What a Rip Off!

Early last year I (and my wife) went for the jowel...

Early last year I (and my wife) went for the jowel lift & face smoothing. With pulling of the skin in different areas, I was shown "what it will look like when done." After it was done, my wife & I went back a week later to have the stitches removed. My wife took a day off from work, but the doctor never showed up. We had to return on another day (more time off from work). I had to return another time because they didn't remove all the stitches. I'm not sure that they still didn't get them all out. There is still a large scar under my chin along with a lump in the middle of the scar.

Down both sides of my jaw line, just in front of my ears there are VERY noticeable scars that run down around my ears and up the back of them. There have been lumps in them from the beginning and continue to itch. It feels as if there are things under the scars like missed sutures. I was under the assumption that plastic surgery shouldn't leave very noticeable scars. I feel as if I were operated on by butchers.

After just over a year, things seem to be back to almost the same as they were prior to the surgery, for both of us. It was a waste of time and money, along with a lot of pain. Along with that, they don't seem to want to know you after you've paid and left after the surgery. Beware of this procedure. Save a little extra money and seek out a "real" plastic surgeon.

Lifestyle Lift

I had the lifestyle lift in Atlanta around 1st of the year 2010 this year. The consultants there said that I would not have lines around my mouth and I still have lines around my mouth. I went in and they said no pain... wrong! it was the worse pain I ever had in my entire life! They said no cutting would be done except behind my ears well let me tell you they cut in front of my ear from tip to botton in front of my ear both ears in front! Then, they didn't do the stiches under the skin they also cut behind my hear both ears and also along my neck line! I am not that old and wasn't that bad on wrinkles. I look ok better than I did, but, the lines around my mouth they said it would be another 2000 and i would have to get a fat filler injection for the lines around my mouth so they lied! Next I am still picking and itching at my scars both in front of my ears and behind and on my neck! I can't put a poneytail cause it shows so much scars where they cut and horrible stiching and sloppy cutting and yes I feel like I was butchered. Please reply if we can all get together as I need some kind of support group here. I feel that my neck looks better but my ears with the scars and neck with scars and my lines around my mouth they tell me another 2000 for fake fat filler that lasts only 6 months they lied said the surgery would take care of the lines LIE LIE LIE!!! Write me if you have similar issues as I did. PS they refuse to call me back about this at all! Thank you.
Yes and NO What you can do...I can completely agree with your comments when it comes to my first surgeon. I had a pleated hairline where skin didn't match up, I had one side of my face that took and the other had the same jowl. I also had bad scarring particularly under one ear where it was not stitched together but left to heal on its own. For almost a year I barely left the house. The Lifestyle Lift managers were very sincere and concurred with my complaints. In my case it was so anguisihing that I had the whole procedure done over adding some liposuction to reduce my chin. The surgeon was very, very careful and I have to say it was actually worth the pain and a small extra charge for the added procedure. As far as I know Lifestyle Lift stand behind its promises and is not unreasonable so long as you do not give up. They will remove your scars. It is a fairly simple procedure. I used to feel as resentful as you for sure, but don't give up. My second surgery took place 11 full months after my first and they were more than willing to wait longer if I needed the time. I hope this helps a little and gives a little hope. Negotiate. I also had a feeling that without the lipo added I would look exactly the same in a year because of gravity. I wish you the best.
One word...."Homework, Homework, Homework.
Dear Miss Elaine, I am not "blaming the victim", I am saying that we, unfortunately, live in a world where caveat emptor, buyer beware, is essential. We USED TO BE protected from the unqualified doing cosmetic procedures because they simply were not allowed to have operating room time, ie, the hospitals would give OR time for a face lift only to a plastic surgeon qualified to perform a face lift. But THEN docs built their own operating rooms in their offices, and nobody could tell them what they could not do. The gloves were off and with it, the protection we deserve. It's an unfortunate truth that ANY MD can "legally" perform cosmetic surgery. Isn't right, isn't good, but it's true. I do not understand how the medical establishment allows these things either. And no, I would NEVER market one of these kinds of practices. We work with only board certified physicians in their specialties, which would be plastic surgery, dentistry and dermatology. We do not work with those who do procedures which they are not educated to perform. I will not be part of the problem. Having said this, there ARE people who report having a good experience with the company discussed here. And, conversely, there are numerous lawsuits. Where it will all end up is anybody's guess, but again, perform due diligence. Ask around before parting with your money and risking your health and appearance.
Dear Miss Elaine -- CohenPR did not say it is marketing for short-cut cosmetic surgery, and many reputable physicians have to market to survive in this competitive climate. As long as medicine is run as a free-market competition, the burden will be on the consumer/patient. The free market maxim, "caveat emptor" (buyer beware) prevails, and even more so when our health and bodies are at stake. It's a shame that Americans persist in the blind commitment to medicine as a free market enterprise, a practice that has been abandoned by all sensible first-world economies. Moreover, a certain percentage of all medical procedures have negative side effects, including flu shots. Online, we are liking to hear from those who have self-selected to warn us, because they are hurting. The happy clients may be too busy simply living their lives to stop by and share their stories. I make these statements not to provoke an argument but to present alternative perspectives.
Thank you for sharing this. I did feel rushed in the information appointment, so I did not put down a deposit. You have confirmed my hesitation. I had investigated with a regular plastic surgeon, and it is substantially more. You have done an enormous public service by posting. I appreciate it.
You know, I suspected this would be the case the first time I saw the commercial. My firm specializes in marketing plastic surgeons, cosmetic dermatologists, cosmetic dentists and medical spas. I have heard all the horror stories from people who want a procedure but want it on the cheap. Buying plastic surgery isn't like buying a box of Tide, in which the quality is the same no matter where you buy it and if you can get a discount, go for it. Good plastic surgeons, board-certified plastic surgeons, don't come cheap. But then again, a Mercedes isn't cheap, a Lamborghini isn't cheap. If you want something good, sometimes you just have to be willing to pay the piper. But either way, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Visit the surgeon, look up his credentials, licensing, check for lawsuits, get to know them before you trust them with thousands of dollars to pierce your body with sharp objects. It's a real shame people are duped like this. Anne
Sir, This is not an abortion clinic and lessons come hard. I never thought that doctor's who sign an oath should be primed for mistrust by patients for a procedure described as simplistic. It is not the patient seeking a less frightening, short-cut procedure, but the greedy doctors who have no integrity that are at fault. Do you do their marketing? You as a professional should be ashamed for chiding the patients and putting the onus on them, because they trusted before they became unfortunate victims. Your day may come.
NEVER would I allow those butchers to work on me again. They fill you all full of B.S., rush you in, rush you out, leave stitches in you, leave you scarred and then don't care to know you any more. If ever there is a class action suit against them, I will be first in line to get a return on at least some of the money owed to me for my botched job, pain & suffering. I guess its a prime example of, "Live & Learn," or, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."
I think you got it right........your last comment said it all. L&L and if it's too good to be true....it isn't. Why would anyone think a cheap fix really works? Listen to info. commercials.........it's just hype advertising giving their version. If you don't like the way your aging....go to a b/c plastic surgeon that you investigated and pay good $$ for good work. It is just that simple. Your face is on the line....why compromise and look for a deal?
I was looking forward to a lifestyle lift from the San Mateo now I am Scare. I hoped it would help. I am 65 y need procedure simular to yours. How do you feel about your procedure now Thankyou for a reply
I had the lift to remove the turkey neck on june of 2007. The results were not good, lumps, scars, numbness, tingling. And worst of all I still have extra skin under my chin, which was the main reason to have this done. I am not happy with this at all. I have told them about how I feel and they have been giving me the run around, I went to the BBB and after a time they closed it due to no response from the san mateo office. I paid $4000 plus interest, and it is not worth, I wish I investigated before having it done.
I was only glad to hear that I was not alone - sorry to hear you are in the same boat as I. I now still have a turkey neck and now my chin has drooped worse than before I am really disappointed