Life Style Lift: A Dangerous Procedure

Lifestyle Lift advertises that they use a local anesthetic

Lifestyle Lift advertises that they use a local anesthetic and you are awake and sitting up through the procedure. They also say you can go to work the next day.

When I got into the room where the procedure was to take place I saw the after-care instructions and panicked. That was when I found out that I would have to wear a bandage over my head for the first four days and then every night for a month. One needs to apply ice every hour for the first 24 hours and then every 3 hours for the next 2 days. Then warm soaks need to be applied for several more days. Peroxide and Bacitracin have to be applied on the wounds several times a day until they heal (almost three weeks for me).

I decided I did not want to go through with the procedure but the assistant brought Dr. in and she basically talked me into going ahead with it. They did not use a local anesthetic but instead gave me shots in the arm and had me lie completely down. I was then out like a light. This is a dangerous situation since there is no IV (in case of severe bleeding) or oxygen available.

After the operation I was in so much pain, I don't know what I would have done if my sister had not been available to care for me for the first two days. The swelling and bruising were horrible and I was totally homebound for the first week. I am now almost four weeks out and am still very numb in front of my ears.

The worst part of all of this is that when I was finally able to see people, not one person noticed anything at all different about me...not my grown son or daughters or even my very best friend. No one even asked if I had "changed my hair" or anything else. What a waste of almost $4,000!!

My sister signed up at the same time I did but after seeing my results she has opted to not have it done.

I could not recommend this to anyone. If you want something done, have a facelift done in a hospital where you are safe and they can take care of you.

Lynda that was a great explanation of the procedure.
Great advice to go to a board certified Plastic Surgeon. You will be so glad that you did. Pay a little more and get the correct results.
GREAT REVIEW. Why waste $4000.00 Save your nickel and dimes and go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and get it done properly - In an accredited surgical facility! A good facelift will last you 10 years - providing you take care of YOU! (no smoking, wear sunblock etc)
GREAT review.. This procedure can not do what a Board Certified Plastic Surgery could do. Why waste $4000.00 - Save your money - get it done properly - a good facelift will last you 10 years (providing you take care of yourself - sunblock, no smoking etc)
This company is just plain scary! Most of their offices are not even in medical facilities or medical buildings. Karioak29, what a horrible experience for your entire family! They continously downplay every reaction. I was told my racing heartbeats and shaking hands due to the numerous face shots was 'NORMAL'. It sure didn't feel 'normal"!

For all of you thinking about doing this....my Aunt just did this procedure 3 days ago. She was a healthy, happy woman. She died yesterday!! It was an outpatient procedure and they don't even put you to sleep. She selected a place on Nashville. The night before the surgery she told her daughter she wasn't scared or worried at all. She was so exited. Just Valium and a local. She did fine. Afterward she got sick and said she was having trouble staying awake. They sent her daughter to pick up a nausea medicine. She went three miles to the pharmacy and had to call mom for her social security number. The doctor came back in the line and said they had just put my aunt in an ambulance and she was "non responsive". Her daughter got to the hospital and she had passed. You never know for sure how your body will respond!!

I'm really sorry to hear that, Karioak29!

thanks but i'm doing a lot better today
My mom had hers done in Atlanta two days ago, and her recovery sounds like yours. She paid $10,000. They said no recovery time. Now we are worried because we have a once in a lifetime vacation planned to Brazil in two weeks. They promised she would be fine. This is not true. My mom has had root canals done without any pain killers...a very high pain tolerance. She is miserable.
OMG! After reading all the horror stories I think I'll just change my hairstyle instead of getting a LSL. I'm so sorry to all of you who had a horrible experience.
**BINGO**...... I am NOT risking my life to look a few years younger - I'll just grow old more "gracefully"!!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Great decision you made. All this reading is here to help people like you make the right decision and save you some grief for latter but some do not believe it and you will see their comments later.
why are so angry???
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

there's no need for name calling.
Well, I have an appt. forLTL that Im going to cancel after reading all of these reviews. The only positive one is from Debby Boone....DUH!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I am VERY happy!!~ had the lower face done in April with Dr. Lee, Santa Ana, Ca, Results excellent. I have 2 friends who already have apts.with Dr Lee after seeing my.fabulous results. .Monica, Faye all the rest of the staff including Dr Lee were the best. So glad I did this at LSL! thank you MK
wha t was cost?
Any person who in their right mind lies down and takes 50 injections in the skin of their face ,eyelids,and neck,and then undergoes the procedure for several hours must ask themselves,,,,AM I crazy or stupid. A regular surgeon puts these surgeries to sleep,,just from the emotional side of the surgery ,in an accredited surgical center with continuous monitoring ,by a anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist while the patient is a sleep,,,do otherwise is just plain crazy and stupid.The surgery is tense enough that to do otherwise would cause one to burnout fast
I did these surgeries and thought I would burn out fast and I did,,,,,,after 3 months,,,
so I wonder how some of these doctors can last years,,,,I think its is called lack of
Empathy for the patient and what he/she is going through .
Bad results occur because of lack of Empathy,,,,it always was/is the patients fault if
something goes wrong,,,,so that I feel is the root of Lifestyle Lift,,,they have your cash,,,,
so,,,,there you have to have a act of Congress to get back or go through the procedure,,,,the sale people get theirs from the meets,the shows for surgery etc,,,
no one gets any more or less if the surgery is successful or failure,,,,
surgery can have complications but these wean over months,,,,,,,and do not effect the results,,,,,so if there is only minimal improvement ,it could be you were never a good candidate in the first place Lifestyle Lift does not have to be accredited because most states say this is being done under local and it is like getting it done in a doctors office so nothing about accreditation is necessary ,to do otherwise is just plain crazy and stupid.

Hey Kid, glad to see you back. Thanks for posting this information. I don't think it really hits home for some people because it does seem like a "Good Deal". But if a person will do their research and Get A Second Opinion before making a final decision, only then can one make a intelligent decision to get a LSL or go through a certified facility that cares about things like gram negative air quality. It is sad that they Target Market to a specific age group and get a gospel singer like Deby Boone to promote the SURGERY. If only they really knew the truth. Best, Chrystal Eckes.

They do NOT want you to know ALL this nonsense that is involved!!! This is a BUSINESS - to make $$$ - because a lot of people are very VAIN!!!