40 Year Old, Married, 4 Kids and Needing a Renewal - Lilburn, GA

I workout regularly but still have areas on my...

I workout regularly but still have areas on my stomach I can't seem to get rid of. I had been debating for a couple of years now. Dr. Boutte came highly recommended so I decided to go with her. My experience so far had been wonderful. So far it's worth it. I was sleepy after my procedure but was able to go home and interact with my family. Today I woke up sore but not really in pain. I am so glad I can move around without difficulty. I haven't removed my bandages yet but I excited to see how my stomach looks. I will keep everyone on my progress and post pics.

Day 1 night

I am sore as though I have been working out. I have taken 2 Lortab and 2 Tylenol the entire day so the pain was manageable. I made it to my son's baseball game though. I had lipo without the fat transfer. The only place I wanted the fat to go was in the trash! Lol! I am having quite a bit of drainage from my lower left incision. They say the more drainage the less swelling later. We shall see. I can't wait to see the results. I am about to remove the dressings and shower. Wish me luck! I will post a Day 2 pic tomorrow.

Day 2 not too bad

Today is not too bad. I woke up around 5 feeling sore and stiff. I took some meds then back to sleep. I had a bunch of errands to run so I took Tylenol for pain today and it worked well. After running errands, cleaning, and making dinner I am exhausted. I got into my bed around 6 and have been here ever since. Lol!! The numbness is the weirdest thing for me. Most of my abdomen, sides, and lower back feel numb. I did try to massage my stomach and back to help get rid of the excess fluid. Still only the one site is draining. All in all, I won't complain. I don't notice much of a difference yet but I realize there is a lot of swelling.

1 month post op

Most of the numbness and tingling is gone in my abdomen and back. I still have the tingling in the love handle area. I still have swelling but it is coming along well. I started using a hand held massager and it is staring to decrease the swelling even more. I am able to do my full pre surgery workout without pain which is awesome! I go in for my one month follow up appt on Monday.

itching

Okay I am almost 6 weeks post op and the itching has started. It's so strange! I initially thought I was allergic to something and realized it's mostly in my stomach area. I also get a zap like stinging in my oblique area. I assume this is just the nerves healing. Has anyone else had this issue? All of my incisions are completely healed.
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Lee and Dr. Boutte are so awesome! The atmosphere was peaceful and serene. I felt as though I was in good hands. I didn't feel rushed and all of my questions were answered completely.

Looking fantastic!!!  I didn't have SL, but after my TT, I still itched even after my incisions were healed.  Heck, I still itch sometimes, after 19 months, though now it's usually only if I cut off blood circulation for a while (tight pants or sleeping in an underwire bra).
you look fantastic. so glad you had a wonderful experience
U r just to cute. Ur New body rocks. Congrats!
Itching is normal and can begin anytime. I'd suggest that you get yourself some Benedryl ointment/cream and use that. When I used to itch, it was after I'd taken off the camishaper I had under my CG and I believed my skin needed to breath, thus the itching. Back then, I'd immediately take a bath, scrub down and use the Benedryl cream on my abs, sides and lower back. The itching stopped immediately. Hope this helps :-)
Congrats on your progress thus far. Keep up the great work you're doing. You look great!
Congratulations!!!!  I can't imagine the doctor will have anything but positive things to say at your checkup!  Beautiful results!  Are you still compressing or are you done with that?
I am still compressing. It feels more comfortable and really helps with the swelling.
Makes sense :)
you look terrific!!!! she did a lovely job
Thanks. I hope it continues to get better.
U r looking beautiful. Congrats on ur New u. Keep us posted.
Thank you!
Hello Kenya! This is Dr. Boutte! Thanks for giving such detailed and useful information about your immediate post-op experience! Just remember, gradual increase over the first 2 weeks is normal. Certainly by 1-month post-op, you should see a huge difference. Continue to compress, drink lots of water, eat healthy, and at 2 weeks gradually ease back into your exercise routine. Much love! Windell Davis Boutte, MD
Thanks for being such an amazing doctor!
U have me beat. I spent all day the second day until 6pm sleeping. After that I was good to go and never looked back. At that point the drainage was done also and my sister and I were gone from morning to night every day. I no how grateful I was for feeling so well and it sounds like u r having that experience. Good luck and take care.
Earth to Kenya336.. Are you there?! (lol) I hope you're feeling okay today, or have you been resting? I'm jut messing with you :-[) I really hope that all's well with you. Let us know girl and be blessed :-))))))
Lol! I was tired as heck today. I had a million errands to run and it wore me out. I feel pretty good just sore in some places and numb in others. That's a weird sensation. I tried the massage to help decrease the swelling though. I can't see a difference so far.
Oh Kenya336, you're just 2 days post op... BE PATIENT :-) I started massaging my back with the shiatsu massager 2 days po to help loosen me up and used my hands in the shower with heat from the water helping. It does feels funny. You're right :-) However, don't stop. Keep the CG and binder on to help with shrinkage. Be patient. You have 6 months you know (lol). I hope your still taking the other supplements (I can't remember which) cause they're supposed to help with swelling. You can also look into "cellulite massagers/rolling balls". They cost around $10-$30 on amazon and they're not electric. I used this the first couple of weeks after my surgery prior to transitioning to the electric hand held massager. I'd suggest 3-5 times a day about 10-15 minutes to help avoid the onset of lumps. it worked for me cause I didn't have any and I believe it had to do with the early use of the cellulite massager. The one I used was, "Personal Back Massager for Body Contouring & Massager by Nayoya Wellness" from amazon for $14.97. Hope this helps and rest well :-))))
I second that. I had boughten a small hand held battery operated massager at Wal-Mart for about $6, it looked like a bug, and it was not very strong at all, I would say it is only good for the first couple of weeks before u r up to something stronger. Good luck nd continued good luck. I took the supplements for six weeks following and then until the latest purchases. was gone. Does not sound like u had much bruising so u r just dealing with swelling and numbness? The bromelain seemed to help with the swelling.
How are you doing today, lady?  Hoping the pain is still manageable for you!
Doing pretty good with the pain. I just feel sore. Not bad at all!
Second day out and since u felt so good on day one I hope it has continued. I am anxious to see that nu bod of ur's. Happy healing.
Thanks. The pain is not bad at all. It just feels like I had serious workout. Lol!
Hello and welcome to the community!  I see you've already met a couple of our RealFriends :).  They are fonts of knowledge regarding lipo.  If you need any technical help with the site (posting pics or video or anything else like that,) please don't hesitate to contact me.  Psyched to see your after pics!  Your skin is so tight in your before pics, you look like a perfect candidate.

Happy healing to you!  I look forward to following your healing :).
Hi there. Congrats on your procedure. I used Dr. Boutte too earlier this for SL (wrap-around). I also have the same question posed by ColoradoMaiden. What procedure(s) did you have with Dr. Boutte? Happy healing :-)