Lifestyle Lift Worth It and I Highly Recommend my Doctor! - Houston, TX

I had the lift done in Houston Texas. My doctor is...

I had the lift done in Houston Texas. My doctor is double board certified in facial plastic surgery and head and neck surgery. His stitches are fantastic!

I think the problem that most people have is with expectations. If you've ever had even minor surgery, you know what to expect. It takes time to heal. You will not look normal in 2 weeks! It's going to hurt and you will need painkillers!! That being said, I had my procedure done in January. I am still numb in certain parts of my face, but my stitches have healed wonderfully. They can hardly be seen and are still fading. I had brusing that took about 2 weeks to go away and I was swollen for several weeks.

I have heard people complain that after a few weeks, they could not tell a difference. This has to do with swelling. When all my swelling went down, I no longer had a "full" look to my face, that was filling out some wrinkles, but that was all fluid. What was left was a GREAT new profile (no loose skin), diminished nasolabial folds and tighter cheeks.

I love the way I look and I would recommend my doctor to any one who was interested in getting this procedure. In fact, I would do it again.

Oh, I have helped many more than you think. I've always been happy for those that got good results& alwayshad a sigh of relief, to be honest. You got lucky, good for you. I'm even happy for you cause it breaks my heart to hear of the hundreds of women who went in w/ high expectations, happy& live everyday in pain, not knowing what to do. Other plastic surgeons say they can't guarantee fixing what some of those Dr's did to me, so they are afraid. A few have had re-do's and ended up worse than before. Look, I've posted many times for many years and all I try to do is have these women understand there are ways to check out the Dr who will alter their faces. I knew nothing when I had mine done& knew nothing about being able to check out a Dr. I believe what the Dr's said. I even liked him. But when I had problems, he never ONCE called me back! When I was finally able to get in, he told me he could redo it. I asked if it were the same procedure (cause it hurt) and he said no. He informed me he'd make my right ear look like my left, which was a pixie ear, totally misplaced& stretched out. I was done w/ LSL after that. Saw many other P.S. and they said where he cut my face was too far away from the ear& couldn't be redone- not enough skin. I was told a small incision hidden in the ear, notmy ears cut off& reattached where he wanted them to go or him hitting the wrong nerve. I do have bigger pics., but they won't go here. I'll send them to your em, if you want. Otherwise It doesn't matter. You can't help me.
Hijacked your post? LOL I am sharing MY experience & many others that I got to know here. If you were so savvy to look up where I live, why didn't you look for my picture? Also, had you read what I said, you'd have seen I've said on many posts, I believe there are some good doctors with that corporation. We have found that many happy bloggers who get so irate at those of us that didn't get good results, are usually employees of that corporation. Freedom of speech. I said it & stand by it. I didn't verbally attack you as you did to me, nor did I attack you Texas doctor. If you are so happy, why are YOU here & not out enjoying your new face???
oh i seeeeeee. this is not a message board for those who want to share great experiences. and if they do, they MUST be in cahoots somehow with the doctor. interesting. as i see it, you should stick to warning people about your personal doctor instead of disparging those who can provide the name of a really great doctor and have the photographic evidence to back it up. my intent was to help people who are considering making a choice. i have no interest in helping LL make money. but through may post i have referred complete strangers to my doctor and they have later THANKED ME! your picture does not provide any type of evidence at all. i have scars behind my ears too. if you really wanted to warn people, you should post very clear and graphic images showing what you are talking about. until then, you are not really helping anyone.

I've had a request for recent pictures, pretty...

I've had a request for recent pictures, pretty much daring me to show that my face isn't sliding down my neck. I've added two very recent pictures. One from September and one from December. As you can see, I appear to be holding up rather well. In fact, I think I look pretty good. I'll be 48 this month.

So once again I'm going to reiterate, knowing what to expect from any type of surgical procedure, including pain, recovery, scarring (which there WILL be!) is vital to being happy with your results.

I am happy. Please allow me to be.

I am sorry for those who have had a bad experience but that is not a reflection of my doctor. I would love for other patient's of my doctor to share their results.

I joined this site in order to share my experience and help others find good doctors. Before my procedure, I was scared and couldn't find any pictures etc. of people that had this procedure. I researched my doctor and met a women who had the procedure by my docotr. She showed me where her incisions were. She did have some minimal scaring but like me, she had long hair, and the scars could be hidden, and I decided, FOR ME PERSONALLY, I could live with some scarring.

overall, however, her face and neck looked GREAT!!!! Her recommendation, my personal research, my doctor's credentials and his perfect record with the Texas Medical Board, and MY PERSONAL SITUATION helped me make the dicision. Each person's situation is different. I was 44 at the time. If you are 54 or 64, you should probably have different expectations.

That being said, I'm pretty tired of having to defend myself. I feel there is much hostility on this site toward those who want to share anyting but a negative experience with LSL. I've been accused on being a "plant" and my credibility is questioned - by those hiding behind tiny profile pictures that show nothing.

I'm over it.

So...I'm retiring. My doctor is no longer performing this procedure for LSL. He is a highly respected and skilled double board certified otololaryngology and facial plastic and recontructive surgeon with a private practice in houston. I have no idea why he performed the LSL procedure for a time. I'm only VERY grateful he did. If you want a referral to another doctor for the LSL I cannot give you one. If you want a good surgeon, please go see him at his private office.

If you want to see his name, please register so you can see it. I will no longer be answering individual emails or questions.

Also, please remember, all facial plastic surgery does is reset your clock. It doesn't stop time. You will not return to age 25... or 35. The aging process continues. I know I will have more surgery later and at that time I will rely on the advice of a qualified dr. to tell me what I need for that age. At 44 the LSL met my needs I was happy with the results. At 53 I'm sure it will be something different.

Good luck ladies. Be informed. Make good choices. Be happy with your choices.

Much Love,
leigh

Just fyi, Dr. Smith performed mine in April 2013 and I wouldn't see him again. My scars still show in front of both ears, he sewed my ear lobes down much further than they were before, I have large bumps behind my ears where he pulled the skin, I still see very little change in the 2 areas I mostly requested be addressed..my jowls and my bit of a turkey like neck. I was 56 when I had surgery. His assistant, when I went in for stitch removal left one in my upper eyelid, causing it to swell and when I pressed on it the stitch came out and made to large holes that were very noticeable....they have since gotten smaller but still exist. I have to say the pain I experienced prior to the surgery of the injections all over my face to deaden it were the worst of the experience . And my face was NOT back to "normal" in two weeks....it took me almost 2 months and there is still some funny sensations in portions of my face. I personally not sure the LSL is the best solution...it is like being on a conveyor belt, get them in and out.
How old are you?
You look beautiful! Very good work.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is highly skilled. EXCELLENT sutures!! Almost non-existant scarring. I understand he is no longer performing the LSL but he does have a private practice in Houston.