dr. Boutte. Most of all, I'm thankful for my husband who gave me this for my 40th birthday and my boys who love me no matter what! :-[)

Begining T25 now that I'm 4mths post op

Okay, after serious thinking, I decided to share this with everyone. I haven't worked out up till now and I now have seen what the SL procedure has done for me. Knowing that I'm ONLY 4 months post-op and I technically have 2 more months to full recovery, I have decided to go ahead to start the T25 today later this morning (it's currently 12:10am). It's a 2-month program that should end just in-time for my 6th month anniversary.
Also, one of my dearest girlfriends is seriously considering this procedure and is in the position I was in prior to losing 30lbs followed with having SL. I suggested that she lose more weight before going ahead. She saw my old pictures and agreed. For me, it's the best of both worlds. I have a companion every morning and don't have to choice but participate since it'll be at my house. Secondly, we're both desperate... she wants to lose weight and I need to loose weight in my thighs, tone my arms and look fit by the end of the 2 month session. Since this is one major step for me, I promise to post my before stats and full profile pictures. I pray that as I'm starting this "new" journey, I don't stop and complete it to the very end. I just want to be able to say "this" and "that" was what it took to get the final results. So, expect my stats and pictures later on. I'll still be updating and will still be wearing my corset (not while working out). As for eating habits, I'll update you all on my eating regimen as I go on... maybe weekly. Okay then ladies & gents, good night and talk to ya'll later (for a yanky in the south, I do have fun using these southern lingos when blogging)... Bye ya'll :-[)

Stats as promised :-)

Okay, here are the stats as promised:
Mid abs= 28
Right & left thighs = 28
Hips= 42.5
Right & left arms= 13

I started this morning by myself and plan to continue :-) I've enclosed a picture of T25.

Fellow Corsetter... MUST READ!

the last time I updated so frequently was during the early stages of my recovery. Wow!
Anyway, I had to share this with everyone. Now, you all know that I've been using the corset since my month 2 po. It has helped significantly to bring my waistline down by at least 8 inches (upper, mid & lower abs combined). The purpose of the corset was to target the pooch and you all know that I've been using it quite religiously although I'm now 4 mths po.
Now, last night, I decided to conduct an experiment on myself. The goal was to if I would have any "major swelling" in my abs (upper, mid and lower) by morning without the corset on. Night was the best time to conduct this cause I couldn't perform any ab tightening and while sleeping, everything I relaxed.
I measured my abs (upper and mid were 28 inches and lower was 30 inches). These measurements were taken after a hot bath. Hot baths further help the skin relax/smoothen out after removing any garment. That said, guess what happened....????????
When I woke, I looked pregnant :-0 !!!!! .... Okay, just kidding :-))) (I had to put a bit of humor in this blog). But, seriously, I had had a little swelling/inflammation or whatever we'd like to call it, in my lower abs. So I took my measurements again. My upper abs remained the same (28 inches), my mid abs was 29 inches and my lower abs was now 31 inches. In short, both areas (mid and lower) were a inch higher. So, I was able to conclude that all things being equal, the skin will relax to its "actual" and "true" state if the corset is taken off or not used for an extended period of time. With this information, am I discouraged or upset? HELL NO! (pardon my French :-) All it means is that I've lost a total of 23 inches all together within 4 months instead of 25 inches!
Also, since I've resumed T25, I know that I can work towards getting things smaller again.
Okay... to the ladies out there who are corseting pretty early in the recovery, this will happen to you if you don't keep you corset or CG on religiously. I've just proven that continuous compression is important, especially for us ladies who had a lot fat in our mid-sections pre-surgery. It may not be applicable to others (since I have no one to reference to). So, to my sistas out there who looked like me pre-surgery, keep those CGs, binders and corsets on as long as possible during your recovery. It' a pain in the neck, but it's well worth it (so I think).
I've since put the corset back on and all is back to where it was before. I had another date with Shaun T this morning by myself (I think my friend has copped out :-( It was fun though :-) Anyway, talk to ya'zz later and if anyone has experienced the same thing, pls. do share :-))))

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY to ya'll!

This isn't a personal update per se :-) I just wanted to wish all you ladies out there who are early and far into their respective recoveries, "Happy Mother's Day!!!!" I know some of you don't have kids, but that doesn't matter. We are all mothers to all the kids of the world. Celebrate the day in your new beautiful "bods", remember you're "hot", and stay beautiful! Be safe and I'll post a real update later :-)))

4.5 mth post op update

It's been a wk and a half since my last update. All's going well and more inches are still being lost. I'm still wearing my corset (CS-305, 22-inches and 21 inches interchangeably) at least 20 hours a day now. 2 days ago, I repeated the experiment I performed a wk ago to see if there would be any changes in my waist line after having the corset off for more than 8hrs and to my surprise, there wasn't. Whoopppeeee!! Anyway, I've lost and extra half an inch in my mid and lower abs. As a reminder, pre-surgery, my upper abs were 39inches & now measure at 28inches (down by 11inches). My mid-abs were 37.5 and now 27.5 (down by 10inches). Finally, my lower abs were 39 inches and now 29.5 (down by 9.5 inches). That's a new grand total of 30.5 inches!!!! I AM ELATED!!!! If you guys remember, I shared my doctor's advice about reducing my salt intake. Well, I'm seriously doing that now. I know that a lot of ladies have been emphasizing drinking lots of water immediately following their surgeries. That is true. However, you MUST watch your sodium/salt consumptions cause too much salt leads to water retention a.k.a. "bloating". That said, combine both habits and you'll be fine. I've also substituted my natural sugar for splenda in my tea (lipton). I can't make myself swallow any herbal stuff, but don't mind putting it on :-)) and during baking. None of my boys can tell the difference. I've attached a few pictures which show my current profiles and me with the corset on. I still plan to stick with my regimen till my six months is up and will decide at that time if I'll continue with corseting. Right now, it feels extremely comfortable, and I'm enjoying it.

Corset shown above is CS-411

Oops ladies. Typo error is above update. The corset worn is a CS-411 size 22. I have recommended in the past to that the steel-boned CS-411 or CS-305 be used because they aren't so elongated on the trunk/torso that it affects movement and comfort while sitting :-)

5-month post op update :-)

Hi everyone! All has been well since my last update. No more pain. I'm still massaging 2-3 a wk. I'm still using my corset, but went down to a size 20 of the CS-411. I was asked a few wks ago if I plan to continue to use the corset after my 6th month deadline. I can definitely say, YES right now. I had to stop the T25 2 weeks ago cause I slipped down 8 steps at home and it wasn't no joke :-( I've had spasms in my right knee that can kick in at any given time. I used to have the spasm 2-3 a day a couple of years ago. it dropped to 1-2 a week last year and since the surgery, I had it only twice. So, I wasn't expecting it, when it kicked in and down I went. My younger son was crying (that shocked me) and my older son was so scared he wanted to call 911, but called his dad instead. My husband thought it was a minor fall, until he saw my bruised back and how I was walking. Anyway, my back is 80% better and the right knee issue will be addressed next week at my doctor's appt.

My stats are still the same and I'm pleased with that. I just want to say to all the new friends I've made on RS who are still early in their recoveries, or are about to take have their respective procedures, to hang in there. I know it seems like forever, but it'll fly by in no time. Still do all that you can do to help yourselves achieve the best outcome possible. I've attached photos taken this morning. Thank for all the positive feedback and sharing too. Stay blesses everyone!

Pardon the typo errors above :-)))

Pardon the typo errors :-)))

How Best to Control Swelling after 5 months po

Hi everyone! Hope all's well? Anyway, I decided to share this update with my friends who are almost 5 months post op (specifically) and to everyone else getting closer to this time line. I have noticed that some ladies have had issues with swelling so late in the recovery process and it may be a little annoying at times. Who am I kidding? It's freaking aggravating! I know the feeling. However, I tried something this past week and it has worked and it's something that you can adapt into your existing protocols (if you so desire) in order to maintain your physique and seriously CONTROL SWELLING.

As you're all well aware, I'm been using my corset (CS-411) religiously day and night and have seen a lot of benefits with this self-made protocol. That said, I know that not everyone is comfortable wearing the corset to bed at night. That's fine. If you are one of these ladies, you should (and I really mean to use the word "should") opt to using a SQUEEM shapewear, SQUEEM waist cincher, or Faja overnight to help reduce/eliminate the onset of swelling. If you choose to use these shapewears at night, you can then return to the corset in the morning. Another thing is that, if you've got a formal outing and wearing the corset under your formal-wear is impossible, the SQUEEM/faja will be a great substitute 'cause is "thinner" under clothing and quite unnoticeable. I tried this, and it worked. Would I personally prefer to switch from the corset to the faja right now at night,.... uhhmm, not permanently :-) I know that I'll still continue using the corset for waist training after 6 months and occasionally wear it to bed at night. At that time, the faja and I will be bed mates if you get my drift.

Anyway, I just thought I share this and if you're experiencing swelling in the morning during the latter months of your recovery (I'm emphasizing 5+ months), try this regimen. Make sure that the squeem/faja are firm on you and I pray it yeilds great results for you. Remember, if the garment is a bit loose, the results may be different. So, let's keep 'em firm :-). 'Got to go my people! Stay blessed ya'll! :-) Let me know what you think.... Latersss Ladies and gents :-))))))

6-months po today!

It's official. Exactly 6 months ago, I had my procedure done. I would have written this yesterday, but we were driving from AL to TX for 5 day trip. The drive lasted 12 hours and the reception was unpredictable :-) Pls. pardon any errors cause I'm using my iPhone for this update :-))) Anyway,all's well :-) It's been a very fun and interesting ride along the way. I'm referring to my SL journey :-))) . Would I do it again? Yes, but I don't see myself ever needing to go have anymore procedures for the rest of my life. This procedure was something I wanted, requested as one of my 40th b-day gifts, got it, did what I had to do to get the best outcome, and now, I'm satisfied. That said, I must state this about my dr... Dr. Boutte. You see, no matter what others might say due to no call-backs, no return emails, or so-called negative reviews, I had one of the best drs' in GA perform my surgery and her name is Dr. Boutte! She's an expert on women with my former body-type. I had 2 bad experiences with two other Dr's in GA just because they didn't follow-up with me and I felt pressured. However, I didn't name them cause my experience could have been an exception. An isolated incident. Even if I'm part of a few complaints, it's nothing compaired to the hundreds of satisfied clients. Many things happen in Dr's offices and it's unfortunate. I know... I'm a Dr's wife. It doesnt mean that the dr is bad. It doesn't mean that their office staff is bad too. It just happens, but "dinging" or "dissing" a dr for that is just not fair. So, I don't do it. If the experience makes me uncomfortable, I go elsewhere and leave it at that. I had to say this cause I've kept this on my mind for months :-) A couple of ladies have made some related comments about Dr. Boutte in the last couple of months and I just had to speak my mind about it on MY blog. As you can see, I've addressed it respectfully without attacking :-) I know that Dr. Boutte and her staff are exceptional. If you don't like or agree with their recommendations, it's okay. Just keep things decent, respectful and on-point :-) This applies to ALL the doctors :-))) Anyway, my final appointment is scheduled for the 15th of this month. At that time, I will provide final stats and pictures.

I have achieved exactly what SL promises- "body contouring". I haven't changed anything as far as eating. I barely exercised (total of 2wks on the T25). Hahaha. It's been a very interesting 6 months. I told my husband that my plan is to let everyone here see what I was able to accomplish from SL. I do plan on starting a very different kind of workout regimen which will focus on my thighs/hips and arms, but will be starting next month cause I've been traveling a lot. In fact, I'm out-of-town at the moment. Everyone has stated that they love my physique. Everything is proportional and with "natural" curves. I just want to have some muscle definition a.k.a. tone :-) I'm no longer stressing about how I look. I feel beautiful and know that I am beautiful. I can say, and have been saying that my beauty isn't just inside and goes from my face and stops at my breast... IT'S EVERYWHERE! I'm not being cocky... Far from it. I'm just thankful, humbled, and I'm sharing it freely:-))) So, on the 15th or 16th (depending in how late I get back from my appointment since it's a 4hr drive and I'm going with my sons), I'll provide a detailed analysis of my overall SL progress and a summary of the do's and don'ts of SL of the upper/lower abs, flanks and bra-roll according to FTA2014. It should make for an interesting read, but hopefully be used to help eliviate a lot of the stress while emphasizing on key areas. Have an awesome 4th celebration everyone!

6- month po update

I've never used my iPhone for an update and I hope this goes through cause it's such a drag. Anyway, here are my pictures taken this morning. I'll still provide pictures next week after my final appointment with Dr. Boutte and I'll disclose her final assessment. Now that I've concluded what I call "Phase 1" of this process, I've begun ""Phase 2". Phase 1 was the surgery, six months recovery without any meaningful exercising. Now that I've seen that SL really does help with body contouring, I will be starting a workout regimen that'll help target my arms and legs. Surgery is no longer an option. With what I see everyday, I'm more excited and motivated. There is no longer an issue with eating the right things at the wrong time or vise versa. It feels great not being on a restricted diet or depriving myself of anything. All's under control. I've travelled quite a bit these last few months and lived. Thank God my life is good :-) I still plan to post updates on a monthly basis for the next six months so that you can see the post recovery transformation. Have I lost weight? No. Am I upset? No... Why should I :-) Besides, I'll have my pre and post phase 2 measurements/stats which will be the goal. The major changes I can share is that prior to the surgery, I used I wear a size 14/16. Now, tops are a size 8 cause my waist has shrunk. My bottoms have dropped to a size 12/14, but I have to adjust the waist line cause they've come down in length. Now my waist is 27inches. Pre-surgery, it was 36 inches. Anyway, I've posted pictures. Pls pardon if I'm all over the place with this update. I'm on the road again. I promise I have a better, well organized update next week after my appt.

Items I used and Personal protocol

Items used the last 6 months were:

1. Compression Garment (BellaDeena.com). Brand was the "Brief Body Suit without Bra (3022-DU) $149.00"

2. Binder (Miller-Medical.com)

3. Corset (CS-411 from OrchardCorset.com)- watch their blog on sizing. Typically go down 6 inches your current waist length.

4. Olive Oil (rubbed in my belly daily, at least x2 after morning and am baths) I plan to start Palmers Firming Cream cause it was highly recommended by another RS member.

Timeline/Duration:
-----Wk 1- day 10 (wore CG and binder given by dr 24/7) Size was XL

Day 10-21 (wore new CG) Size was Medium. I wanted extra compression

Day 22- Wk 5 (swapped between binder and SQUEEM) Bought new binder sometime then and continued till month 2.

Month 2 (started using corset) Continues with Camishaper. Discontinued CG and binder. THE PURPOSE OF CORSETING WAS TO GET THE ADDED COMPRESSION IN THE LOWER AB AS DIRECTED BY MY DR. IT WASNT FOR WAIST TRAINING :-)))

Month 2-6 (Continued with above regimen)

This is all I can remember. I hope this helps :-)

Oh, FYI....

After month 2 till date, corset was worn 18-24 hrs a day 95% of the time.

Thanks!

Re: 6 month appt tomorrow...

I received a call earlier today from Dr. Boutte's office and was notified that Dr. Boutte will not be seeing me tomorrow for my final appt. I didn't ask why, but I'm not too bothered cause I'll still be seeing Nurse Lee. I appreciate the heads-up from her staff :-). As for Nurse Lee, she' s been my nurse from day 1 and I prefer to see her than someone I don't know. Anyway, I'm looking forward to taking some final pics over there and hearing the final outcome. All-in-all, I'm very pleased with the outcome :-) While on vacation, I wanted to share a picture of my son and I carrying a 12 foot snake on our necks and hands during a field trip last year and I was shocked at what I saw :-0. I saw my stomach and not the snake... hahaha. I had a big belly... geez!!! I've really come a long way :-[)

My 6-month Appt was today!

I had my final 6-month appointment today and it was bitter sweet. I saw Nurse Lee and was very happy to see her. She was so sweet to my boys (they had to come with me) and my older son was happy to announce that, "Finally, no more corsets!" He's a mess. I asked what his beef was with my corset. He stated that they are "hard" and it's difficult to squeeze me despite being able to wrap his arms around me :-[) Too bad for him cause the corset stays! Back to the appt... Nurse Lee said I looked great before I had undressed. She took all my profiles and took my measurements afterwards. I have lost an additional 1 inch in my lower abs. So, my stats now stand at 28 inches in upper and mid abs and 29 inches in lower abs! That's a grand total of 25 inches that I have lost thanks to the SMART LIPO !!! :-[) That's worth celebrating in my book. I completely forgot to ask for pictures cause my boys were busy entertaining us by being typical boys :-) Anyway, here comes the good part... I was ready to dress up and Nurse Lee told me that I should wait cause Dr. Boutte was going to see me. WWWHHHAAATTTT!? I though she wasn't there or something like that. I asked, "Why?" cause I got a call yesterday that I wouldn't be seeing her. Nurse Lee laughed and said that Dr. Boutte had "Mommy duty" today and I understood. She's just like all we working moms :-))) I just appreciated the fact that I could be squeezed in and given her full attention and not rushed. Anyway, I was psyched to see Dr. Boutte and she was pleased too with the outcome. She did mention the loose skin I have (that's expected) and mentioned that I cold have a mini-tuck if I wanted. I told her my husband didn't want to see any stitches (neither to I) and the other option was that I could a minor SL done in my lower abs to tighten the skin some more and smoothen it out. The great thing she mentioned is that the skin is covered well under clothing and I have good curves right now. I inquired about SL on the thighs and she explained what she could do for me. Should I decide to proceed, it'll have to be a year from now. Also, I told Dr. Boutte that I've begun a new chapter that comprises of working-out more in the hopes of losing weight and toning. So, we'll see what happens over the next 5 months (i.e. till December). All-in-all, I am very happy, pleased, satisfied and know that I'm one blessed chick. I'll still be posting on RS especially to support everyone else and share my "post 6th-month recovery for the next 6 months". My goal is to address those questions and concerns that may arise after the 6th month process by letting you know what I'm going through. It should be fun. THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. BOUTTE!!! Thank you for being an exceptional physician, woman, and friend. You are beautiful and have a gift. You have a heart and are very passionate about what you do. Thank you for letting me see this side of me. God Bless You and your practice!!!! To everyone else, Dr. Boutte delivered more than she promised me on January 3rd, 2014. Then she said she could give me about a 70% change. I was expecting 50% cause I was being realistic. She delivered 80-90%. It's amazing!!! My waist line was for size 14/16 clothes. Now, its a size 8! Seriously... an 8, and it's on me. I will always be grateful to Dr. Boutte. Than you once again :-)))

Phase 2 - 7months Post Op

Hi everyone. This starts my first comment/blog in my PHASE 2, Post 6-month Smart -lipo. Quick history: My surgery was on Jan. 3rd 2014. My weight was 196 lbs the day of the surgery. Throughout the 6 months recovery period, I didn't pursue a "weight loss" program nor exercise. The pictures posted are strictly the results of the procedure with 2 months use of the CG + binder, 2 weeks use of the SQWEEM, and 3+ months use of the corset. I began my phase 2 officially on July 4, weight was 202.2 lbs and my stats were mid abs were 28 inches and lower abs were 29 inches.

So here's my update... As of August 4th, my weight was 193.6 lbs and my mid abs is now 27 inches and lower abs 29 inches. That means I've dropped 8.6 lbs in month 1and 1 more inch in my waist. What have I been doing differently? Nothing major. I have noticed that I really don't care to eat a heavy meal at breakfast and lunch. Tea or coffee with milk (evaporated) and sugar (not splenda, real sugar) for breakfast. My lunch I typically fruits (apple, pineapples, mango, grapes or plums) Whatever is in season and not a fruit salad. I hate them mixed together. That's what my tummy's for (lol). Supper is typically our traditional foods. Nothing major or fancy. I haven't started any exercise regimen and I don't feel under pressure at all. I just feel good :-) My husband and I just came back from a 4-day trip to Vegas and was noticed at the party we attended. Compliments galore and I was happy & humbled. Not cocky, but flattered. I was complemented on my "hourglass" figure and I did share with 2 of my dearest friends what I did and this website. I have added pictures taken this morning of me as of today. Oh, lest I forget... I'm still using the corset. However, my regimen is totally different. I only wear it half-a-day. Either at night or during the day, depending on my mood. Now, it's actual waist training and I think that's why I'm down 1 more inch in my lower abs :-) Anyway, That's the 1st month update as promised. I'll update again next month and hope to be down at least 4 more lbs by then. My goal by the end of this 6-month journey is to be down 25lbs/175lbs. Anyway, no stress. See ya'll in a month.

Vegas pics as promised!

Okay, as you can see, I didn't post my face deliberately. However, these are a couple of the individual pictures taken at the birthday party my husband and I attended at the Belagio. One of my friends was having too much fun dictating the poses (lol)...
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon