Lifestyle Lift Worth It, but Remember It Still is a Surgical Procedure

I had my LSL 4 days ago and after seeing all the...

I had my LSL 4 days ago and after seeing all the reviews decided to add my two cents. I wanted to get rid of my turkey neck at the age of 49.

You are awake during the procedure and will hear what is going on in the surgical suite. You get a mild sedation-vicodin before the procedure to relax you. For better results, my doctor also suggested that I have lipo under my neck area so I did.

The day of my surgery, my pain on a scale 1-10 was an 8 and the painkillers prescribed help manage the pain. The next day my pain was about a 2-3 and 3 days post-op I am not experiencing any pain. I am still swollen though with some bruising (post op day 4). However I am very pleased with my results so far.

The only thing I found misleading with Lifestyle lift was that the procedure was a little more involved than I expected. It was closer to a mini-face lift with pulling back the muscle, than just a "tightening". So I expected a quicker recovery time than what the consultant or LSL leads you to believe.

The Dr. that performed the surgery gave me an accurate account of my recovery time and I didn't feel he mislead me at all. My surgeon didn't have a great bedside manner, but he did tell me like it was and didn't sugar coat anything. He is board certified in Otolaryngology and Facial and Plastic Surgery, which gave me a better feeling about him--especially him being certified in Head and Neck.

So far I am pleased with my results and will review again as I progress in my treatment.

I had a standard LSL face lift on July 9, 9 days ago. Right now I am feeling devastated. Immediately post surgery, and for the next several days, my pain was excruciating to the point of being incapacitated. I stayed on pain meds round the clock for almost a week. Just before returning for my 1 week follow-up to have sutures removed, it was obvious that something was very wrong. I appear to have some major nerve damage, (what looks like Bell's Palsy) on the right side of my face. My eye will not close and my mouth is drooping. I was supposed to return to work today, but now have another week off, at least. I can't look in the mirror without wanting to cry. I have read hundreds of things on the web and don't know what to believe. Every night I have to put an ophthalmic ointment in my eye and tape the lid closed. I can only advise anyone considering any face lift from any surgeon to think long and hard about letting someone slice and dice your face.

Patricia, my heart goes out to you. Please seek immediate medical attention from an independent board certified plastic surgeon. I am so very sorry. This continues to happen. After you are feeling better, please take the time to post your story so that other women can know what happened to you. Please do not be discouraged, there is help for you, you just have to find the right doctor and you are going to have to wait and let your face heal. I know exactly how you feel, I had a similar experience here in GA with a LSL office. Message me privately if you would like to talk. I wish you the best, Chrystal Eckes.
I'm interested in results from the Houston Tx. Yorktown location.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did very nice work. Can hardly see the stitches and did undermine and pull muscle tissue back. He was highly recommended and appears to be very well respected in the community.